MDR Race - Main Pit for Course B

SuperDave

Reaction
The new "B" course in Johnson Valley is now marked for next weekend's MDR race. Main Pit and Start/Finish for this course is approx. 1/4 mile East from the old course, which is located between Camp Rock Road and Anderson Dry Lake.

Start/Finish is located at N 34*33.598' and W 116*46.221'. It's a 42.1 mile loop. The Wall is at mile 4.7.

Good luck to all the racers and be safe.

Matt760

Reaction
Is that jump pretty scetchy in a truck? I was out watching at the 400 and saw that 1600 car flip end over end. Pretty damn scary, Not sure how fast to hit it safely, WFO right?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
scetchy in a truck???? no way. just hit it with a bit of speed and gas it off the lip. trucks allways fly a bit nose high off it. its fun. just sux a bit cus you land in a whoop section. heres my old yota in flight off the wall.

Attachments

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Dave,

A 42 mile racecourse and the first pit is almost at the halfway point (RM 19.2)?

And the distance from Pit B to Pit C is 2.9 miles?

Am I missing something here?

Reese

SuperDave

Reaction
Reese,

I agree, the pits are a little awkward for this course. The Rock Pile is a bit far for Pit A but we can't have the pit at RX3 because the steep, one lane, switchback, powerline road is too dangerous for people to chase on or tow a trailer. Another thing to consider is mile marker 8 is within a mile of Main Pit so if you broke or needed something around that time you wouldn't be that far from Main. Then it's another 11 miles on the course to Pit A which isn't too far.

Pit B at RX5 is a bit tough to get to as well if you have a trailer or motorhome and is a bit cramped for space so we added Pit C a few miles down at the most Northern point on the course (which is easier to get to) and then threw in Pit D at RX6. Based on your chase vehicles, pit crew, equipment, etc., you can choose to setup at the pits that work out best for your team.

desertracer

Reaction
Which car is Beerman running, looks like he is entered? Don't think it would be his TT but who knows.

motoxscott

Reaction
It looks like the Lucerne race is gonna have a good turnout. I can't wait !!

-Scott