MDR RACE

Outhouseracing

So all this talk about the 1000 what about the MDR race? I heard Letners were in a Trophy Truck, maybe there Grandpa's?? Any results storys?

frankh

Yes the Letner TT was there and hauling ass but they lost a axle and then the diff on there fourth lap. Tom Koch was in the lead most of the day but then broke somthing on one of the rear trailing arm. We (150)did not even start had transmission problems on friday. Had to rev about 5 grand just to get it on the trailer. Carolyn (1477) broke an axle on her second lap. So we head out. congrads to all the finisher.

Frank

desertracer

We managed to get the class 1 win over Josh waddel(sp) #114 in the trl truggy. Letner and Koch were very fast all day long. Letner could not keep tires on his TT, we passed him many times while he was on the side of the road changing a flat. I think 1003 got the overall then 1001 2nd. Not sure if we got 3rd or 4th, 811 came in close behind us. It was a fun day of racing.

MDR #112

martininsocal

Dan- you guys looked good all day, not quite as fast as the Red car, but steady, and that is what won the race. FYI- we changed the last flat for Waddel and if he ahd a jack that would have raised the car high enough to clear the rim/tire, we may have gotten him out of there ahead of you guys, but we had to dig and kick rocks out to get enough clearance to get the tire on. Oh well, hopefully they will learn from the experience. Chriswell was running strong towards the front early too, Too bad Wallace had no competition in 1600, he probably would have beat them anyway! he was pushing the car hard for running by himself. A pretty nice day in the Dez overall.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

yotatech

we were at the race and had a great time. Every time the letner tt went by we would comment on the oil smell following it, to bad for them. We were wondering why he never came around for the final lap and now we do. Congrats to all the finishers and the winners.

desertracer

Yeah Martin we were just trying to get a finish and then when people started to break it looked like everything started to turn our way. We were messing with the suspension a bit because it was packing up really bad in the rough stuff and in the long whoop sections you couldn't stay on the gas as much. It was close that last lap with Waddel because we passed him, just before rx 7, when they were down and we had no idea if he was going to get back up and running. Guess it was closer than we would have liked it to be. Did you see Koch's car after the race? Amazing how it tore that rear arm in half all around the drive flange.

MDR #112

elcaprerunner

I had a blast! Funnest race I have been to, we got great spots to film and everything. We actually made it up for contingency but that was about 8:25pm so just about everyone was gone from there, so we went and set up camp. What was the deal with PCI truck/trailer being there? I figured it should have been on its way home from La Paz with the Scotts TT in it. Does PCI have two trailers? Just before the start I saw Harley Letner sitting in the TT waiting, he gave me anarchy sign and I could tell he was pumped. He was flying at the beginning. We got some great shots of lap 1 and lap 2 of the class 1's and 10's flying off of this dropoff at RX 8, made for awesome video. Didn't get to meet any RDC people. :( Although, towards the end of the race at a little after 12:00pm we saw Ryan followed by The Piece going out the opposite way of the coarse direction, we tried to catch up but we got stuck behind a race trailer going through the pits and lost you guys. Where did you guys go Fish? Also on the way home we stopped at Wendy's just before going down Cajon and saw Dan Vances Toyota on a trailer there at a little after 2:00pm on Saturday. Looked pretty clean like it didn't make the start, but everything was together and it looked like it was ready to race. I never saw it in the pits or racing. Did it make the race? Does anyone know what happened to it (why it didn't start, or if it did it didn't get far anyway, I know what happend at the 400, is that part of the reason)?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well this race pretty much sucked lol....

As of yesterday we hadent even started Dan's Toyota and were still putting it back together from having no frame from the cab forward! We have been working almost all day for the past 2 weeks putting it back together...We worked all day Thursday and Friday with 0 hours of sleep and then last night around 11PM we finally started it and took it for a hotlap in the neighborhood....fuel pump crapped out and we were looking on the way to the race for a place to get a new one....finally found a 24 hour Autozone in Fontana and got a new fuel pump....

We pulled up to the race at 5AM this morning! Barely got it off the trailer and we had to head over to early signup....then we started the race at 7AM....

Truck was awesome off the line...it was a sight to see a little 4 banger Toyota throw a roost like it did off the line :)

Started having overheating problems and had to stop at mile 11 to let it cool down....continued to overheat for the rest of the lap with having to stop to let it cool down a few more times. So after 1 lap we called it a day and decieded to save it for Glamis this week!
So we just took off and headed home. Hopefully just need to change the radiator and then were off to Glamis Wednesday!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

fishd00d

What A Joke
Here is a clip of Dan off the start:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/dan.mpg>Dan Start</A>

And here is a clip of the Letner TT:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/letnertt.mpg>Letner Trophy Truck</A>

I am having problems with my video program so I had to make them MPG format for now.....

Go Big Or Go Home

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Hey Austin....whoo really found the fuel pump? JK Sucks you guys had a bad day. The team I helped go tno sleep either due to deciding to change a head gasket at 3AM. Thanks to Dan for swingin us the head gaskets while on a mission to get his fuel pumps.

AS for the race the course was pretty cool. I was wandering some places I never had been before. I came upon a Jeepspeed in a valley somewhere and nobody seemed to be helping him out with an extra spare since he got 2 flats, yet only had one spare....so I gave him mine. He still had a bad day after that.

Course seemed sparce with cars to me.

Saw Collins TT on the way home on the freeway...so at least I saw a badass TT.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

Steve_HKmtrsprts

I also saw the Collins TT coming up Cahone, it was driving in traffic not on a trailer, and also saw Sessa's Prerunner on a trailer going towards barstowe. Good race!!
Oh Gabe, your truck is looking badass, at least you got to watch some racing.

desertracer

Scott may come on here later and tell more but from what I know I talked to the guy who brought the Pci trailer out to barstow. He is a regular chaser for scott and he helps him out a lot with the tt, he also co-drives in the 1700 Jeepspeed. I guess the trailer only went halfway down for the 1000 and he said that by the time they get the trailer moving the tt would be too far ahead for it to even help, so they packed up and headed home once the tt passed. Then scott let him take it out to Barstow for the Mdr race. This is what he told me, may not be the exact story but pretty close.

MDR #112

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya thanks Kritter for telling us the location of the Autozone....we called one in Anaheim that was open but the guy who worked there was an idiot and said they didnt have anything....

I saw the colling TT on the trailer also...then I saw one of their chase trucks driving on the way home also....it had a super wide front end!

Go Big Or Go Home

Bonzen

Hey I had a good time.....

Whats wrong with partying and hanging out all night and then watching a race the next day? You know I was slightly drunk when I wasnt even driving my own truck... hey i'm comming up tonight to get my cell. I'll call you first.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

PatrickG

I also saw the collins TT, I also saw damen jefferies TT around the 210 with the collins prerunner about a quarter mile behind.
Patrick

TROPHYSEDAN

Had a blast this weekend at M D R .Good race .Jim Anderson,Guy Evans got first O A .It was fun to just watch a race and do nothing but watch .I didnt get my jeep ready for this race .Our old 5-16 got 3rd.This was his very first desert race .So it was a good day for our group.Thank you M D R for a good year of racing.

erikh

Barry Thompson, the winner of the Jeep Speed class championship #1700, is the semi-driver for PCI. He drove the PCI semi to Valle de Trinidad, pitted Scott, the Kia and a few others and then headed to Barstow for his own race.

I'll post some videos from the VDT pit soon but most of them are high speed stuff since we were about 1/2 mile past the goat trail on the road. Everyone was just screaming by so the videos aren't so good.

Congratulations to Barry & Nick for a great race and championship.

erik

RacnCPA

Pretty close. Barrie Thompson brought the trailer back for Scott and used it for the MDR race.

Sc