MDR - Post Race Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacnCPA

Reaction
I'm glad some of you understand the underlying problem here, but the rest of you are so full of bull I'm sickened. I can't believe that you care so little about desert racing in the future that you are willing to sacrafice it for a moment of glory. Keep the jumping to IP events and short course racing. Quit screwing with the serious desert racers.

Or continue to feed the opposition (to open deserts) with all of this irresponsible behavior, the CHOICE is yours.

Bonzen

Reaction
Yeah we all know it was wrong but it's over and it was a sic jump by a sic truck and it was safe at the time so lets move on.

-Ryan

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
One thing I have to say is that at least Ian made sure no cars were coming...

On my 3rd lap I was coming down the hill to the road crossing at Bessimer Mine RD and at the bottom of the hill you go right and go across the lake bed, well there was a red ranger coming from the left going to go across the lake bed. Luckly there was noone in front of me so there was no dust and I was able to see him. But he just kept going and never looked to see if anyone was coming on the track!
He hoped onto the track right in front of us and was going fairly slow, I came right up next to him at full speed and then made the right hand corner giving him a good roost and I am sure it scared the I failed spelling out of him. Its people like that I have problem with! He had dump cans in the back and probley was a chase truck and anyone chasing should know better than that!

If you are going to go on the course for any reason please check and make sure there are no cars coming even if its at the end of the day!

Bonzen

Reaction
Whatever dude. Last year like 10 spectator trucks were hittin the wall and no one said anything about it. I'm sure you have never done anything stupid....Lets just let it go alright? It's over with.

-Ryan

RacnCPA

Reaction
Ok DUDE, like last year I had a long talk with Patricia about it DUDE and like it was not cool DUDE. You have no clue what you are talking about DUDE. You obviuosly are too young to know what we have already lost DUDE. OK, DUDE I'm done, I give MAN, its OVER DUDE. Adios.

shrek

Reaction
Every year we have the same discussion and the same problems. It souds like it was way better this year from last, probably thanks to Tom Willis. It is just a matter of time before someone does the same thing and gets someone hurt and we cannot race the wall or worse Lucerne at all anymore.

Thanks to everyone who did not take their vehicles out on the wall during the race, I appreciate it. Jen and Greg put on plenty of great events to show our trucks out on!!

But I guess it makes it ok because it was a sic jump by a sic truck and it was done safely even though he damages his truck doing it............

frankh

Reaction
There was a big post about this last year. Look it up. also if it was no big deal way do you think mdr had people there this year. Just keep it up and it will be closed off just like hodge road jump.

Stay off the course.............

I don't know why the wall is such a big spot, Most of the real racers don't hit it. they what to finish the race. If you want to see what real racers cars do check them out at mile 12 to 30, there are 100 mile per hour parts though 2-3 foot whoops and jump with major air time. Instead you all line up at a spot that will most likely hurt or roll you and tried to get them to do it.

On a second note who ever it was at mile 20-24 that built a trap is a a@@ hole. if we were not in the hunt I would have hit his truck on the next lap.

Frank

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya big thanks to Tom Willis for sitting out there ALL DAY long! I came by on the last lap and there he was the only person still there and giving a big thumbs up!

frankh

Reaction
Ok, where to start.

First off, thanks for all the congrat’s. We all do this for fun and it is always fun, win or lose, but winning is definitely more fun.

1477 - Carolyn driving and Mark Harber riding, all three laps.
After tech Carolyn wanted to know why at the last three races the engine had a problem turning over 4 grand. After a few hours working on the carburetor we got that problem fixed and she was now free to rev the motor to the moon. Race day she had no problems and only stopped each lap for fuel. Not a single flat (Thanks BFG). She had a great time and raced with a bunch of great racers. It was nice that the other racers came over to the pits after the race to congratulate her. Finished 1st with an 11 minute lead.

Thanks to Donahoe Racing, Fox Shocks, BFI Racing, Joe Sellars and Gary Curtis

111 - Dennis and I driving, Dale and Richard as co-pilots.
It was a lot of work putting the car back together after ripping the right rear trailing-arm off at Ridgecrest. Thanks to King, Lothringer, Curtis Welding and Joe Sellars for the work.

Dale and I started the race third off the line and the goal was to stay in front of Rockenbach and drive a pace that would get the car to Dennis in good shape. We caught the Outlaw car at around mile 7-8 where we hit the big v-out at speeds and killed the engine. We got it started and chased him down again at around mile 10-11 in a straight away with two grooves and raced down the hill side-by-side. We got around him at the bottom of the hill, but by then the 199 car had checked out. We stayed to the plan and drove at a safe pace. The key for us was not to get flats, haul a$$ in the open stuff and get through the rocky parts. We finished lap 1 in 2nd place. Stopped at main, got fuel and replaced the drivers side front limit strap. Went out on the second lap with the same plan. Started to pass some lap traffic and we knew that this was good: the 199 car had to pass the same cars we did and no longer had clean air. We realized that the car could make it two laps with out fuel so we pitted, refueled and Dennis got in to drive. The power steering started to get stiff on lap 3 and at the end of the lap it was a work out to steer it. On lap 4, around Pit B we were able to get around the 199 car. Start of lap 5 we pitted, added three dumps of fuel, Dale got out and Richard got in. Dennis basically went on cruise control for the last two laps. We had no flats the entire race and finished 1st in class 1 with an 18 min lead over the next class 1 and 15 min lead for O/A

Thanks to Lothringer, King, Rancho Transmissions, BFG Tires, BFI Racing, Joe Sellars (prep) and Gary Curtis (Killer engine and fabrication)

We had a great time.

On a sad note. When we returned Sunday afternoon we got the word that Joe Sellars dad had passed away Sunday morning. We were saddened with the news and N2S Racing and Motion Tire would like to express our condolences.

Frank

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Frank that is very sad news indeed. Please give Joe my condolences on part of the whole DNF racing team. And let us know if we can do anything.....

Bonzen

Reaction
Yeah I'm young but it's obvious that you are the immature one here who has to start name calling. Let it go. It wasnt me..I didnt jump anything..I was just there watching thinking it looked cool LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.....so go be bitter and pissed and call me names and keep an argument going that didnt need to keep going. I was just sticking up for my friend who did something kinda stupid but nothing bad came of it so send me to hell I guess. Klaus put the pictures of the jump up, so why dont you go yell at him.....

-Ryan

schafer

Reaction
Hate to say it, but Carolyn and everyone else here who think jumping durring the race was a stupid move IS right. Spectators/Chasers and anybody else there doesnt need to be playing directly on the course just to go big or be cool, do that on your own time not when others are relying on that path to be clear. I could understand had it been friday or something and he was playing around, but durring the race and not knowing what could be over the hill is just plain stupidity.

tkr

Reaction
I'm still wondering the same thing as last year. Why don't you guys get all your buddies together and go out there on a weekend when no race is going on? That way you can have your fun and not piss anyone off? I understand you guys are just out there having fun doing something that you love to do, but your risking OUR racing future by doing so!

Bonzen

Reaction
Everyone.....have I denied that it was stupid..NO. I know it was not the smartest thing to do. It's very obvious. All I am saying is that it's over with and noting bad happened. It was a crowd pleaser stunt at a safe time in a safe truck that was built to handle it. It should not be attemped again. But like I said, I didnt do it, I had no part in it and I was kinda freaked when I saw him coming over the ridge like a half mile away...anything bad can happen, with his truck or any of the other 50 or so race vehicles that raced including the one kid who flipped his car and the wall and almost took out a bunch of people..but he was racing so it was Ok..by the way we are all glad you are Ok kid wherever you are. So for one last time, it was not the right thing to do, but I had nothing to do with it and I never would do that in my truck during a race because it is dangerous so everyone please lets move on with our lives..peace.

-Ryan aka "I stick up for my friends regardless if they are idiots" Lewis

schafer

Reaction
my post while it was posted in reply to you was not a flame on you, i know you didnt jump it, and i know you understand it was stupid, it just seems there is always someone out there who doesnt get it. (not implying you)

schafer

Reaction
T ypo Mioment: Shoudl ahve been Sherryl.. LOL

anyway

on the subject of the wall....

Anybody else notice all the trash that was left at the wall by the second lap.. It was rather disgusting and wrong.. If i was in my truck and had a trash bag i would have picked it up, unfortuatly i was in a truck that didnt have bags or a bed... but people need to see this also is what gets areas shut down.

i wish i had a picture, cause it would make everyone here sick.

Bonzen

Reaction
I personally didnt see all that Corey as we left the wall early to go find Dan out in the middle of the desert but yeah that is pretty disgusting and THAT is what is going to get the desert closed off. Scumbags that litter in our deserts. Every piece of trash we had went into a bag and all the bottles we had went into the bed of the truck.

-Ryan

sirhk100

Reaction
You should toss empty cans and bottles back in the cooler, not just toss them in the bed of the truck cause hitting a couple whoops will launch them outta the bed. And then instead of making a mess in one area you've left a trail of mess...

Not saying that it happened to you ryan, since your being kinda defensive today.

Bonzen

Reaction
yeah I should have elaborated on that more...our bottles went back into the cooler. And yes Khris you are the wheelie idiot on a bike lol

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.