MDR - Hotline

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
After Lap1

Vance 1st on course
Eric from Deaver 20 minutes behind
Camburg Truck in pit with Hood off, back on course, 25minute(?) after Vance - Sounds good with new SC.

Kyle Taylor broke crank starting 2nd lap.
Wayne Lugo Truggy no show
Baja Shop Truggy off the pace
Letner Racing hauling the mail
Frank Hines looking fast in class 1

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Dan Vance is down, rear end blew up..under repair on race course now.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Dan Vance had a rear end problem not transmission as I first was told. He was back under way by 10:30.

Camburgs truck looks real bad. They are fortunate enough to not have been hurt. Everyone walked away. Its pretty amazing when you see pics that I am sure will be posted tonight.

jeff

Reaction
Dan Vance - rear end went out because someone forgot to fill it with diff fluid - smoked the gears at mile 44.

Hines crew - serious damage on the 1 car - as per Dan Vance - busted the chassis in six places.

It was a bad day for quite a few racers. I've never seen so many busted limit straps in one race!

Aloha

Outhouseracing

Reaction
Heard baja shop truggy broke a brake line, had a shock faliure and then busted a crank, not a good day, results top 3 Class 1 Jergenson then the Letners and 3rd Koch pretty windy day and very cold this morning, and i belive the "winged warrior" class 16 AKA Wallace got the win. Not 100%

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
All us Camburg Croanies were glad to see our leader Jerry and co-driver unharmed. Just goes to show you how important a good cage is! I was really suprised to see how intact the cagework was after rolling the truck at that speed.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
The baja shop truggys rear was oil soaked big time, as well as, both the prerunner, and the 1 car, had missing brake line parts on the rear. Supposidly kyle was pulling off close to 30 min lap times, and was way ahead by the first pit?

was it just me or did there seem to be a ton of jeeps?

So what exactally happend to Jerry, I know he was okay, how about the co-pilot? sighhhhh that truck was way nice!

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

mattrick8888

Reaction
co-pilot is okay too. jerry was complaining of wrist pain. from people that saw it happen, he was doing 70 down main, swapped left, swapped right, and the rear rim blew out, which sent the truck out of control and the steering wheel got ripped out of his hands. the truck went end over end from what i heard and someone has told me it went over 5 times! amazing to see how well the cage held up. a gloomy day in the camburg pits.......we were just thankful no one got hurt.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
wow, it is amazing how the differnent cars come out when they roll, Kyle at parker rolled 4-5 times at speed and bent a tube on the rear cage and fourlink bar, as were the ranger was demolished, of course they are very different in design the cages held great.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
good point...sorry to see the camburg truck go out like that, but I think the cage should definitly be rethinked for the next build because the passenger side was way too close for comfort to the co drivers head. Looks like the other Ranger needs to be put back into the loop for the next race.

It is also too bad for Taylor...2 cranks in a row! Also a good point to all the people who ask why the bog dogs dont run MDR...he was already starting lap 2 when the last class 11 left the line...dangerous!!! He may not have finished but thats totally besides the point...big dogs race MDR to shake down/ test the vehicle or for fun.

Props to Dan Vance to giving it mashin the throttle and puttin on a show..sucks about the rear end but good to see it got goin again...and then the rev through main was true WFO style!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
never met dan before but we were at the rear end change when fish jumped in and took off and dan was all riled up about the truck, and the way it should be driven, I thought it was pretty funny.

I remember kyle said that he was behind the baja shop and he would not move, he was going to smash, i mean rub, the rear of them to move, but his truck is so low and thier car is so high he did not want to push the rear end of the truggy and infront of that was like 2 or 3 11 cars and I think he had to tap them as well or someone else.

After looking at the camburg ranger aftermath on the pass side in the cab it looked like the bars had helmet paint on them and jerrys was fine, but i over heard jerry say that he doesn't think the belts were that tight, but his were cause he is always tensioning them. I think it was said best by Kyle when asked about the amount of tubes in his truck, "tubing is cheap, hospitals are not"

who had the marron ranger with a black front end that was parked next to Lara's Ranger, looks familiar?

Timberwlf

Reaction
Dammit....I missed this race =( I cant wait for the video and pictures of everything.....dammit...dammit...dammit

Glad that everyone was ok....

Later
Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
That little rev was for you Kritter lol....I had to at least make the truck sound fast even though we only had 1st and 3rd gear cause 2nd blew up about 200feet after we changed the 3rd member.

Good Times and i'll have incar and other video up tonight!

Go Big Or Go Home

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The Red and Black Ranger is mine.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
We were at Pit A and say Talyor put a nice pass on the Baja Shop Truggy. Talylor was on his tail all they way from before the check point till when you turn right down the little hill that crosses teh wash after Pit A. Text book pass, we were suprised actually that there was no nerf :)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Did anyone see the aftermath of the class 1 vs. class 11? I talked to the driver of the class 11 and he said it was right by pit b, and he pulled to the right to let a truck pass and the class 1 came on his right and clipped him. He said the 1 car had to been going over 100mph, he said it rolled like 7 times, I hope the occupants of the 1 car are ok. Camburgs truck looked gnarly after the crash, they were running very well up until then. As for Black Market Racing, a pretty good showing for our first race ever, we finished in around 7 hours. Amazing how it was our first race and in Barstow, we had no flats and no other problems, the only 'incident' was we were nerfed by truck 720 and suffered a minor ding in the spare tire cradle. Congradulations to Brian, Eric, and Dave, the driver and co-drivers as this was their first ever off-road race.

LVprerunners.com

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Sorry to hear Jerry balled up the new Ranger. I was there and I missed it...?

Who was in the mid seat 7 Open truck with the "wound tight" engine? What was it and why did the engine sound link that?

Who won the Jeepslow, uhm Jeepspeed race...?

What was Dan Vance driving?

Cold and windy in the AM. Perfect day for the racers. I sure wish we would could of finished my truck in time!

What a great time in the desert. Me and a buddy and our two sons.

Next race BITD in the Stock Mini. Watch out Rob Mac and company. Cross hairs are on you...

THROTTLE DOWN