MDR RACE

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
This was a great race. The overall winner for the night was Frank hines in the Telcom / Motion Tire class 1.

Attachments

SpitDirtCom

Reaction
Just got back and the race was bitchin. We were at Pit C, and it was a cool little whoop section. Dan congratulations, your truck looked good when you were going by us.

TMR_LaFortune

Reaction
That was a fun race, congrats Dan on your win. Special thanks to Frank at motion tire for letting us use his welder and tools, we would have not finished without it. I love the pic of matt mooning me, man you have a white ass! Thanks to all of Duffco racing and TMR pit crew for kepping me up and running.

Jason LaFortune

Eric_M

Reaction
anyone know what happened to austin? i see on mdrracing.com that he was a DNF.. anyone know?

84toy

Reaction
Carrier baring, tried to fix it with a tie down but it didn't last.

Jkrell

Reaction
The Duffco racing toyota had a disapointing day in the dirt this weekend. The good news is the truck worked great and that we finished. The bad news is our jack failed on lap 2 when we got a flat tire and we were down for over an hour waiting for our crew to get to us with a new jack. We had a good truck that could have easily taken a second place without our jack failure. Congradulation to Vance on a great race....he brought out the fastest truck and kept it together for the 3 laps.

A big thanks to Duffco, The Rodes way boats crew, Matt Vogler, Ollie Penchansky, TMR, and everybody else who made it possible....it was a blast.

Jon

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well The Piece made it one lap and a half!!! lol. Not bad for no prep or testing. And it wasent even anything that failed that prep or testing would have helped!

First lap went pretty good besides the lack of power with 35's and one tire fire diff with 4:10's lol.
Around mile 30 the ALT light started coming on and off so there was a problem with the alternator. We shut off all the lights besides the amber light and kept going (it wasent dark yet so no biggie). Right when we came into S/F we stopped at the line and it died completly....had to push it off the track and right over to our pit. We changed batterys and were off again!

Started the 2nd lap and we were hauling ass since the truck was actually working ok for once. Around mile 20 we started to smell rubber burning and right away I knew what it was. At mile 26 the carrier bearing blew up and driveshaft made clanking noises second to none!

Totally my fault for not having a spare one and noone had one so we limped it to Pit C and tryed to use a tie town and hold it up....made it about 1/8 mile and it broke. Done for the night.

I was really not expecting to make it even one lap so I am happy that we did and it was something stupid and a factory part that broke....everything else is good to go. Just goes to show that you do not need a high dollar truck to go out and race and have some fun!!

Big thanks to Corey without him coming over and helping for the past week I couldn't have raced. Also big thanks to Frank Hines and the Motion Tire crew. Without them I wouldnt have been racing either. Thanks to Walt and Nicole and Matt and the rest of the Total Chaos crew for trying to rig it to finish.

THE PIECE WILL RETURN!!

Matt760

Reaction
Just got back from my first race!! FINISHED 10th place. What an awsome weekend. I finished the race at around 2:00am and am really stoked to have finished. At mile marker 10-15 the ring and pinion stared to go out, I'm sure all of you that were near a checkpoint heard the gears grinding/ almost exploding/ welding together. lol stock 7.5. I was able to finish the next 110 miles babying the throttle to keep the gears meshed. Finished the last 20 miles going 10-20 mph. definatly getting a bigger rear end for the next race, 35s' and a deaver pack, the stock add a leafs were not having fun out there. Thanks to all my pit crew and my family for flying out. See you next race, Bring It! Matt Torian-1481 BTW I only got nerfed once and it was by a red Jeepspeed, the sudden burst of horsepower was pretty damn cool though, my Highlight of the night, lol

WFODAN

Reaction
This race was a blast . It started off not so good last week though .

The motor has been having a problem that I couldn't seem to fix . It was running lean so it would almost cook when I gave it more than half throttle . Well after a week of trying everything in the book to remedy the situation , I just left it to fate . I needed to finish for the points , so it didn't matter if I won the race . I was just there to cruise around the course .

We started in the next to last starting position . We cruised up the main to the rock pile and had already gotten around two of the trucks infront of us . the truck was running 240 so I decided to back off even more and try to cool it down ( the rock pile is mile marker 2 so it got that hot in two miles ) . We were in a small pack of trucks at that point so we just stayed behind them and passed when it wouldn't take much effort . Eventually it stabilized at about 235 to 250 degrees and we just kept a steady pace . By mile marker 25 we had caught the top three . One by one we picked them off till we got to the front . From there on out , we backed the pace down to be just quick enough to stay in the lead . At the end of the second lap , Greg Gagnon from United Prerunners got out and Pat hanson from Kartek got in . I told him we weren't going to set any records , that we were just there to stay up front and that's it . We did get a flat tire at about mile 18 , but I've never stopped for a flat before so I didn't feel like making an acception for this one either . Fish was broke down at mile 26 so he radioed Pfluegers guys from his truck and asked if we could stop at their chase truck for a tire change . They told me to stop at check two ( mile marker 22) and they'd change it for me . After that we just pretty much cruised to the end . It was an almost effortless day .

Sorry to hear about your problems jkrell . Would've been fun to know that you were still a safe few minutes behind me , but that's racing . Maybe if you got the time we can do this again sometime .

Thanks to Frank Hines and the motion tire crew for all their help as always . Thanks also to Total Chaos for their pit support and helping me keep the truck together race after race. Deaver springs , Baja Racing Products , Kartek, Mckenzies , Goodyear , and King Shocks . Also none of this would be possible without my crew either . Thanks Walt , Pat , Gregg , and all the others that make what I do more fun and less work .

Tyson

Reaction
Well I ran my first race...well the first 5 miles of it anyway. While we were prerunning earlier in the day the truck was overheating so we pulled the thermostat out and flushed the coolant and fixed the radiator cap, then swapped the radiator cap (thanks Kevin for letting us "borrow" yours). Well we had decided that we had the problem fixed and I was not about to have gotten 2 hours sleep the night before to come all the way out and not race so I went for it. Started good but by the time we reach our pit area (about 1/8 mile) the truck was lagging I knew it was running too hot but the damn gauge took a crap so I was taking it easy, gave the guys at the Rock pile a good show as I over shot the turn but corrected quickly, back on the course and a freaking explosion went off and all of a sudden my nor my passenger could see anything...we were covered in coolant it went everywhere so I got off the course and radiod in for help. Thanks Corey for stopping and embassingly TOWING me back to pit....oh well it happens, I will get this taken care of and be out there again I guarantee that.

Thanks to Dan Vance for getting me anything I needed to get my but to race this race, and Frank Hines and Motion Tire for letting us pit with them, and using the luxory of your trailer for a/c my chick was dying of the heat (her first MDR race). Thanks to ALL of my friends that made this happen to get us to the starting line, sorry guys my bad on the prep I am fairly confident that it was actually the water pump that started this race, I know who I need to give rides at the next race.

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!

DuffcoDan

Reaction
It was our first time racing at night. It was very challenging. The wind was a big bonus on the visibility. It was much safer being that this course was very high speed.

Jon did a great job driving and the truck was working great. We had a flat around mile marker 28 on the second lap. We drove on it for about 4 miles hoping to make it to the rock pile for pit service. We finally had to stop to change it out and the P.O.S. hi-lift jack was broken! That sucked. Our crew made it out there with a replacement jack. after the flat was changed we started the vehicle to take off and the engine keep dying. we finally had to wire a jumper to the fuel pump and by then it was over 1 hr later. Jon got out of the “hot” seat and I took over driving. Pete A. did a professional job on the co-rider responsibilities. We brought it to the finish with out a scratch on the new paint job.

Thanks to Rhiannon especially for loading up our coolers with goodies and to Devin for flying down from up north to help out! Congrats to Dan and team for putting together a winning effort in 1450 class and all the other racers that made it to the finish line safely…

Attachments

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Congrats to Dan for taking first place, you were really flying by the rockpile as we were all mooning you
. Gotta love that 3 wheel motion around the complete turn! Also congrats to Frank and his team, they were really on their game it looked like.

CEORanger

Reaction
this was our first race and it was a blast. 1474 ran good the first lap and a half then while going through the narrow sandy canyon around RM 31 we broke a tie rod adjuster. fortunately we were only going 5mph and the car just stopped in the middle of the course as the passenger tire just pointed itself all the way to the left and plowed. we got it out of the way and called for help. we were able to get the part fixed at pit c from a FAIR pit with a stick welder. we werent sure if it would hold up the remainder of the race but we made it. last finisher in class good enough for 11th. thanks for everyone that helped us out.