Status
Not open for further replies.

sirhk100

Reaction
And your point?

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Wow! This thread has a lot of Drama going.

My $.25 if I may.

Kids!

You are a big part of the future of this sport. Us old farts are counting on you to keep it going.

1) I want to see you coming back to the races and the desert 'till you're old and gray.
2) I want you to have fun.
3) I want you to get involved with this sport to make it grow.
4) I also want you to get a little serious about this sport/activity you enjoy.

Make it last, take it a bit serious and make it fun. Stop the posing. Get involved with a race team. Create your own team. Find another way to contribute, there are many. By doing so, you will create lasting pride (a legacy) about your involvement, not a 60 second streak of fame.

See you in the dez and, in Baja!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
by no means am i saying what Ian did was the right thing to do because it was race day BUT people go to the wall to see people go big. dezert racing is relativly boring to watch unless you get to"that" spot where the racers go big. so when the racers dont go big the crowds leave and there goes all the people who are supporting the sport. why do you think the UP jump championship draws more spectators then the time trials? cause people wanna see stuff break and truck fly. not everyone can afford to race but it is fun to go show off infront of a crowd. Ians a good guy and Ryan is his friend so that why he deffends him i would do the same for a friend even if what he did was relativly stupid. no one got hurt his truck made it off the course and he obviously got he piont to not do it again.

Gregg

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I think another thing that should be talked about is that there were a lot of people video taping and taking pictures inside the area of teh wall that was flagged off. Klaus said it was the Luceren Zoo Road and he was right, there were people trying to get as close to the cars as possible.

Tom did a good job there all day, but whats funny is that for the amount of time that I was at the Wall, I saw about 3-4 MDR officals there and only Tom was the one standing at teh Wall doing anything. The others were sitting under their EZ-UP's staying cool. I guess they just wanted the cool shirt

orvacian

Reaction
Was that truck at the UP jump contest? I think the jump contest is a much better location to show off then on a race track during a race that you are not entered in.

singlehanded

Reaction
maybe he wasnt trying to show off his truck and just felt like jumping the wall.

btshannon

Reaction
Didn't we do this last year?

The wall is still there on Sunday.

MDR's sportsman entry fees are reasonable.

If the truck is built so well, and the driver is competent, enter the race. You may get a shiny trophy, and you will get to jump the wall more than once, and not have anyone come down on you.

I'll step off of the soap box now, who's next?

poolman

Reaction
DUDE'S a lady who has been there.RESPECT HER.She is one of the few who fights to keep your desert open to race and drink beer in.We love you Sheryl!ypm

poolman

Reaction
props to you PJC

BugRacer

Reaction
Bill Gereghty is the 5-1600 guy who pulled you over and gave you the fire ex. I will e-mail you his phone # on tue when I get it. Bill is a real good guy. He came to our pit after the race and told us what happened. Did any one see the full size bronco, orange with a white or gray top and calf.plates. On my lap 5 I was coming across the lake bed 300 feet before start finish, when this bronco was heading for the track. They made a right turn in front of me, cutting me off. When they got to the flags they went to the right, going behind the MDR motor home and got back on the track after the start line. I ate there dust slowing us down all the way down pit row. They did almost the same thing on lap 6. When I got back to the pit after the race My crew said they were going down pit row alot. I know a lot of people saw them. This is the person that needs to stay home. I would to talk with this person. Does anyone know who this is! <font color="yellow"> </font color>

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Jeff I saw that guy also (I was chasing for Mark Dees)while we were sitting at main pit after our race. We saw him a couple of times go by while you were out and even later when some trucks were finishing.The group next to us had a cute little sign ( STOP IT @SS HOLE THERE'S STILL A RACE GOING ON!!) for him but he never came by at the right time.He kept going up the main pit course and just turning around behind the trailers and would run it again,at least 7 or 8 times I saw. I know a few racers were in his dust and had to slow down.

VatterRacing

Reaction
We had a great time at the 400. The track was fast. Unfortunately we lost two of our spares somewhere out on the course and was wondering if anyone had some info. They are both beadlocks on 33's. I guess someone found them and was kind enough to walk down pit lane and try to find the owner but he never made it down to us. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and we'll see everyone for the night race.

Vatter Racing

SpeedRacer

Reaction
From approximately 2pm to 4pm a truck entered the coarse a dozen times just after check 1 and ran the whoop section for about 1 mile. He then reversed direction on the coarse (but not in the track) back to check 1. Although it was late in the race and race traffic was light, I felt the situation was dangerous because this is the first good passing opportunity for several miles. Several class 1 cars passed slower cars on the section of race coarse that this truck was going backwards on.

drtdevil93

Reaction
short story: first barstow race of the season, third lap, there is a tight, kinda blind turn before crossing a sandwash. i went through the turn, cross the sandwash, view clears up and whoa! there are 2 chase trucks on the course going the wrong way. all i can say is i had no where to go, so i went towards the smaller of the two, and he got hit in the side of his truck.
this was all very lucky, really. the truck was disabled at this point (missing 3&amp;4th gear, broken wishbone) and i would have been going much faster. it could have been a head-on collision at 50 instead of a side-swipe at 25. you go on the course during a race and endanger a race vehicle, youd better be willing to accept what may happen.

erik

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
going down a race corse in my opinion is just plain stupid but the wall is spectator heaven and with out Dan hitting it Im sure it was kinda boring I have spectated there and raced the corse 2 times and people always get there prerunners out between cars and jump its not the brightest idea but it does make us all laugh! and if there were officals there why didnt they stop it?? I wasnt there but Im sure it was hot &amp; fun!!!....but as for Ian he hit that thing Philly Styool!!!!....Mike

RacnCPA

Reaction
Thanks Pool. No, some have no clue what I do for them and all of us, but it matters not. I said I was done and I meant it. Good luck and see you in the motorsports pages!

drtdevil93

Reaction
speed racer: i know what you mean. me and a friend were moving downcourse a little bit, on the far side of the track. he didnt realize that ya, sometimes racers have to make passes, and sometimes you go off course to make them. hes driving next to the course, grinnin' like an idiot, not understanding why im so far over in my truck, and why im yelling at him. thats the problem, people dont always understand or know these things, and can easily risk lives, without knowing.

on the other hand, someone going down main pits repeatedly and interfering with race vehicles: someone should have had a strong word with this guy.

and frank: someone was setting a booby trap? please explain.

erik

frankh

Reaction
about a mile after pit B there was a truck parked on the side of the track ( this was the up hill straight away 100+ ) on the first lap they were just watching but when I came around for the second lap the was a 2-3 foot brem (sp?) just on the right side groove. The dirt was dark so you knew it was just dug up. I hit it at 90-95 and it bottomed the front right out. nothing that would have killed me but if it broke somthing I would have been pissed. Dan Vance said it was knocked down before he got too it. Somthing you look for in mexico not here.

shrek

Reaction
We saw that bronco, also. He was going up and down main pit all night Friday night. We were down after the turn and he was parking down there also. I seem to remember seeing him parked at Motion Tire's pit several times, but it was late and I could be wrong. I did not know of the "race" activities, but I sure am not surprised after watching him run all night long.

Matt

orvacian

Reaction
oh yeah singlehanded, like there are no other jumps in the desert NOT on a restricted race course in front of people with cameras. I have jumped the wall, notice it's at night while I was not bothering anyone.

Attachments

• 59949-jumpingthewall.jpg
    59949-jumpingthewall.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.