MDR California 200 info please

Rory

Crayola Killer
Hey MDR racers, I've never raced an MDR race before nor attended one and was thinking about racing the Trophy Truck Killer for some night race experiance before the Baja 1000. We don't want to race class 1 and be in the way so what other class do we race? I see 2 classes in which my car would fit (besides class 1)
Class 1300 or Class 12?
MDR says class 12 is for Unlimited car with VW beam....is that right? Since i usually race sportsman I was thinking 1300...any input from you Cali guys? Signed, Lost in Arizona. Thanks in advance guys.

Photo credit from Eric @ Carrera Photo

Attachments

drj777

i would contact MDR directly...i can PM the # to you if youre interested!

drj
:D

Erik Irvine

Last I heard MDR's class 12 required a beam and a VW type 1 (open displacement). I think your running something different for a engine??? If so class 1300 would be good, if for some reason I am remembering wrong and you do have a type 1, run class 12.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Erik, your right, i'm running a stock Turnkey V8. thanks for clarifying, class 1300 it is.

joe1369

That's right Rory, 1300 is the unlimited sportsman class for MDR, 4,6, and 8 cyl. all together. MORE seperated the 4 cyl (1300) and v6/v8 (1350) into 2 seperate classes.
This is a good tune-up run for BAJA. Maybe will see you there. Joe1369

maxyedor

Just take a rear start in class one
x2, if you're after night-time seat-time you want to race a pro class. The sun will just be setting as you reach mm35-45ish, if you race cl1 and you'll get 3 more laps in the dark, race 1300 and you only get 2 full laps in the dark.

y2kbaja

The course is wide enough I don't think you'll be in anybodys way. And with it being a night race you'll know when somebody is coming up behind you (lights). I would say race class 1, there are only 5 entries in the class. A finish will probably podium.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Rear start in class 1 for sure. There are only 2-3 other class 1 cars anyways and you should be faster then most of the rest of the field except for maybe a few little Toyota pickups :)

Junior

Jeeeeezus Christ! The Trophy Truck Killer with a fire breathing V8? Sack up and run in class 1!

Sandbagger!

Rory

Crayola Killer
And so it begins.........

M.Harvey1600

And so it begins.........
go class 1.... the trophy truck killer will b plenty fast 2 keep up with a lot of the cars out there...

mgobaja

Well since I cant leave Eric and Junior alone, just do it, all the cool kids would

BCG1

Hey, Rory.....

I thought you sold your Sportsman car and bought a race car....

kras

How can you possibly consider running Sportsman after this Rory?

$20 action says you overall it, but you gotta run with the one cars. Anyone????

Trophy Truck Killer, right?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Great, I have just been peer pressured into racing class 1, rear start. No chance of an Overall unless all the fast guys (including 1400's, 1600's etc...) have Major problems. Remember, we are mostly racing this race for night racing experiance for the Baja 1000 and also want to see how many more miles we can put on it since the 400 we put on it at the MINT. If I do Yardsale it, please have your cameras ready so i have a memory of what racing was like :D. Racers Only Motorsports #197...Gawd help us all!