MDR - Hotline

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt in the camburg rollover. From what I saw, it looked like the truck was getting a little sideways through the whoops and one of them kicked the rear up and make it land sideways. The tires caught and rolled the truck to the currie pit eventually landing on its side. Sad to see that after an amazing first lap.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
We were at Pit A and saw a Class 11 car trying to pass the Black Market Fab, were they experiencing any problems?

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
From what people said, just like you said, they also said what caused the roll over was the rear wheel broke and folded under and the tire flew in the air. I could do nothing to stop it. It is amazing at how fast it happens and how slow it is when you are rolling.
Every one is ok no injuries, I am amazed at how well the cage held up. We hit so hard in the front corner and it only came in a few inches. We thought about vertical supports but the truck is only a pre-runner. When we fix the truck we will live with crawling through the windows! The truck is not that bad it will take a few weeks to fix. Cut the top part of the cage out and rebuilt it. The suspension is still great. The rear of the frame is slightly twisted but not that bad. The truck looks worse than it really is, but will be back in action soon.
As for lap times my first lap was around 55 min and we had over 8 min of down time. The truck is very fast in the rough, I can't believe how well it works in the rough.
I would sure like to see video of the truck soon and some pics of the roll overs in action!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Who won class 1400/1450?

Glad to hear that you are okay Jerry and that the truck is not dead.

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
here are the pics I got of the camburg roll over and the class 11 collision aftermath with the 1 car

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.lvprerunners.com/images/pictures/04-05-03mdr/posts>http://www.lvprerunners.com/images/pictures/04-05-03mdr/posts</A>

LVprerunners.com

Clifford

Reaction
The "wound tight" Toyota is the Denunzio truck. I think it was discussed some time ago on this forum.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
After seeing those pictures, I think we can all see why we are required to wear all that safety gear. Glad to see everybody was okay.

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well the Incar didnt turn out!!! What a joke cause we had some cool stuff on it like nerfing Erik and Fay's getting outta controll and a 7S rolling right in front of us....but we dont get to see any!!!!

Here are 2 little clips from other video from today:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/danstartmojave.wmv>Dan Off The Start</A>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/ttcls1mojave.wmv>TT And Cls 1 Getting Crazy</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

Go Big Or Go Home

motoxscott

Reaction
It just goes to show why all our so called "prerunners" need cages. One minute everything is going great, the next you're on your lid. At that speed you're just along for the ride. I'm sure the Camburg guys are bummed I know they put a lot of time into that truck these last couple of months, but on the upside everyone was ok, and their truck was working awesome out there.

A thanks goes out to Dan Vance as well for giving our buddy a front brake line so he could make it home as his snapped.

With all the smack talking that goes on it's great too see everyone go out of their way to help everyone out. That says something about this sport.

-Scott

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Bruce that is Denunzios new toyota 7 open, It has a 6 into 1 exhaust that wraps up over the motor producing that sound. The fuel cell surronds the driver hanging over the frame rails. We talked about it before on the board and according to score rules its illegal because the seat is suppose to be in the stock factory location. So I guess he can run it in Trophy Truck in Score or keep running MDR.

Dan was running his Toyota its got a new paint job now its all black.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Jerry as everyone has stated ...Glad to hear you are all OK...HELL the cage did it's job it's only needs to work one time.....

Start drinking till you see double and act single

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I had an awesome time today, what a great race! Kyle was hauling ass at the beginning, was it the beginning or end of lap 2 he blew the crank? He was only doing two laps anyway because he only entered for some testing before they head off to Guam with the ProTrucks. It was friggin cold, but that did not ruin my weekend one bit! :)

I want to give a BIG thanks to Frank Hines for the race suit, Dave Tounget for the helmet, and especially Fish and Dan Vance for letting me co-ride lap 3. All you guys made my day, what an awesome race. Thanks again!

P.S. And thanks to everyone else who was cool as hell too.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 04/05/03 10:47 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Tomack

Reaction
Bruce you wont even see them. I will though. Open trucks start before mini's did you forget.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Bruce,

DeNunzio's truck has a stock 3.4 V6 while they R&D. Perhaps that's why it sounded "wound-tight"

The truck is legal, John. Think bench seat.

Reese

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Not to burt anybodys bubble but camburgs first lap was a little over 58 mins Dans first was a little over 52 these times are care of mdr at the finish line yesterday. The truck gonna make it ti Ridgecrest Jerry? I wonder how many of these people know about the spark plug incident carmas an A$$ kicker. Glad to here everyone involved is ok though. see ya at ridgecrest

motoxscott

Reaction
Ask any racer, the race isn't won on the first lap. Both trucks looked good out there. Both had problems, thats what the desert throws out at you. How come their was no oil in Vances rear end? Was that carma for the silly string incident? :)

-Scott

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I really want to thank everyone who helped out. It was awesome to feel so taken care of. The MDR staff, the spectators, and the racers crews who helped out. It was a weird feeling when you get out of a crash like that. All I could think was I hope I did not crash into any one, is my co-driver ok, and am I ok. After everything was ok I thanked God!
I can't wait until I see the video, I saw what a guy took and it was exciting to see.
Once again thank you to all who helped us.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
no the silly string thing was revenge. no diff oil was AUSTINS fault j/k austin. it was fun though getting up at 3 and walking to the camburg truck in the freezing cold. ahh scott did you get butt hurt cause you had to clean it up? like i said before im glad no one was hurt and all is ok in the end. by the way thats gotta be a high for the weekend

motoxscott

Reaction
Me hurt.......no..........it took all of 2 minutes to clean up. It gave me a quick laugh. Since it was so cold out there it didnt really stick to anything. That was the only good that came out of the cold weather.