• Forum membership has its advantages....

MDR Race

John Bitting

Administrator
For those who did not make it you missed a good race.. Frank, Carolyn, and Dale Hines thanks for everything. Jeff still has not stopped talking about his ride. Kritter, sorry I did not get a chance to come hang. I rented a motorhome and had the whole family out and no cruise vehicle, Full Pull, Modelman, DezDude were among the RDC group hanging out. The StewartsRaceworks truggy was looking good, It was nice to see Craig Stewart, Mark Newhan, Tim Lawrence, and Shawn pitting next to us. The protruck running in class one looked really good, whos was it?? Bel sorry to hear you broke. Eduardo gets the high flying award for race day he came flying off the line on lap one. The City Service car looked really fast dont know what happened to it.. Sorry to see "The King" not finish in Marks truck but what an effort that was put into it, thats a real bummer.. The ouch award goes to Hardins on Friday, The took off from the start finish line, never lifted, swapped ends all the way towards me where they launched big time landing flat bottom and rebounding about a foot and a half. That must have hurt.... I will not make the 1000 and for this I am bummed but want to go to the SNORE/MORE race on the 17th. If anyone else wants to go maybe we could make a huge RDC/PIT gathering to spectate and cheer, It would be cool to have 100+ people sitting in the middle of nowhere cheering the racers on...

Wayne_Nosala

The protruck was John Becker's,.. Stuwart Chase started the race in it
They stripped the body off it & were just out to play around

Waynno

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Wayne_Nosala on 11/04/01 06:57 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I'm game for the race on the 17.

Kris

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

kurt

John - That truggy was un-belivable watching it coming down start/finish was awesome. I was pitted on the other side of the truggy, if you were hanging with the Hines's the truggy was pitted between us, wish I would have known that you and some of the RDC gang were hanging there and I would have made it a point to come say "hi" and put some faces to the names, but you know how race day can be rather hecktic.

Tom_Willis

This was the thirty-first MDR race, and we had 85 starters, (almost 40% trucks), with 7 class 1's, (including a new truggy, a protruck, and a Millenium car), four 8 trucks, 7 class 5's!.... The only serious injuries reported were not race related. This is the end of the 5th successful season, AND we continue in the good graces of the BLM.... They didn't even feel it was necessary to monitor this race. Did anybody see the 4wd Rolls Royce cruising the pits?

dave

I'D LIKE TO SAY MDR ALWAYS PUTS ON GOOD RACING , I'M GLAD I MADE IT OUT FOR THE RACE.. JOHN IT WAS FUN TO HANG WITH YOU GUYS , IT WAS GREAT TO MEET FULL PULL & DEZDUDE ,SORRY WE DID STAY LONGER BUT HUNGER TOOK OVER AT THAT POINT THAT AND I WAS OUT OF BEER.
JOHN THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING AND YOUR FAM IS WAY COOL BROTHER. :)

RacnCPA

CONGRATULATIONS to the WINNERS and PARTICIPANTS in MDR's Stoddard 200 in Barstow! It was a perfect day for racing and there was no shortage of excitement. Congratulations also go out to those racers who became CHAMPIONS with this race!! Great job on another successful racing season.

Send me your race stories and facts for my article. Thanks again.

Sc

JenDiggityDirt

Aw come on...Chuck Strange was famous long before we were around!

MDR, in my opinion, is definitely the most spectator friendly desert racing series there is. We always have such a fantastic time and we are already looking forward to next season and doing more volunteer work with the series because WE LOVE YOU DESERT RACERS!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

ntsqd

John, we must have crossed paths as I was in and out of Frank & Caroline's pit several times. The last time I rolled up in the blue 'glass buggy just after Ruben pulled the fuel cell-less 7 back just shy of 2:00.
So that explains why the Rolls' windshield banner says "Team Strange". I thot it reffered to the Rolls itself.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee