mdr class rules

singlehanded

Reaction
I plan on racing my street legal ranger in mdr, whenever its done and legal. I went to their website and I couldnt find rules for classes just generic safety stuff. I dont plan on racing it in any other series. It will be mainly a second truck for racing mdr/glamis and rialto. I considering engine mods for more hp and torque, but I want to make sure they are legal for mdr street legal prerunner class. Right now I have a 94 4.0 manual with k&n and stillen intake and a gibson exhaust. Are superchargers legal, what about a 351w or lots of inside work done to my 4.0.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

PLS

Reaction
Check SCORE's website for class rules. For the most part, the other promoters pretty much follow them.
Pete-BOYD RACING

Dillon

Reaction
If you want to stick to Class 7 you can't have more then 6 cylinders and must be from the same manufacture as the vehicle (Ford). Also, I'm pretty sure but not 100% certain, superchargers aren't allowed, even in 7open.

Check BITD's site, they have an online rulebook for general class rules.

Dillon Poole

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
John,

If you're going to run a SCORE class at MDR get a rule book from SCORE.

If you're going to run MDR's Prerunner/Street Legal Class contact Art Savedra. He is the Tech Director for MDR.

PHONE: 702-897-3583
FAX: 702-897-3859
email wattarush@aol.com

Reese King

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I beleive the stret legal class is basicly an open (unlimited) class, as long as it is street legal. Not too sure on the supercharger. Unless it came from the factory that way?
There are rangers with V8's running in the street legal class.

<font color=yellow>United Jump Truck Society<font color=yellow>
U.J.T.S. President.

singlehanded

Reaction
No rangers came from the factory with a v-8,so why would a supercharger be not allowed? I think it is also kinda funny street-legal but you must run a cell which wont pass smog and makes the truck not street-legal really. Is there any place that has a mdr rule book or a site that explains street-legal class rules? I want to get the most power for my buck on this truck and a supercharger would probably be the way if it is legal to run in this class. Any reason why it would be bad to run a supercharger for long desert racing?
thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Dillon

Reaction
There is a guy on here who has a green Tacoma with supercharger and he decided not to race because he wanted to keep the blower.

Also, I'm just curious, what Rangers run in 7open w/ V8s?

gary

Reaction
Dillion,
7 open isn't the street legal class. The street legal class in MDR is 1400 and sportsman street legal is 1450,a s far as I know.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
You have to run a fuel cell in every class in every series. Even though it is not street legal it is for safety reasons. My buddy used to run a stone stock explorer and he had to run a cell, even the 100% stock VW Beetle sedans (class 11) have to run a fuel cell.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
the SCORE book states:
CR32 superchargers and turbos are not permitted in any class of conpetition

The MDR street legal class originally was stared as a low buck entry level class.
The saftey rules and many other non class specific rules are the same as SCORE.
As far as a fuel cell is concerned, they can be removed and the stock tank put back in for smog. They are for safety. Technicaly, roll cages and harness are not street legal either.
Basicly if it has a plate, current registration, meets the safety requirements, and does not have a turbo or supercharger, it can enter the street legal class.

to be 100% sure contact: Art Sevedra WATTARUSH@AOL.COM
His phone # is in a previous post

<font color=yellow>United Jump Truck Society<font color=yellow>
U.J.T.S. President.

singlehanded

Reaction
What the difference between what can run 1400 and what runs 1450?

WFODAN

Reaction
The only difference between the 1400 Pro class and the 1450 Sportsman class is the entry fee and the amount of laps required per race . The pro class 1400 races for money and trophies , and the sportsman class 1450 races for trophies only . Other than that you can race either you prefer . About a supercharger ...... I'd say you could run it . The rule for the class is basically current registration . There is no rule about the motor . Art would make the call , but if a V8 mini truck can race I don't think you'll have a problem . Myself I wouldn't want a supercharger force feeding dirt into my motor , but that is up to you .

Dan Vance

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I don't know about other mini trucks, but can't you smog a 5.0 in a Ranger? I remember Kreg Donahoe saying you could not run supercharger in any class, but i don't know if he was just talking about SCORE, or all of the other series as well. Also, can't you race full size trucks in1400 and 1450?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

WFODAN

Reaction
You can race any truck you'd like in either class so long as it has current registration . As for smogging a 5.0 Ranger ...... Yes you can , providing the motor came from a newer year vehicle than the one it is going into and the emmission levels are kept at the same level as the law provides for that vehicle .

Dan Vance

frankh

Reaction
And the rule don't say Calif registration. Anyway the 1450 class is to go have fun. you are not racing for a payback. So take what ever you have and come race. I think you will find that most everyone in the class will not bitch but will mostly even help you out. At least us and all the 1450 people I know personaly will.

The no turbo or supercharges is a SCORE rule. and everyone uses there rules. But I'm sure it would be ok in 1400,1450. I don't understand the rule. If you have two unlimited classes what diff does it make. If they what to try it hell go for it.

Frank

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I wouldn't say it's safe to go by the SCORE rule book. MDR make up their own rules. Any time your going to build something I would call Art and ask questions. Oh ya you don't have to run a fuel cell in class11.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
ALL classes require a fuel cell...MDR when it comes to 1400,1450 does not really care about anything but the safety and that it has a license plate at least on it for tech...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
SCORE Rule CR 21 under Class 11:

"Stock tank may be used in the stock location."

Reese

WFODAN

Reaction
Reese ,

Can you explain to me how a stock gas tank protected by nothing more than a sheet metal hood would be considered safe ? I know it can't hit the ground , but what about a heavy front impact ? All of the class 11 cars that I've seen have a cell mounted inside . I'd say it's just another testament to the supreme beings that write the rules .

Dan Vance

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I dont think an 11 car can go fast enough to nerf and rupture it + it is German engineering behind it so it is probably superior in design to american and japanese tanks.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."