MDR Ridgecrest Updates

DTL

Reaction
Actually Jefferies drove 2 laps. Todd Cuffaro is the driver of the new Porter and completed the last 5 laps for the overall in just his second race in class 1.

GeoffMilke

Reaction
The course was terrible.............very rough and no place to pass, but marked very well.

Class 7 had three starters............Barry went first, and had a first lap fast lap. St. George went second, and rolled at mile 2.8. Barry broke on the second lap. St. George got going when we were finishing our second lap. So we cruised the seven laps, giving Tyler Milke and Nick Jordan both two laps driving. I guess that means we won.

For the record..........car 1049.........nerfed us in a bad section (no horn or anything), making us very "excited", so we pulled over, then chased him down for about half a mile, caught him............and lets just say that he won't be nerfing us again.

SuperDave

Reaction
Tommy said:
that corse sucks....it was made for rock crawling....ONLY>>>!!!!

Rock crawling! Come on, it wasn't that bad. Sure there were a couple large rocks on or near the course, but Barstow has way more rocks than Ridgecrest. If anything, some of those whoops were DEEP.

What I liked best was the Gas Line Road, the semi paved road leading into CK1, the sandwash after CK1, the few miles before Railroad Crossing 2, the valley after Railroad Crossing 2, and the foothills up where that class 5 car broke down were kind of fun.

GeoffMilke

Reaction
SuperDave said:
Rock crawling! Come on, it wasn't that bad. Sure there were a couple large rocks on or near the course, but Barstow has way more rocks than Ridgecrest. If anything, some of those whoops were DEEP.

What I liked best was the Gas Line Road, the semi paved road leading into CK1, the sandwash after CK1, the few miles before Railroad Crossing 2, the valley after Railroad Crossing 2, and the foothills up where that class 5 car broke down were kind of fun.

Dave's right about gas line road and the wash.........and about the rocks.............there were not as many as I thought there would be (as many as people said there were going to be), but the whoops were bad. And it wasn't that they were deep, they were short, choppy, and close together, making it nearly impossible to get a rhythm.

Last edited:

frankh

Reaction
Website
www.n2sracing.com
GeoffMilke said:
For the record..........car 1049.........nerfed us in a bad section (no horn or anything), making us very "excited", so we pulled over, then chased him down for about half a mile, caught him............and lets just say that he won't be nerfing us again.

If you are going to whine make sure you post the whole story. your were stopped and pulled out right in front of him. He did everything he could not to plow you more then he did. You pulled over and he passed you then went on a mission to intentional plow him. He did not go whining to anybody. but just remember the next time he passes you he will be in a one car with a 75lbs 1/2 thick front skid pan.

Also I thought the course was great. If you don't want it to be true offroading then go get a sprint car and go in little circles.

GeoffMilke

Reaction
I posted that "for the record", not to "whine".

Your facts are wrong...........we pulled back on the course and he hit us a hundred yards or more after. It was in one of the roughest parts of the course. He didn't try to miss us, he didn't honk, he didn't run behind us for any lenght of time at all........he just plowed us.

After he plowed us, we pulled over, then began racing again.................For the record, we were faster than he was.................we ran behind him for quite a ways, nerfed him, and he did not pull over............we decided not to try to pass him in that section because it was too trecherous............

And that's the "rest of the story"

Next time, when he's in his 1 car, hopefully he'll do what other's do and honk, give us time to get out of the way, then leave us in his dust. That's not what he did yesterday.

frankh

Reaction
Website
www.n2sracing.com
Funny that your story change and now you just nerfed him. not "caught him............and lets just say that he won't be nerfing us again"

Just look at what you are say. Dennis thought you were going to stay off the course ( right are wrong that is what he saw). but it did not happen. he tried to stop. there was no time to honk and accidentally hit you. But you on the other hand went on a mission with only one thought and that was to pay back for what you thought he did on purpose. and you think Dennis is that bad guy here. Funny he was going to look you up after the race and say sorry but after you rammed him back that went down the tubes.

If you were faster then him how was he able to run up on you and hit you, oh yea you were not up to speed.

GeoffMilke

Reaction
frankh said:
Funny that your story change

What? How did the story change? We caught him. Stayed behind him for quite a while. We nerfed him and he made no move. How is that a change? All I said in the first post was that we caught him and he wont be nerfing us again...........which, by the way, is just a figure of speech. How do I know what he thinks?

Just look at what you are say. Dennis thought you were going to stay off the course ( right are wrong that is what he saw). but it did not happen. he tried to stop. there was no time to honk and accidentally hit you.

This is bogus. He was nowhere in sight when we pulled onto the course. We took off slow and were getting going. He wasnt going to fast to honk, or wait..............in fact, I think it was an uphill section, and we pulled over almost immediately....so if we had time to react, so did he.

But you on the other hand went on a mission with only one thought and that was to pay back for what you thought he did on purpose.

He did do it on purpose. So what?

and you think Dennis is that bad guy here.

I don't think "Dennis" is a bad guy.......what he did was bogus.

Funny he was going to look you up after the race and say sorry but after you rammed him back that went down the tubes.

Fine for him to say that now isn't it. Then why didn't he get out of our way once we caught him? He was going to make us eat his dust the rest of that section

If you were faster then him how was he able to run up on you and hit you, oh yea you were not up to speed.

That's right. At least you got one thing right.

Now here's the odd part. Some guy nerfs the @#*& out of us, we nerf him back. I post it on this thread.......and here comes FrankH.................who doesn't know me, didn't talk to me........................talks about his good buddy who was so sorry................and calls me the "whiner"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Just to let you know I am good friends with Dennis and he is not a dickhead. He does not just nerf people because he can, if you knew him you would know this. If he says it was an accident then it was. Frank is his co-driver so I think he probley can speak as he knows how he drives also....

End of story.

Ryan_P

Reaction
Are we whining at the fact that he nerfed you or what? It happens, and who are you guys to judge whether or not it WAS intentional or not other than the two guys in the car that are being accused of "intentional nerfing" without a warning. There are many things that come into play, too much dust, glar from the sun being a factor in judging proper distance, reaction time, etc.

It's offroad racing, things like this happen, and I am pretty darn sure that a veteran racer is not going to nerf some just for Sh*ts and giggles.

-Ryan

frankh

Reaction
Website
www.n2sracing.com
obr184 said:
Thats great. Well done Todd and Damen.
Pictures??

congrads, they just finnished the car the week before. Damen said they had to make a few stops the first lap. At one point they were running out of fuel. It has a differant engine then Damen runs so, they were not sure what MPG they were going to get.

Also thanks to Damen and Kartek for the food at there pits Friday night.

frankh

Reaction
Website
www.n2sracing.com
Matt you told you love to watch soaps.

Also what was up with the 700 truck blowing though pit A check with out even lifting let alone stopping? On both laps there was no dust and on his second lap the flag was standing in the middle of the course and he did not even lift for a sec.

ntsqd

Reaction
Apologies to the 747 (?) dark blue Ranger.
I stalled crossing the course where you first turn to parallel the RR tracks. After waiting & looking for dust and movement, seeing none I started across, only to see them having to slow down for me as I was trying to re-start.

Saw that 700 truck blow thru on the first lap, they did it again? Co-Dog needs a bigger stick.

If you're in his class Dennis will race you hard and square, but I won't believe that he would ram anyone intentionally. He's not that type of person.