MDR ridgecrest

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Whos going and where ya hanging out? Dont forget we (Jen, Greg, Myself & others hopefully) are pulling the course markings immediately after the last car crosses the finish line to go out for their last lap. Come joing the FUN!!

Also, Drivers be aware. After the sand wash aprox mile 11.00 the course follows narrow and ROUGH motorcycle trails. Supercross deep whoops!! Unusually rough for a car course. This route was the only one we could use. This is due to a closure of a small area where artifacts were found that was used in previous races. But for the most part a fast, fun course. Had a blast running/marking it in my truck. Good luck.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I will be coming up Thursday afternoon with Andrews Racing, we are camping at start/finish I beleve.

Go Big Or Go Home

desertracer

Reaction
We are going to be heading out on Thursday afternoon/evening and hopefully pre-running on Friday morning. Are there any other major places where caution should be used on the course. I will keep my eye out at mile 11 for what you are talking about.

MDR #112

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
The course is same as last year except for the spots I mentioned. We split into two groups and I only marked the second half. The course notes mention drop offs at mile 1.5 and 3.8 and again at 28.3 and 29.8. But in disscusion after marking the course the section after the wash was the only area we felt was bad. Of course I am in a 2wd wanna-be race truck..lol

I hope to be there friday about 6.
(damn I'm up late)

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
We will DEFINITELY be up there Friday in full camping mode! Can't wait. I need to get away! We were unable to go out and mark this past weekend due to a family emergency otherwise we'd have fully detailed notes for you all (I even got a tape recorder so that I wouldn't have to try and decipher my writing...ever try writing on a race course at a decent clip???). Starting with NEXT race we should be able to provide that service to racers again this season. See you all out there!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

PatrickG

Reaction
I will be heading up there on Friday afternoon. A side note does anyone know if you are able to have camp fires out there. Thanks

Patrick

frankh

Reaction
We pre-ran Sunday. There are alot of thing to watch for. the second sand wash is pretty tight. there are a couple of v-shaped holes. we'll be there thursday. I think if you finish you will be doing good. 7 laps will take a toll on the car. Also may have a lot of flats, do to the new section has a lot of rocks around and as pat stated it's a motorcycle trail ( or least right now, not after the race).

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The motorcycle trails will be good for you 4-wheel guys!!! It will build you character. Try not too wreck them...they are endangered. Ha, Ha.

Better yet, if there is a way to round or knock the whoop-de-doos down, that would be nice. Year after year of motorcycle desert racing just builds those bad boys up. It gets harder and harder for my fat ass to not get pumped after miles of 'em. Maybe I am just getting old.

Have fun and be safe!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tyson

Reaction
we'll (my son, chick and myself) will be headed up friday afternoon, and camping with Andrews racing. Any word (for sure) as to where you'll be JC?

Laterz

Tyson
YOTAPUNK</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
It looks like I will have an empty seat when I prerun early Friday morning. If anyone would like to go for a ride get a hold of me and we'll make plans..

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
i would be going, but once again race dates changed from when i had to submit my vacation request for 2002(last october) to now. i now have a saturday off later this month...boy this sucks!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
MarCourt Racing will be there. We are planning on pre-running on Friday afternoon.

MDR # 1001

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
84 entries as of today, should be good time. I'll bring a tow strap. lol

Jack

Reaction
I will be up there Thursday night, we will be setup as close to the RR tracks as possible with JeepSpeed.

desertracer

Reaction
After going to the MDR sight tonight and looking at the course notes it says that the lap is only going to be 35 miles. I thought it was 40 miles. Can anybody clarify?

MDR #112

JCA

Reaction
I read in an earlier post in this thread that the course changed a little due to a closed area. Maybe that is the diffrence. Fish and TY I am not sure where we are camping. I have not been there before. I will cross that bridge when I get there sometime Thursday. See everyone there.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Course changed a little around mile 20. actual milage is 35.5 helped mark course last satruday.