MDR night race update

Baja peso

Reaction
Trophy truck #7 out on lap 4 with blown transmission. #35 TT lost light bar 1 mile from start but was haulin the mail until dark. McMillin C1 car down one lap. McCallum appears to be leading on last lap.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
who is number 7 and 35???

Baja peso

Reaction
Shawn & Larry McCallum 1st OA. Rob Pierce #35 running 2nd still on the road. Class 10 car in 3rd position. ( last lap)

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
#7 Stienberger TT driven by Jimmy Nuckles and Larry Hawkins (spelling?) #35 Rob Pierce/Mastercraft.
The McMillins make regular appearances out there, but it's good to see some other big name trucks at an MDR race!

How is Dan doing? Is he in the Class 1 or the 16 car?....

Baja peso

Reaction
The McMillins make regular appearances out there, but it's good to see some other big name trucks at an MDR race!

How is Dan doing? Is he in the Class 1 or the 16 car?....
I asked that question and got no answer. McMillin C1 car just finished 2nd OA. (10:56pm)

Baja peso

Reaction
Dan McMillin Climbed out of 2nd OA car. #35 TT MIA on last lap. Only 2 cars have finished as of 11:09 pm. Kyle Bryan leading class 8 over Benny Canela.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
WOW....just couldn't get enough racing huh? Steinberger's TT a week later, Pierce and Canela racing a week later as well....I guess Beny Canela is finishing testing his newly rebuilt truck.....rebuilt by Nacho Terriquez for the 500.....

djhspawn

Reaction
Ohh yea Not to mention it was a dust bowl!!!
for sure.... I was shooting video at one of the most northern points, and combined with the dust and the winds early on in the race it looks like it was a race on mars. I cant wait to show the footage.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
still unofficial until MDR gets the IRC tracking analysis back....*crossing fingers*;)
haha easy maverick as long as u didnt buzz the MDR scoreing trailer i think u'll b all good!!!!
who rode with u GOOSE or MERLIN???

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
I drove all 8 laps in 1608, the first 3 laps we had an awesome battle with Kevin Walsh and after he broke a torsion, I think, we had a 10 min. lead over the field on lap 4 and then motor cut out on lap 5 and after a few mins later, stopped in the wash, we figured it out, we switched the coils and off we went, still up front by about 5 mins over Meyers and Files and everyone else back there. Finally after 7 brutal laps, 1 more to go and we got a flat, changed the flat, stopped at the next pit to get a new spare and we sprinted for the finish line, we were the first 1600 car to the finish but we had a timer going as soon as I finished and Meyer beat us by 22 seconds! We still pulled off a 2nd place finish with the down time, congrats to 1631, Meyers for driving a good, consistent race, can't wait for the next one! And for anyone who thinks I am crazy to do all 8 laps on a BRUTAL course, I don't regret doing it, it was a blast! Thanks to MDR, they put on an EXCELLENT race, all the check points were well ran, and lit up by huge lights, thanks to Hawthorne for those. There were rovers everywhere and they were on top of everything, after my dad had lapped me in the 1 car he was bout 5 mins ahead of me and warned me about stuck cars in the wash, by the time I got there, the rovers and other people had already been there and directed us around it and cleared it out quickly, great job! The turn out was great, by the time race day had come more and more people I talked to entered last minute and there were tons of racers! I am not sure about the car count of starters but I would guess anywhere between 60-70! See everyone out at the next MDR race!