MDR - Post Race Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Good times...

Here are some teaser pix... We spend all day at the Lucerne Zoo Road.. I mean the Wall. We should have the rest of the pictures up within the next 7 days or so.

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

mattrick8888

Reaction
i am bummed i couldnt make it, i cant wait for the night race and ill make it to that one for sure.

Bonzen

Reaction
Thats Ian goin bigger than all the race trucks....what a joke! Total damage was just a bent inner rim lip and a cracked steering heim.

If you didnt make it to this one you missed out..some good carnage at the wall and as always good times hanging with everyone from RDC and the rest of the desert dwellers. I'm hoping 1459 finished after 3 hours of burning in the desert sun with broken whel studs and blown up shocks.....let us know Dan or Fish...Philly Styool!!!

-Ryan

SpeedRacer

Reaction
"Thats Ian goin bigger than all the race trucks....what a joke! Total damage was just a bent inner rim lip and a cracked steering heim. "

Why would a racer want to expose his truck to avoidable damage?

ESB4130

Reaction
a racer would not. but a spectator with a rad truck would.

broken wheel studs really really suck. dan...you need a 9" rear axle buddy.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well just got in the door. What a weekend. LONG WEEKEND! Heres the rundown:

#1459 off the line with Dan driving and Michelle co-driver.
Mile 2: Shock Resivior blows up literally. So strip the shocks off the Piece and haul ass to Pit A (thanks Havahockey Jason for the ride) to change out the shocks.
Get the shocks changed thanks to Matt, Scott, Pat, Gregg, Andy and all those guys at pit A. An hour later Dan takes off again and right after CK3 all the right rear wheel studs sheer off....tire rolls about a mile away. Backing plate was bent and had to have serious repair and an hour later they took off again.
Made it about 5 miles and they sheer off again and this time totally destroy the backing plate and rotor.
Dan calls into Main and me and Corey take off to Apple Valley by the I-15 to goto a junk yard for a axle and rotor and all that stuff. 1 1/2 hours later we make it back and we change it out. Michelle hops out and I hop in for the rest of lap one. We finish lap one in a blistering fast time of 6:30!!
Dan hops out and I get in the driver seat with Gregg co driving. We finish lap 2 in 1:40 just crusing.
Gregg hops out and Walt gets in as co-driver with me for Lap 3 and we just cruised around in 1:45 to the finish.

We got 6th which is better than a DNF anyday! And no one can say we ever give up thats for sure!

Big congrats to Frank Hines and Dennis for the overall in #111!! And to Carolyn Hines for the class victory in the prerunner class!

Thanks again to the WHOLE DNF racing crew we could not do any of this without all your guys help! Special thanks to Nicole and Matt from Total Chaos for helping all day and sticking around till we past the last checkpoint on our last lap!

dezertchick

Reaction
That truck or any non race related vehicle has no business being on the race course during a race. There are other events that a person can show off their truck. Not cool. It needs to stop during a race.

When our race car enters a Lucerne event, will myself or someone on our team have to park at The Wall in order to notify the driver of someone showing off? We should't have to do that but we will.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
There were MDR officials at the wall and Twillis and those guys did a great job. This was the only truck all day and it was promptly told to stay off the course, It came from over the hill so not like he just turned on the course next to the wall and jumped. No race cars were around and no one else attempted to make a run at it. (an xr50 or two maybe). I think it was the safetest I have ever seen the wall in all the years I have been attending. Great job MDR.

redline

Reaction
congrats la fortune and Dnf good to hear your guys are finishing no matter what. wish i could have been there

drtdevil93

Reaction
what happened to lacari's dodge ram? i didnt see him at all, except for a short part in motoxscott's video.

erik

TMR_LaFortune

Reaction
TMR racing 1455 would like to thank the 5-1600 car that went out of his way to get me to pull over and let me know my truck was on fire. I really appreciate it and if anyone who knows who this was if you would please e-mail me at prerunace@aol.com so I can get in contact with them to replace the extra fire extingusher that was needed to put the flames out. If the fire had gone on much longer the truck might of had some serious damage or completly lost. Another big thanks to Dan of Duffco for driving a lap for me and an unbeatable tuning of the truck. Thanks also to Dean for all the help of prepping the truck and all the hard work. With losing 2 and 3 gear and finishing the last 20 miles with only 1st and 4th I would have to say it was a good race. Thanks also to everyone else to came out and helped.

Jason LaFortune

Tom_Willis

Reaction
That one truck got by me, and his penalty for the jump was a wheel and tire. I threw rocks at the rest of them, because there were waay too many witnesses to open fire.

artman

Reaction
Thanks to all the beer drinkers at The Wall. I got $15 in aluminum cans. Plus I was able to leave the Dez alittle cleaner. The action out there was preaty good.

Bonzen

Reaction
Yeah...realistically, any vehicle that isnt racing should not be on the course....but spectators and chase trucks are always on the course at all times. It's a big course and just think if he was the only truck that jumped the wall, how many other trucks do you think were running the course for the other 65 miles of the race? You should probably say something to them too because they are all just as guilty. Honestly I think I would be alot more worried about a class one coming up and punting me at 80 then someone hitting the wall when no other race vehicles were around....
As for Ian, he is one of the better drivers I have ever known, and without a doubt his truck is built as good or better than 95% of all the other race trucks out there. I dont know why he doesnt race it, probably because it's his only vehicle, but if he did it would give anyone a run for their money. Besides, there are three pictures of him jumping on this post....so at least someone else thinks it was cool......
And not to keep up the argument or anything but everyone there cheered when he hit the wall and it was just about the most entertaining thing of the whole day. The officials did come over to him after and told him not to do it again, they did their job out there and like John said it was the safest I have ever seen the wall.

-Ryan

Jordan

Reaction
I agree with you on this one. I dont think that you should be on the course unless you are racing or with a team chasing for them. Keep your LOOK AT ME IM COOL [daddy didnt love me] until the race ends or simply enough its the desert just go off somewhere else. What a novel concept!

DG_BTI

Reaction
this is a tough one, there was alot of time between cars and it was very entertaining, awesome actualy, but spectators really shoud stay off. even though it was fun to watch, I would say we should stay off just in case something did happen, even though it didnt. I will say it's tempting to bonzi down the coarse, I would had loved to hit the wall, but I felt it probley wasnt the best idea, so I went out in the open area to get it out of my system.

Jordan

Reaction
You made some good points like "just in case" because you never know what might happen. Your friend jumps his truck and guess what he breaks and you cant move it in time and here come the racetrucks...follow me?

sweetdevil

Reaction
It's not only that, but you have to think of the typical california problem... Lawsuits
Say someone jumps their truck and hits a spectator or media person. You're not only putting yourself at risk for legal issues, but MDR. I really enjoy being able to go to the Desert and watch races and don't need anyone taking that away from us, no matter how awesome his should-be-race-truck is...

Status
Not open for further replies.