MDR 7s s10

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
does anyone know any information on the 7s s10 that races in MDR/ I was told that Ron Smith drives it but thats all i know. i never see it at contingency so i have not been able to take a good look at it. whats it got? The driver does hot laps all night lond before and after the race and the truck never seems to be broke. what kinda rear end does it have? any information or possibly an email addy of the owner/driver. if my s10 was only that durable id be very happy.

Gregg

BugRacer

Reaction
Ron Smith does own the 7s s10. It is the old Dirt Pilot truck. They do a good prep. Ron likes his guys to have a good time when they come out to the races. They don't take the truck out on fri night, but after a hard day of racing, they make sure everyone on the team gets a ride. I don,t know much more about the truck. <font color="yellow"> </font color>

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
not friday night who you kiddin? unless they have another one they were doing hot laps around the little main pit loop for a good while friday night we were repairing Dans truck at like 11pm and the mtion tire crew was workin on caroyns truck and they must have went buy at least 10 times. its pretty cool though they always seem to be havin fun. is or was there a write up in dirt piolt about the truck? im very courious to find out as much info on the truck as possible.

Gregg

drtdevil93

Reaction
i believe, it was the truck that dirt pilot had a raffle for. and i think they have a chase s10 that looks similar, but im not 100% sure on that.

erik

BugRacer

Reaction
It was the Dirt Pilot raffel truck. I camp next to them every MDR race. I was in bed around 11:00 or so, it could have been the race truck. But they do have a chase truck with almost the same paint job. I will try to get more info on the truck and e-mail you. <font color="yellow"> </font color>

martininsocal

Reaction
That was the raffle truck, not the old dirt pilot race truck. Their old truck is a Ranger that shows up occasionally to race MDR. I think the S10 your seeing was a 4x4 with the front drive removed. The older style s-10 had a stout front end as lonmg as you never engaged the front drive. Folks would take out the 4x4 parts and run them in 2wd all the time. decent travel. He has a good motor in that truck too. Had the goods on all the other trucks in class as far as hp.

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
Reaction
The whole story. The truck was built by Gary Keller for himself and Doug Siewert. Cory Susag bought out Gary and teamed up with Doug and raced a of couple La Rana races. They also ran the 97 Parker race and the 97 Laughlin race, where Cory flipped the truck pretty bad on Saturday. It sat for a couple years needing the cab cage replaced after the roll over. Jamie Campbell rebuilt the cage and the truck was raced by Ron Smith and Dick Susag (Cory's Dad) at the 99 Primm race. The truck then went up for sale but never sold. Then the idea came up to raffle it off and Craig Turner helped out with the media end of it with Dirt Pilot. Curt LeDuc pulled the winning ticket at the Off-Road expo and the winning ticket was purchased by Mitch Hart of 76 race fuels. The truck came with a fully supported MDR race, where his kids rode as co-drivers. Mitch then sold the truck to Ron Smith and Ron has raced it since then. Ron and his guys are a bunch of great people that love racing.

bajaboy

Reaction
We (R&amp;D motorsports) preped the truck 2 seasons back , Good truck, but not up to date. The only things I remember going wrong with it was a few cracks that occured in the bed cage during a MDR race. A great s10 , but no little mac !

Bajaboy

JCA

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ron and his guys are a bunch of great people that love racing

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true...very true. I try to stop and say hi to that group every race. They are a great group to know and really do the race/team thing well.

JCA

Reaction
No problem Doug. I figured you were busy. I figured the same thing is true with Erik.