Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
How was Ridgecrest ?

Share your race stories here.

Tyson

Reaction
WELL. . .

it was about 2 in the morning, and a few of us wanted to go see pit 3 so we would know how to get there the following morning for the race. So as I am being . . . I would say followed but I believe that Dan was out for a good nerfing session on my bumper (lol) so rather being chased by Dan I got pretty loose going around a left hand corner hit a bush went flying through the air and landed on my 2 left tires then it progressed to the side walls - and just as everyone there thought I was about to go over - the truck set back down on all 4 wheels. . . HOW I'LL NEVER KNOW.

So I can't complain since I got away with a broken off road light and some branches in places that they shouldn't fit all through the damn truck but thats it!

SURE WAS FUN THOUGH

Tyson
YOTAPUNK</font color=red>

Jack

Reaction
It was VERY rough. We had trans cooler trouble, resulting in a fire on lap 2 (of 4) after puting that out and bypassing the coolers the driver was done do to inhalation of dry fire chemical. He did finish the remainder of lap 2 resulting in over heating the trans and loosing 3rd gear. Then the Co-driver took over to do laps 3 and 4 with first and second only and no trans cooler running at over 300 (I think the needle was around by the T. We were the last finisher in class but we got the points to keep us near the top of the running for the year. 1701

JCA

Reaction
Ruff - Ruff - Ruff... My wife always says that I leave her at camp and go and have fun, so I decided to do my prerun lap on friday am with the whole family and fish. We took the bronco which just recently got some suspension and 35's but has not received the new motor or gears yet. needless to say it is a pig out there (huh Dan lol). About 15 miles in on the prerun my wife was saying she cant beleave that I do this for fun and that she cant beleave that wew will be doing multiple laps on sat. hahahaha I think when we got back to camp she said it was ok to leave her at camp next time. I will have a full write up on the race, some pictures and some videos (?Fish) by the end of the week on my web site www.andrewsracing.com

frankh

Reaction
Car 150
Well Dennis started and had problems with the Alt belt, finally got it all aligned right. The rest of the day he ran clean. At lap 5 I got in and was able not to kill myself and make it to the finish line, with no flats.
3RD

Truck 1477
Carolyn ran clean all day with out any problems or flats.
Finally we got her to the finish line.
3RD

Car 507
Dale started in the five car and ran his 4 laps with not any problems or flats. A friend got in for the last 3 laps and ran into a problem with no brakes and then an axle problem to take them out of the race.
DNF

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Friday night was very interesting and I can not beleve that Tyson's truck does not have some roof and cab damage right now. How he did not roll I will never know!

Saturday I got the chance to ride with Dale Hines in the 5 car. All I can say is that I had the best time in the world! It was so fun and much better than just spectating even though that is fun too. By the 4th lap the track was getting a little rough but still very fun! I had a FEW people including Greg come up to me before the race and make sure I had all my emergency contact info right before I road with Dale but I had confidence in Dale and we made it with no problems :)

Thanks again Dale and Frank Hines!

As far as the video goes like I said before I didnt get a chance to take any myself since I was in the car but a friend of mine did get some but the problem is his camera is a different format than mine so I gotta figure out how to get it on here for you guys. So look for some later this week!

Go Big Or Go Home

Catawampus

Reaction
Made this post on the Class Nine board, but what the heck, thought I'd post here too in being it's about the MDR Ridgecrest 300.
We had a great time at Ridgecrest - That is what off-road racing is all about! Six miles of the original course was rerouted on a moto cross trail, which proved to be demanding. We were hoping to see more nine cars show up, but we pushed it anyway. Our pumper broke at mile marker 15 on the first lap so we consumed a lot of dust and rocks throughout the race. A flat tire, a loose coil wire, and a sprung torsion spring slowed us down on several laps, but the car finished strong. Thanks to MDR for putting on a great race, and to Casa Corona for a great buffet, and to Doug Bloom, who did an excellent job of watching the mirrors as co driver on the last four laps. I don't know about the other racers but to me the Jeep Speed drivers did a great job of pulling over promptly.

See ya at the Kartek 400
Car 929

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
Whit Courtenay - #1001

Friday was a great day for pre-running and I took out a couple of my chase people for a lap. It was rougher than I expected so I was a little worried about the Lorel. As it turned out she just laughed and said "weeeee" a lot.

After pre-running, I wished I had not requested rear start. A flat on the first lap put me behind the lead 500 car of George Seeley. The second lap, it seemed like every time I caught up to him I would get dusted out or lapped vehicles would get between us. Two or three times I was within a car length before something would happen to force me to fall back. The good news is that he was running pretty darn fast.

Laps 3 & 4 found more vehicles to lap. I got a lot of practice passing slower vehicles !! It seemed like I passed over 20 of them !! To their credit, most all of them saw me and gave me a wave to let me know they knew I was there. I only had to nerf 1 vehicle in four laps.

We fueled and did a driver change (Gene Brown got in) at the end of the 4th lap. At that point I believe the top three 10 cars were within 1 minute of each other on "corrected time". We had a flat in lap 5 and a "tire & vehicle check" in lap 6.

In the final lap, the car went dead at check point 1. Thanks to Jim Moulton and a bunch of other guys, we were able to get the car off the track and figure out the problem. A wire had come off the alternator. After about 15 minutes, Gene was back on his way again. Many thanks to all that helped!

As luck would have it, Frank Omboli also had problems on his last lap and we ended up 1st in class.

Congratulations to all the winners AND FINISHERS !! It was rough out there, but still great fun.

If you want to read even more of my rambling on, you can check my web site, www.marcourtracing , later this week.

Till next race........

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

desertracer

Reaction
I ended up getting out there on Thursday night late at like 2 in the morning. We pre-ran on Friday in the morning, the course was very rough then. On Friday we started having problems with our MSD ignition and fuel injection when we were running the car. Discovered that the crank sensor for the motec injection had gone bad so fixed that. On Saturday moning the car was poping and backfiring at low rpm but it would come and go. We started, it ran good till about mile 12 then would not run at low rpm. We managed to limp it out and we called it a day there because the course was so tight that we need the low rpm power. Later we discovered that it was the ignition going bad. Later on in the day I jumped in the passengers seat of car 1013 where I ran laps 6 and 7 with them. The course was beaten up really bad by then. We ended up getting 4th in class 10 which was fine for us, the main goal was to finish. Overall had a great time. Want to thank my buddy with the 4wd Caddy who pulled us back to the pits when we broke.

MDR #112

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Offical Times and Results are up!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.com/mdrracing/2002-r-crest.htm>http://hometown.aol.com/mdrracing/2002-r-crest.htm</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Here are a few pics of the Class 1 and Overall winner I grabbed from the video I shot..

http://www.y-not-productions.com/test/109_correction.jpg

That was some great driving Tom!!! I will get video up tomorrow night.. A trip to the dentist has kicked my A$$..

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>