MDR - Kartek 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
How was the race ?

I heard 1428/ Dan Vance hit the wall in lap one pretty hard. Broke all kinds of stuff and still took the big W.
Some new TT or Protruck. All yellow. detail ?
TZSO has a new One car after the fire last year.

What else is new ? Happend ?

jeff

Reaction
Just got home from the race... the Dan Vance wall jump was by far the most memorable jump of the entire race. Dan nailed it in 2nd at about 50 and just launched. The truck came down nose first into a whoop and did a number on the passenger side front fender and "tweaked" a few other things. Dan and Mark were both AOK - Dan pulled off after the jump just as a precaution because Mark (co-driver) tweaked his back and had to make sure he was AOK. That little Toyota flew higher and farther than any other race vehicle... the black Ranger (ex-Vance ranger) got LAUNCHED by Captain Chris and bounced once on re-entry and then powered away like nothing even happened - really badass. Greg was out in his Ranger launching the thing and it too sucked it up without any problems. I've seen a bunch of video and can honestly say there is about 3-4 minutes of really awesome stuff - plenty of highlights. Tony of Y-Not was out there with an in-cab system that caught the Vance wall jump - that's a sight. I'm sure Fish will have his stuff up pretty soon - make sure to check it out, it won't disappoint.

Major props to JC Andrews for finishing the race. The truck was puking transmission fluid and with determination and about 50 quarts of oil they finished 4th - just under the time limit too. That team gets the true grit award for sure. Note to self: Transmissions can run on motor oil, gear oil, brake fluid, powersteering fluid, and has been proven by the JC Andrews crew to work even under race conditions.

Good race - saw a bunch of people and everyone I saw seemed to be having a good time. The only pisser was the lack of a pisser at contingency... no porta-potties in sight so everyone was forced to either hold it or find a bush... what's with that?

Aloha

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Just walked in the door.

First of all Thanks to Dennis for the ride of the first 2 laps in the 11 car! I had a blast and its not even as rough as everyone was telling me.

Next, Dan Vance, HOLY $&#@#@ that has to be the record for the highest jump off of the wall! Yes I had my friend Ryan filming and yes I have it and it will be up tomorrow morning. Also Chris hit it pretty big in Dan's old truck.

Next, JC, oh man we finished with like 5 min to spare, when I came in on the 2nd lap in the 11 car I was told to run to NAPA and get 4 cases of transmission fluid for JC's truck, when we came back they had a funnel rigged up with coors light boxes holding it up going down to the transmission dipstick on the co-driver's side so the co-driver could keep dumping fluid into the transmission, we were leaking about 3 quarts every 5 miles or so. After asking just about everyone at main pit and all the other pits we went to we got enough fluid to finish! We used everything from transmission Fluid, Motor Oil, Brake Fluid, and 2 cycle oil! Overall we used about 125 quarts to make it! JC came FLYING in to the finish with a tire shreaded to bits and less than 5 min to spare of main closing!
What a race!

Also I want to thank Kurt for letting me drive his High Jumper buggy around, man is that thing nice! What whoops?

This was the funnest race I have been to so far, and the videos will be up tomorrow!

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Reaction
All I can say is that I dumped 28 fuc$ing quarts of everything you can think of in the damn transmission on lap 4. Then on lap 5 I think we upped that to the mid 30's. I could have easily wrung a quart of some very greasy mixture outta my race suit!!! THANKS A TON to the guy who hopped in for that 6th lap, there was no way I could've stayed in there. My legs were burning, I couldn't see crap and every drink of water I took tasted like oil. THANKS TO EVERYONE that donated oil (of all kinds), ran for parts, pushed (did anyone mention we lost 1st and reverse?) All I can say is that this prep is going to SUCK!!!!! Good thing I'm getting paid the big bucks!!! See you Thursday night JC.

Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

desertracer

Reaction
Does anybody know whose helicopter was out there? We started second and then passed for the lead at around mile 12 and I think the helicopter was following our car and when our driver flipped the car at mile 18. I wanted to see if the helicopter got any video footage of it. After the flip we managed to go two more laps and then we decided to call it a day when we were losing transmission fluid and alternator belts every few miles. Other than that it was a great race. Congrats to car #117 for the win..

MDR #112

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
And here is a picture of that Yellow truck.

I also got a BUNCH of video on Austins camera of stuff after lap 1. Including that guy on his 3 wheeler who thought he was superman and ended up landing on his ass lol.

Also congrats to JC for finishing the race.

Attachments

SuperDave

Reaction
Here's another pic of 769 just yards before roadcrossing #2. The spindle broke and sent the front tire and axle shaft flying.

I think the helicoptor was with Whit Courtenay #1001.

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Wow cool picture Dave! Thats a shot of a lifetime!

Yes the helicopter was with Whit Courtenay #1001, he flyes in from down south (Lousiana?) for every race!

Go Big Or Go Home

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Klaus-

The yellow truck at the Kartek race is the NEW TT from my friends at G&R Off-Road Racing, Inc., out of Glendora, CA.

They were using the race as a shakedown, before they compete full-time in BITD.

Drivers Brian Graves and Patrick Rosier have been developing the truck for the past couple of years. Originally a Bill Savage-designed "Baja Truck," the chassis is basically a twin to the Enduro Racing TT. Recent rear suspension development has been done at Barry Beacham's Race Prep Services (RPS) shop in Tuistin, CA.

G&R Off-Road Racing has a unique partnership with City Of Hope Cancer Center. With their "Drive To Save Lives" effort, they will be working to increase awareness to the great work performed by City Of Hope.

In addition to City Of Hope Cancer Center, other partners include Goodyear, and Kawaguchi Honda of Los Angeles.

Tony Barraza Designworks was proud to develop the teams' logo, which will be featured in all of their promotional materials, communications, and team apparel.

We wish them great success on and off the track!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Do you know what the problem that had was? They were broke and we passed them and then they came flying back by us in the Rubicon.

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here are just a few of the many clips from yesterday:
The exposure on the camera was jacked up so they are kinda light I will work on darkening them later.

Dan Going HUGE!
http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/kartek02/chris.wmv

Dennis And Me First Lap:
http://www.pencilart.com/photo/vids/kartek02/airranger.wmv

I will have many many more up later tonight or tomorrow.

Go Big Or Go Home

dave

Reaction
The yellow TT stopped by us @ around mile marker 6 with a front right
flat we helped change it and they took off Other then a flat the truck looked and sounded great.It was a great race and the weather was outstanding .

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok I have some pics from the wall up Thanks to Jason (Havahockey).

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/kartekpic1.htm>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/kartekpic1.htm</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here is JC Andrews Truck after finishing!

Video of The Truck
http://www.pencilart.com/photo/shacklebolt.jpg

The Famous Funnel System, this is the airblock so the co-driver can pour while driving!
http://www.pencilart.com/photo/funnel.jpg

The Funnel Going Through The Floor
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/feederline.jpg>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/feederline.jpg</A>

One hell of a finish!!

Go Big Or Go Home

frankh

Reaction
Sorry to hear about the endo, That same spot got our 5 car last year on the first lap too. We had three cars and they all made it to the finish line. 117 was the only one that did not have any problems. 507 and 1477 both had problems but we were able to keep them moving.

Brad M is still waiting for all the beer that was promised to him from people he pulled up the sand hill.

Thanks to all the pit people who help us make it to the finish line

Frank
N2S Racing/ Motion Tire Motorsprots

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Thanks to the Hines for having there truck to help all of us .We owe him a beer for the help .Thanks Dennis

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
Sorry to hear you day did not go well #112. We had a few problems ourselves. We lost our Power steering on lap 4, lost oil pressure (bad sender ??) on lap 5 and overheater on the last lap.

Anyway, the helecopter was with us - #1001. He is a friend of a friend and I believe all the pictures he took were of us, but I will check with him to make sure.

Congrats to all the winners and finishers......

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

ntsqd

Reaction
Learned something about Mechanix Gloves swapping out Caroline's broken brake hose. What ever they are made out doesn't like brake fluid. My hand's still got the dye in it and the nearly used up gloves are now done. Where they got fluid on them they are, best put, coming unraveled. It WAS fun though.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Status
Not open for further replies.