MDR race

Chris

Reaction
I need direction to Lucerne coming from Mission Viejo. I know how to get to the 15N but don't remember which exit it is off the 15. I remember going back into the hills along some road and having to make several turns onto several different roads before reaching the dirt access road that leads to the S/F area but I don't remember what they were called. Also due to the fact that they removed the wall:( from tomorrows course what will be the best spot to watch the race from. Thanks for your help!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Chris go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.prerunners.com>www.prerunners.com</A> you will find directions there. At least thats what Jen said in her last IP e-mail.. I just drive by land marks so you don't want directions from me.

Tony

Jack

Reaction
Well, headed out. Anyone come by the Jeepspeed pit and say hey.

gary

Reaction
good lord that's a long drive-especially when you don't leave your house 'til like 8. i t was cool though, what i got to see. dan vance's victory(?) donuts at the start /finish line were impressive. that truck just doesn't sound street legal, but i don't mean that in a bad way....how long until primm????

Jack

Reaction
In ten years of chasing, I never saw more dust just hanging there, and for a night race it was terible but a lot of fun. I pulled a couple of two whell drives out of the sand fixed some wireing trouble on one of our cherokees. Had a blast, and I was surprised and glad I didn't hear of any major accidents.

Chris

Reaction
We were sitting at start finish, saw Dan come through on his second lap (I think) right after he passed through the flood lights MDR had setup just before S/F went out. It was really weird. The MDR volunteers were running around to try and get them started again. If I had been a racer emerging from the dark to see S/F right in front of me it would have been a little tense. Without those lights I'm sure it was a little confusing. We had a great time, thanks to MDR and all the people it took to make the Cal. 200 happen. One thing I learned is filming a night race is pretty impossible. All you see is the lights coming at you the only time you can see the car is as it is next to you or after it has gone by already.