• Forum membership has its advantages....

MDR and Whiplash Comparison/Questions

Eric

I am considering running the Kartek 400, I have bought so many parts from them I should get to enter for free, but I am curious about a few things.

I have a question regarding their classes and level of competition compared to Whiplash. I only have experience in Whiplash races but find the 10 class to be very wide ranged - from beam cars running VW to Toyota/Honda powered A-Arm cars. Is MDR this way too? Will a Beam 10 car have a chance in an MDR race or is the field of 10's mostly A-Arm? Does MDR have a 12 class - similar to Score?

Thanks for any information.

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing

Mike_McCluskey

The Fleet Fuels team overalled in a beam car built by Dave Bonner a few years back. The Letners always are real fast. I think beam cars can keep up but what do I know?
My .01

Terrie_Tavis

Eric,

I think you have a great chance of placing. Look at the lap times on the 1600 cars. A few of them are faster than most of the 10 cars. Also, good prepping is really important. At the Ridgecrest race, four class ten cars out of ten finished. Think about joining one of the pit clubs. Having four pits can make the difference whether you finish or not. I have an a-arm car, but I'm certainly not the fastest. I do drive smooth and consistant however, and I uaually place. GOOD LUCK!!!!

[image]www.vorra.com/ttavis.jpg[/image]
Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!

kurt

Eric - MDR doesn't have a class 12/ score lite class so they all get grouped into class 10. Class 10 at MDR is very wide ranged as in Whiplash, from old beam cars/class12/score lites to the newest class 10 A-Arm cars being built. They usually have a good turn-out and always competitive, thou as Terri said finishing is the key and you'll place well.

El Chinero

Mike McC:

Are you of the Phoenix McCluskys? Drag guys? Wrecking yard on Grand Ave?

No matter -- you're right, the beams ARE competative ... those Bonner motors with that plenum intake is very effective.

tt

Tony T
El Chismoso

Eric

Thanks for the info everyone. I look forward to attending the race. Good to hear about the wide range of 10 cars.

See you in Lucerne.

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing