MDR Kartek 400?

tkr

Reaction
Anyone know why Kartek isn't sponsoring the MDR 400 this year? It looks like they've got some deal with SNORE instead. What's the scoop?

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

shrek

Reaction
Well the rumor around the campfire is that Kartek went to Patricia @MDR and told her that they wanted more of their Race Sponsor money to go back to the racers instead of going into her pocket. She refused and they took their valuble sponsor money elsewhere.

But this is only a rumor, so if anyone has any other information to confirm or deny this, speak up!!!

Value your right to say whatever you want...........because there are some that can't.

Vessels

Troublemaker
Reaction
MDR doesnt run pro-1600 races

DesertCreations

Reaction
With hearing stuff like this "and I heard the same thing" Why the hell does everybody stick with MDR? I have been racing MDR for about 5 years but when I started it was cause I was friends with Paul and he actually gave a crap about the racers and what they wanted. But now that Patricia runs the show it's all about the money and catering to the classes that whine the most. On another not why not race MORE? 10 cars in class=2000 for 1st. and 900 for 2nd. I don't know if MORE is the answer but I just hear more and more people say their sick of no payback and lousey service by the people that run the joint.

Tomack

Reaction
You Know I know Jim at MORE and he has always stuck to his word. He also does cool things after the race to like have BBQ's all the time. We had problems and he alsways offered to help us out with parts or help building motors, he want to race and he doesnt care about the money. Hes an old school racers that knows what we all like. I think if everybody would race his races that you all would have fun. Personaly MDR sucks!!!!!!! That is just what I think.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Sounds like ''Pattie'' is heading down the same route ''Eddie'' did ....Baaa byeee

Start drinking till you see double and act single

tkr

Reaction
Was it a money issure also that kept us from having a "Weatherman" at the last MDR race?

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
we`ve been racing the MORE races since December and it`s been alot of fun.for those of you not going to Mexico on the 31st.of May come on out and see what you think.Next race has a $1000.00 bonus for overall.

shrek

Reaction
Ya' know, I have no idea why we still race MDR??? It is just where we have always run. MDR has done nothing to support us and in fact they have killed our class so we may have to change classes or move to another organization. And if we ever need to protest or have a legitimate problem we might as well beat our heads against the mojave desert than talk to Patricia. I might just have to look into more.............what truck classes do they have????????

Now it disgusts me to even go to an MDR race after racing BITD and SCORE. MDR is so unorganized and it just makes them look worse when I go race in BITD(Casey is a class act) with another team.

M ismanaged
D esert
R acing

Value your right to say whatever you want...........because there are some that can't.

drtdevil93

Reaction
not to upset anyone, but i have been happy with MDR. i havent had a reason to protest yet, so i cant say anything about how MDR handles that. 1450 class doesnt have paybacks, just trophies, so i cant complain about not enough payback. entry fee is 200 bucks, very affordable for me. i dont know how other organizations run their races, or what they cost, but MDR makes it easy for me to race. i also like how its all kind of mellow, more like people having fun. once again, not telling anyone they are wrong, or their opinions are outrageous, just letting others know that there are also a lot of happy MDR racers out there.

erik

tkr

Reaction
Wow, I never meant this post to bring out anything negative toward MDR. We've been racing in MDR for about three years now, and I don't think I've ever had a complaint. The entry fees are low. They seem relatively organized to me...I've heard a lot of stories about how disorganized SCORE races can be. And best of all they're right in our backyard. But then again I've never raced another series so I have nothing to compare it to.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

shrek

Reaction
That was my biggest mistake............racing somewhere other than MDR....I was racing with another team at BITD. That really opened my eyes. I used to not know any better................

Tyson

Reaction
What has MDR done to kill your class ?? I'm sure the first time you break your truck in one of Caseys races you will be thanking him the whole walk out of the dez .

I heard what happened between MDR and Kartek was that Kartek wanted MDR to put up extra money for the pro 1600 class to race an MDR race . When Patricia said no then I believe they got a little sour with each other .

Remember that racing is a business for a promoter . I don't think that MDR is doing anything bad for any racers . If you look at the entry list for any of their races you will clearly see this is true . I feel that getting rid of the cry babies will only make MDR better , so go and race somewhere else if you want to . I for one won't miss you a bit . Maybe all of you can make a new racing series where you only charge the racers 25 bucks and pay back all of your own money to the winners until you're broke . Then at least maybe you would just go away and not cry anymore .

I didn't post this on my name because I am on Tysons computer but my name is on the end of this post so there is no confusion .

Dan Vance

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

desertracer

Reaction
We have been racing mdr for about 5 season's now and have yet to have a complaint. Sure they do not always do things the most orderly way or the most professional, but they do put on races. Without a series such as them I don't know if we would be racing. One key aspect for mdr is you get what you pay for. What can you expect when you only pay 400 as an entry fee and all the people are volunteers. They do a very good job for what they have to work with. In the other bigger series you pay an entry fee that is a more than double so you can expect a bit more for your money. My view on the payback issue is if you are that concerned about receiving money back for desert racing maybe you should choose a different sport. The only way you can come close to breaking even is by running one of the pro classes. After we did well in a few races last season the payback was enough to pay the gas bill of the race car and tow out for the weekend. We have no problems with that amount of payback. As far as the competition in mdr, I could not be more happy with who we have raced against in class 1 and 10. By no means has any race been easy. I think we need to be thankful that somebody provides us with a safe and organized way for us to do the hobby we all love.

MDR Class 1

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
I am happy with M D R. I have been racing with them for 6 years .Yes there are things they can change and they have changed alot of them to help us racers.Lets see the whos whos of racing was at parker.That was going to be the biggest race in history .not. Every race pramoter has problems . Ha Bill what happend to the clean up.Race where you can afford or where you are happy.I like M D R and i am happy Thanks Dennis

Race junky

drtdevil93

Reaction
i want to state that if dan vance is for MDR, i change my mind, and am now against it.

LOL

erik

shrek

Reaction
Boy, is this going to open a can of worms....................

MDR killed the Stock Mini Class by having the two Sportsman Classes. I believe that the 1400 class is a good idea, obviously by the turn out. But by having that it, Stock Mini is no longer where you "start" in a truck, so there are not that many entrys.

I dont have any problem with the entry fees for MDR, I think they are reasonable. I also agree that it is a buisness that has to have a profit to continue like any other.

Casey has a no course chasing policy to help run a safer race. The no on course chasing is good to level the playing field also and to keep chasing costs down, therefore letting you spend more money on your race truck or other expenses. It is a different way to dez-race but I think it is a very good idea and it is obviously working.

Don't worry Dan, I won't miss you either. But thanks again for bringing me that head gasket several races back, anyway!!!

WFODAN

Reaction
Well I don't think inventing new classes killed stock mini . I think the class kind of wore out it's own welcome in MDR . If you look at the facts you can build a truck that will go alot faster and ride smoother for less money then it takes to stay within the rules of stock mini . Not to mention the prep costs to keep the truck going race after race . In no way am I bashing the class , I just like to go a little faster , and not totally destroy the truck in the process . I believe that Patricia was listening very well to the racers when she started the prerunner class . For the last few years it has been one of the biggest classes for each race . As for stock mini ........... if you have any ideas of how to make the class bigger or better , give her a call . She has always been willing to talk to me whenever I call and she is always very receptive to any new ideas . She was asking me about any ideas for putting on something like a mini metal bash type race this season . 7s is another huge class in MDR . I think it will go over well for all the racers if she can pull it off , but without the input of the racers , she has no direction to go . In short ............ give her your ideas and see where it goes . If you don't want to do that , then don't , but don't complain when nothing get accomplished .

As for the head gaskets ........... Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I won't help you or any racer for that matter if you need it . If we don't stick by one another , we are all lost .

ps Erik ........... don't agree with me just prep my springs !!!!!!!!! LOL !!

Dan Vance

snoreracer

Reaction
No chasing has really started to cost more at bitd races. There are now teams that have a 2nd entry that follows them around the race with parts. this has happened with 4 or 5 teams. Is it an advantage, yes it is. Casey has said that their is nothing that he can do they are not breaking any rules. but he did suggest that our team enter a 2nd car to follow the race car. I guess that's one way to get more cars. The way I look at it its like having an unfair advantage.