MDR Crash Lawsuits Come Out

D-rek

Reaction
Well said. Bighad if you truly want to help out the ohv community drop your lawsuit admit you were in the wrong and testify to that in the other lawsuits.

bighad

Reaction
Nowhere have I said it is or is not my fault..nowhere have I said it is or is not my responsibilities..I think what I have said is I don't agree with blaming the spectators one hundred percent. I think what I have made clear from day one is that I am deeply appreciative of everyone's contributions to those hurt, killed , or affected. I have said Fast aid is a great group, with honorable folks who dedicate a lot of their personal time..and I for one appreciate that sincerely. I think I have actively said it is not fair to judge anyone of that night. I think I have said palapa boy is an outstanding person, as is Roger Norman, and several others..bj Baldwin..what a guy building danicas truck for Cheyenne...none of these people had to get involved or anything. They did....they are all welcome at my home, I have a lot of respect for them in what they have done....all positive things. I am appreciative of all the fundraising that took place..all of you who have thrown a buck down..and what you don't know is...so did I..so did I buy shirts and other things that went to the victims..and what most of you fail to see is that in that moment of the accident, while being the worst injured to live, I denied medical aid and deferred the medics to others..and I was the last one to receive aid and be life flighted out..and when fast aid contacted me I said take care of others first..I have a few bucks in the bank..others may not..so friends..research that..as it is fact..from day one I have put myself in the back of the line to think of others first. I have refrained from talking badly about anyone in this sport..and on this site I have and continue to say you all should as well....the waters run much deeper then most of you are aware of..I take this challenge of my injuries and I choose to use it to help others who are freshly broken up in the neck...I discuss with them and encourage them to be a survivor..not a victim. You all have no idea of the physical challenges I face, but if you were around me you would see I don't boo hoo about my situation...I fight on with a positive attitude...and I don't understand all the negative behaviors of so many of you with your doom and gloom thoughts...I guess that is today's society....bash that which we don't know..assume thoughts cause it's too difficult to understand the facts...spew hate and Ill will upon your fellow riders....eat your own....not one of you know how or why I am now in this lawsuit..or what I am after...if I drove it or it sucked me in...nope, not one of you has taken the time to figure that out...cause it's easier to spew hate and hurt to that which we don't understand...am I tooting my own horn? No..because I was present or aware of the numerous people who screamed what they wanted, all about themselves, their overly expensive tombstones to their medical aid...all while I said...go help them first..to this site and it's barrage of me me me...my opinion..me me..me..well I am thankful I see the me as a we..and there is more then just me in this world..and I think of others....someday you all will see that..until then..gotta go folks..incoming..gotta take cover....

9rocky

Reaction
Nowhere have I said it is or is not my fault..nowhere have I said it is or is not my responsibilities..I think what I have said is I don't agree with blaming the spectators one hundred percent. I think what I have made clear from day one is that I am deeply appreciative of everyone's contributions to those hurt, killed , or affected. I have said Fast aid is a great group, with honorable folks who dedicate a lot of their personal time..and I for one appreciate that sincerely. I think I have actively said it is not fair to judge anyone of that night. I think I have said palapa boy is an outstanding person, as is Roger Norman, and several others..bj Baldwin..what a guy building danicas truck for Cheyenne...none of these people had to get involved or anything. They did....they are all welcome at my home, I have a lot of respect for them in what they have done....all positive things. I am appreciative of all the fundraising that took place..all of you who have thrown a buck down..and what you don't know is...so did I..so did I buy shirts and other things that went to the victims..and what most of you fail to see is that in that moment of the accident, while being the worst injured to live, I denied medical aid and deferred the medics to others..and I was the last one to receive aid and be life flighted out..and when fast aid contacted me I said take care of others first..I have a few bucks in the bank..others may not..so friends..research that..as it is fact..from day one I have put myself in the back of the line to think of others first. I have refrained from talking badly about anyone in this sport..and on this site I have and continue to say you all should as well....the waters run much deeper then most of you are aware of..I take this challenge of my injuries and I choose to use it to help others who are freshly broken up in the neck...I discuss with them and encourage them to be a survivor..not a victim. You all have no idea of the physical challenges I face, but if you were around me you would see I don't boo hoo about my situation...I fight on with a positive attitude...and I don't understand all the negative behaviors of so many of you with your doom and gloom thoughts...I guess that is today's society....bash that which we don't know..assume thoughts cause it's too difficult to understand the facts...spew hate and Ill will upon your fellow riders....eat your own....not one of you know how or why I am now in this lawsuit..or what I am after...if I drove it or it sucked me in...nope, not one of you has taken the time to figure that out...cause it's easier to spew hate and hurt to that which we don't understand...am I tooting my own horn? No..because I was present or aware of the numerous people who screamed what they wanted, all about themselves, their overly expensive tombstones to their medical aid...all while I said...go help them first..to this site and it's barrage of me me me...my opinion..me me..me..well I am thankful I see the me as a we..and there is more then just me in this world..and I think of others....someday you all will see that..until then..gotta go folks..incoming..gotta take cover....

You can claim the moral high ground all you want as far as your reasons for being in this lawsuit, I for one do not believe a word of it. I am sure that the law firm that is representing you shares your concern for the OHV community , and they are litigating this for the benefit of the community pro bono. Is this the case?

coilover88

Reaction
Anybody ever watch "Bully Beatdown"? Law suits are a form of bullying when used the way this one is. The off road community is the victim---The 10 grand can be donated to Fast Aid.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Travis, I forget where I read it but someplace you said something to the effect of. " I am doing this so that off road racing will be safer in the future."

I was hoping you could clarify how this lawsuit would make things safer because that really doesn't make sense to me.

Nessy

Reaction
You also havent taken responsibilty for your actions and continue to blame other people or you wouldnt be in a lawsuit.You dont have to be stupid to make a bad decision.Everbody does it.You should be counting your lucky stars that you are not paying the ultimate price.
You say Brett should get out and race yet your lawsuit (and his moms) is going to be what keeps him from doing so.There is no way Brett can talk to you or any of the injured until this has run its course in the courts.You talk about all you have done but actions speak louder than words.

Jeffrey Musgrave

Reaction
Re: Please sit this one out!!

It is selfish of you to whine about you and what you want..I say if he can..he should....go race Brett...this America...everyone has rights in this country...something a lot of you seem to forget. The truth of the MDR incident is that the ones who claim to be pro desert and off roaders are the very ones who represent this familia as it is called....so poorly...too quick to continue to bash and tear up the spectators of that night..or the driver..without knowing all the facts. Almost all the speculation and remarks at me, for example...have been untrue. I understand the passion some of you have... And some of you may have been very accurate in your comments...But regardless the trash talk in the end only shows just how poorly unified the ohv groups are...and why groups like Asa..who fight to keep glamis open..why the membership is so low compared to the amount that go to glamis. It is easier to sit at a computer spewing off opinions then it is to get out there and actually do something to keep your deserts open. I sit back and to be honest, laugh at most of this, not with Ill intent or to mock any of your opinions..but to know that..while I am labeled by you the Antichrist of off road..it was I..with a few others...who put forth the effort to build the memorial at slash x. it is guys like me who will throw down the 55 dollar donation to do the poker run for morongo search and rescues poker run..or the TDS...or a lot of other events which continue to support the ohv life style

Give us one reason why the spectators were within 100 feet of the course and we may entertain your defense.

When was the last time we had a sanctioned offroad event in Glamis? All of your perported facts and figures regarding GD, ASA etc have no effect or bearing on sanctioned desert racing. The plaintiffs have a job ahead of them.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
Re: Please sit this one out!!

Give us one reason why the spectators were within 100 feet of the course and we may entertain your defense.

How about he gives us a reason they were on the course?

I would also like an explanation from Travis about his lawsuit. If we are all wrongly accusing you, please tell us your side and why this makes sense to you. I know there are two sides to every story, lets hear yours. I hope that with your lawsuit that every dollar that you take personally has a receipt to it, and every dollar over that is paid back into off-road racing to help their safety measures. Is this your master plan? This would certainly ease a lot of peoples tension towards you

Attachments

• crowd.jpg
    crowd.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 96
  • crowd2.jpg
    crowd2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 94

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
How about he gives us a reason they were on the course?

I would also like an explanation from Travis about his lawsuit. If we are all wrongly accusing you, please tell us your side and why this makes sense to you. I know there are two sides to every story, lets hear yours. I hope that with your lawsuit that every dollar that you take personally has a receipt to it, and every dollar over that is paid back into off-road racing to help their safety measures. Is this your master plan? This would certainly ease a lot of peoples tension towards you

I'd also like to know why he and others didn't move back when the first vehicles were coming through that spot.

M_Solms

Reaction
Nowhere have I said it is or is not my fault..nowhere have I said it is or is not my responsibilities...from day one I have put myself in the back of the line to think of others first. I have refrained from talking badly about anyone in this sport..and on this site I have and continue to say you all should as well....the waters run much deeper then most of you are aware of....

It is too bad you didn't use all your proclaimed wisdom to put yourself at the back of the line before the crash.
We are all aware of how deep the waters run and we are also aware the BS is running much much deeper.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I was at start finish and when it came over the radio about the ACCIDENT race cars were still able to leave the starting line.

When this all goes to trial the defense need to get the incar cam footage of the 25 plus cars that just barely made it through the rock pile without problems and show that most of the people did not move back.

I'll repeat this again, (just like I explained to the CHP investigators). And I'll type SLOWLY, because the MORONS in the media, the lawyers looking for a buck, and the frauds who pretend to care about the environment are reading this thread:

1) A radio message was relayed on the MDR staging channel from the MDR trailer that there had been a crash at the Rockpile. No vehicle was flagged off after that. Within a minute the promoter received a cell phone call from someone at the Rockpile, (basically stating that a vehicle went into the crowd). The promoter instructed us (Start/Finish) that the race was over, and contacted checkpoint personnel to tell them to hold vehicles as they arrived. We (Staging) informed the drivers at Start/Finish to shut down, and explained the reason why. Everybody who left after that was aware of the crash, and presumable went back to their pit.

2) Brent Sloppy was the 41st vehicle to leave the Start line.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Given the opportunity I will be the first to support my opinion on how in no way this is the drivers fault. Also how common sense was in the hands of the spectators. Not to mention the spectators were breaking the rules/law standing in harms way.

If I get payed anything as a witness all funds will be given to fastaid.

I am working on getting people together who share the same views to support the defense side of this craziness.

harleys dad

Reaction
given the opportunity i will be the first to support my opinion on how in no way this is the drivers fault. Also how common sense was in the hands of the spectators. Not to mention the spectators were breaking the rules/law standing in harms way.

If i get payed anything as a witness all funds will be given to fastaid.

I am working on getting people together who share the same views to support the defense side of this craziness.
bingo!!!

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
Given the opportunity I will be the first to support my opinion on how in no way this is the drivers fault. Also how common sense was in the hands of the spectators. Not to mention the spectators were breaking the rules/law standing in harms way.

Count me in Jerry

gotteracing

Reaction

i figured out 3 things this weekend:

1. trophylites bodies are ugly
2. robbie gordon sucks at nascar
3. and travis bonner is a bonehead.

jerry you can have my photos/video from that night. because i REFUSE to give them to the media or lawyers. somebody gave cbs 2 and 9 my email. i said noway jose.

we were further up the track, first campsite above the jump. between the jump and the top of the rockpile. we stayed off the course. and even steeped back another 30 feet after the first 2 trucks came through. common sense told us to stay closer to our bbq in camp. we have video of a guy that we told to get his quad off the edge of the track, and he told the people next to us "the trucks can hit them, just not mt quad"

Nessy

Reaction

Agree 100%

DaveGores

Reaction

You're talent with doublespeak is something to be marveled. You continue to claim you're not a victim and then continue on to describe the pain you're in and the tough time your son is having. You claim that "Nowhere have I said it is or is not my fault..nowhere have I said it is or is not my responsibilities.." but I also can't recall you admitting that you made a poor decision and that the majority of the responsibility for what happened to you that night rests with yourself. Instead, your long-winded posts continue to dance around the issue while you point fingers in every direction but your own. I hope there is more to your lawsuit that might absolve you, but I've tried and failed to find any reason that would do such. You made a mistake. I and many others have made the same. Unfortunately, you and your family had to pay for that decision. The true test of your character is how you respond. While I have no doubt that you have stepped up to help the other victims via time, money and sincere acts of kindness, your comments on this board and your lawsuit have put you in the red in my eyes.

I was there that night, right next to Kritter, who thankfully had a well-stocked first aid kit, water and several blankets that I was able to give to the first responders to help those who were hurt. We were directly across from the accident and I was one of the first people from my side of the race course to reach Andrew. I'll never forget that night and I truly feel for the scores of people who were affected more deeply than myself. I understand how crippling these medical bills must be for those who were injured and the families of those who lost their lives, but suing for MDR's insurance money and the taxpayer's dollars via BLM and the federal government is not acceptable. Neither of them shoulders one quarter of the blame that those who made the decision to stand to close to the course deserve.

I have seen the vast amount of support, both monetary and emotional, that this community has provided to those in need. I have no doubt that Bighad and his child received horrible messages, and those that said he should have died are despicable. However, despite what he may say about us and our supposed ill-will, the actions of a few are far outweighed by the actions of everyone else, and I have never been more proud to call myself a part of this community.

Bighad, I truly hope you receive relief from the lingering pain your injuries have no doubt left you with and for the health of your son.