MDR RESULTS ???

mgobaja

Reaction
Any results on the MDR night race ? Class 10 and 1 would be great.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Father & son team shawn and larry McCallum !st class 1 and 1st overall

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Dan Vance, 1429 First Place in 1400! Way to go Dan!

Go Big Or Go Home

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
Brad Inch 1st in 1/2 1600
Mike Malloy 2cnd in 1/2 1600 ( Brad & Mike were within 2 minutes of
each other all night on corected time, it was pretty close)
Harley Letner, 1st class 10

BTW Thanks John B for the Tee shirts & stickers!
Wayne

rdc

Reaction
Who won class 7 & 8 ? Is it true that the 1st overall car is one of the Ryerson Shock cars ? Was there more ?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Wow, what a great time at the night race. MDR races are getting huge.. Not a whole lot of entries last night but tons and tons of spectators and pit crews. It was nice meeting all the new faces, Wayne Nosala, Reggie Dunlap, Ronnie Ryerson...etc.. A huge thank you to Frank Hines and his whole crew for the hospitallity. The blender ran for a long time thanks to your power.. Congrats to Dan Vance in the Race-Dezert.com sponsored truck for a huge win with an hour over Martyn Atkins, must be the new stickers on the side. Everyone should run them. :) McCallum was really fast, he was running the new Ronnie Ryerson bypass shocks and coil carrier, It is a very nice looking shock, obviously works well too. I will have up close pics of the shock to post in a little bit. The bronco ran good for the maiden voyage, It is a pit cruiser though until I get the deavers on it. The back would kick real good in any whoop section.. I have a shop lined up to do the fabwork, close to a shock deal and the seats get mounted in 2 weeks. I will take pics and document the build up on RDC. For those of you that wanted t-shirts and did not get a chance, I am sorry, I drove about 75 miles of pit lane on Saturday all day stopping and talking to people.. We will have the shirts at Primm and look for 2-3 new designs of Race-Dezert.com shirts for Laughlin...Jim Patelli sounded real good and looked real fast, the highlight of my night was Eric Heiden(sp?) was back out running his f-150 and it sure sounded good and was hauling a$$ it was definetly the crowd favorite. There were great battles all night, in 1600, and class 1 and class 8... We will have some video to put up but not many pics because the cameras dont shoot well in the night. Or at least we dont.

aka Margaritaville

mgobaja

Reaction
Does anyone know what happened to Whit Courtney in class 10 ?

frankh

Reaction
you are welcome anytime, thought about staying in the pit after tasting one, lets see a Bitting Margarita or ride in a class one car , It was a close call

jimpat

Reaction
john.. we also ran Ryerson reservoirs and no more explosions...
This race probably put an end to the class 8 and 10 controversy....
class 8 was faster here, because this was a super fast track, the second lap we did it in 43 minutes and 40 seconds, that's from pit to pit, as we stopped after one lap to fill up so we could get mileage readings [we get 3 .10 miles per gallon].
Class 10 at Barstow is for sure faster than 8, as the weight difference is the killer.
So that's about it for this year.... 2 more to go!!!

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

RacnCPA

Reaction
CONGRATULATIONS to all the WINNERS and PARTICIPANTS in the MDR California 200 Night Race! I'd also like to congratulate MDR for putting on an excellent event. They had some lighting problems but were able to keep things under control and get them back up right away. This race had a finishing ratio of over 79%!!! That is awesome.

I left the finish line area about 1:45am, so if I did not get to talk to you, PLEASE email or fax me your race info ASAP. Even if you did not finish I would be interested in YOUR STORY. The more info I get the better the article for Dusty Times.

Last but certainly not least I'd like to thank FAY RACING for allowing me the opportunity to ride with both Stacy and Kathy. I was expecting a lot rougher ride than I received. The leader of the group, "Gentleman Jim" Fay really knows how to set up a truck. We ran a near flawless race with the exception of a flat tire the driver "Kit" could "just feel". Most likely the result of that loud bang heard while feeling our way though the "foggy dust"! Unfortunately I had to relinquish my co-driver position after two laps so I could cover the race and just made the finish line after the first car came in. Excellent timing by the Fay sisters! THANK YOU Jim, Stacy & Doug, Kathy & Mark, and the entire crew for an great ride. Still the best women drivers in this reporters opinion!!

Sc

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
Yep, I know what happened to Whit Courtenay (me). It was the first race for my new 2 seater and it turns out I did not have all the bugs worked out. For some reason I have yet to determine, the engine was not developing full power and it really slowed us up in the soft stuff.

And then the power steering failed at mile 37 on our second lap. We made it to our main pit ok and our pit crew did a great job getting us going again. They got us repaired in 40 minutes and that isn't easy in a mid engine Toyota.

As usual we still had fun, but I hope to do better in November

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

rdc

Reaction
Thanks you guys for the welcome I reeived at my 1st MDR ( you know who you are) MDR seems to have some good racing . Has anyone actually seen the race course or do you drive by GPS ?

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
MDR'S web site has the course maps up a week or two prior to the race and the course is marked a week prior for prerunning. ( I assume that is what your asking)

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>

rdc

Reaction
Thanks for the info Pat but I see I was as clear as that night.