MDR pictures

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Reaction
All the wild wash pictures are up just click on pictures.
Lost some pictures due to CHP confiscating my media card after taking pictures of that accedent on the i 15. O well

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
How are they alloud to take it??

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

dezdude

Reaction
I don't think they were but I didn't have a CHP media pass. He said it was evidence from a scene of an accident. I should know more tomorrow I talked to the CHP sergeant today he said he would look in to it and call me back. Either way it is too late to use them for news now.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Gotta love em.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
definitely look more into it. It also depends how he took it from you. My friends were filming for a video doing crazy stuff on their sport bikes (some of it was on Crusty 8, all those sport bike guys are up by me....) and one time a cop showed up and demanded the tape. The guy with the camera put the tape in his backpack when the cop was driving up and I guess the cop grabbed it and pulled it out when the guy didn't have the tape in the camera. From what they said or found out is that was illegal for him to do.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
im not exactly sure where to find and/or confirm this, but there is something that goes along with the freedom of press. For example, If you're a freelance photographer, then the cop was not allowing you to do your job, etc.
Like I said, im not sure where to find this info right now, but I'll ask my photo instructor tomorrow.

dezdude

Reaction
Talked with a sergeant from the CHP today. He said it is illegal for them to take my media card-film or whatever. He does' know why he the officer took it & he has been off duty since the accident. But he e-mail documents showing the officer that it is illegal to take anything from a freelance photographer even without a media pass. The pass will just get you behind caution tape and keep you from getting a ticket for stopping on the highway.

dezdude

Reaction
O and the media card is in a evidence locker bagged and numbered. So it doesn't look like I will get it any time soon.

martininsocal

Reaction
Dezdude- it is actually good that the card is in evidence. If you choose to push the issue, you have protected the issue of whether you had a media card and proof that the cop took it without due cause or proper paperwork. I believe private property like this cannot be taken without approval and then it is only a loan. Regardless of whether you are media or not, filming anything like an accident is protected activity and is not illegal to do. You have every right to film, use the film for personal use and sell the film for news reporting, etc... I believe when this shakes down, you will get your film back and an apology, I just hope you don't live near that cops beat...

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

dezdude

Reaction
Nope don't live any wear near his area. The sergeant I talked with today seemed awfully helpful and apologetic. A complete flip from his attitude from yesterday. I am pretty sure I will get it back but unfortunately it is too late for news now.

drtdevil93

Reaction
hell ya, push the issue, file a complaint too. i just busted a santa ana cop for giving me a ticket i didnt deserve. the guy was a complete dick, i told him if he gave me the ticket id get it thrown out and make him look bad. i always show cops a ton of respect, but if they cross the line, you need to show them they arent above the law. his peers are gonna be pissed at him as well, since santa ana police wont get the sweet deals we used to give them, and ill tell them who messed that up. i warned him.

erik

gazette9

Reaction
So sue 'em! I'd guess that's why the sergeant would be playing so kissy-face. I've been shooting a documentary video on my local fire department for a couple of years now, learned the law (in Arizona), and faced off cops who yelled "No pictures!". If you're not interfering with the performance of their emergency duties in some way, they have no right to bother you. And to hell with seizing your property as "evidence" - let 'em buy a camera or hire you as their photographer, if they need that for evidence. Learn 'em the law. They of all people should know it.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Where's Ponch and Baker on this one? Gotta love cops but still undecided on the CHP and this is more bad news against them!!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>