MDR LUCERNE RACE

Protech975

Reaction
Cory
Hope you get more competition! I truly think that the 9 car drivers have all moved to MORE and SNORE, 7- <font color="blue"> </font color> 9 cars started the MORE race last Sat. and I know there will be 15+ at the SNORE race next month. Hope to see you at the next MORE race in Nov. RS

TimHayosh

Reaction
Rob (and everyone), do you think there is some definitive reason that all the 9s went to MORE? I am familiar with SNORE; that's a great program. But why MORE? Is the payback better? Is the Organizer more organized? What's the deal?

Protech975

Reaction
Re: MDR LUCERNE RACE/Move to MORE

Tim
Nice to hear from you! I don't know of all the reasons why most class 9 teams have moved to MORE, I do know MDR has had some major organizational problems this year and many other drivers from other classes have left as well. As for MORE and Jim Clements the promotor, he was a 9 car racer for many years and is always there to help teams out in any way he can! The payback at MORE is the best in racing today anywhere... Jim also adds bonus money to a specific class at each race so the payback for 8 to 10 cars is better than if you had won an MDR race with 20 cars. That is why the "PRO-1600" group chose to run 2 of Jim's races this year! <font color="blue"> </font color> He is not just out to make a quick buck and ignore the racers concerns! He is truly a racer at heart and is very down to earth and approachable, puts on a great race and follows through with any problems that may arise.
Tim what are your current racing plans? have not heard what you have been up too recently? L8r Rob S.

TimHayosh

Reaction

Rob, I built a JeepSpeed Cherokee this summer. This Saturdays' MDR race will be the 'official' debut.

Here's a picture from our shake-down run...

(Speaking of payback...The payback with JeepSpeed is 3x-5x what a 9 car can earn.)

sincitysump

Reaction

Tim, I am thinking about trying the JeepSpeed deal. Did you or are you planing to do a step by step with photos of your Jeepspeed build up like you did with your class nine car? What is the between race prep. and maintance on a Jeepspeed?

Protech975

Reaction

A Jeep!!! OH NOOOooOOO! "JEEP and SPEED" now thats a Oxymoron! lol...just kidding. Nice to see you still out there racing! If I can make it to the MDR race I'll stop by and say hello. I'll have my caiera gear with me if I do so lets see some 'Big Air" <b/> Rob S.

TimHayosh

Reaction

Rob, it would be great to finally meet you!

Jim, I can't say exactly what the race-to-race maintenance costs are yet. But, it seems less than class 9. The engine is 98% stock, so you can't screw it up too much. I expect to change filters and fluids after every race, plus U-joints every other, etc. Suspension bushings don't look overly durable, but should last a race or two. Also, I'll not be doing the step-by-step thing like I did with the class 9. I thought about it before I began construction, and decided it would take too much time. I have a 'before' photo, and that's about it. May 5, this was a grocery getter with 118,000 miles. The cost was a little more than a really good 9 car, and a lot less than a really good 1600 car. I did all the work myself to save $$$. These engines can go 2 or more seasons without having to be rebuilt (I'm guessing).

I can say that the speeds are faster (at least for me). Power steering!

The payback is SERIOUSLY better than any other limited class. It helps to have various manufacturers throwin' dough in the kitty.

I don't want to use this forum to discourage others from class 9! I still get the urge to have a sore neck and arms!

I would be happy to discuss this in another forum or via email.

So far, so good.