MDR season videos

JCA

Reaction
I would have to say ouch on the price. I would have to see some footage and if it turned out that it was just footage from each race that any spectator could get I would have to say somebody is getting greedy. I know it is 8 hrs but it would just be footage in someones personnel stash and it still fits on to one tape that cost the same as another tape what up? Don't be greedy and it will sell. Promote it so we can see what we are buying. For the time being I'll pass.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
It may cost 50 bones but you get 11 times the footage of DP for only twice the price. 8 hours of footage had to take some serious time to put together. I like DP but I thought it was short for the price. Just my 2 cents.

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

blazersracing

Reaction
Thanks, Kris. I knew that I would get some complaints about the cost. J.C., I understand what your saying, but I am not just a spectator. I have been filming off-road races for 6 years and I know what kind of footage people like to see. Lots of people in here have seen my work. In fact, the 3rd most popular video that is downloaded from RDC is my clip of Robby Gordon almost putting his Toyota on its lid. If anyone else cares to back me up, feel free at any time.
I have worked for the past week trying to get this tape edited for all to see. I sell each one of the races for $20 on 1 tape. Now that I got all 6(thats right 6 races on 1 tape) I think it would be unfair to sell it for anything less. Hopefully there are others out there who feel the same way as Kritter. Thanks again.

Brian Fenton
BLAZERSRACING VIDEO PRODUCTIONS.
(760) 947-1672

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I'll back you up Brian,
Having to find a decent filming spot is a lot harder than just going out and shooting at a road crossing. For example, at this years primm i walked, yes walked, 15 miles searching for a decent shooting spot and ironically enough i ended up where about 5 other photographers and couple of other video people where at ( they drove in). Laughlin 2 years ago, i walked the whole top section of the loop (hwy-hwy), but there i did find a couple of good spots. So just finding a spot let alone getting to it is part of the problem.
Next, you have to worry about your camera equipment. Over the 5+ years i've been filming, i've gone through about 4 video cameras (dust, rocks, cars getting too close to me (hehehe), etc) even if they are the cheapest kind, which mine weren't, it adds up.
Next, you have to have some kind of editing system, although you can simply just use 2 vcr's the job is done alot easier and faster with some higher level $$$$ equipment.
Oh yeah, you'll prolly miss most, if not all, of the race. Unless you enjoy viewing the race through a black and white 1"x1" square (the viewfinder).
Then you still have to worry about selling your product!
And im not even going to get started with business licenses, shooting permits, soundtracks and copyright laws.
Actually i think this is the last youll hear from www.stuck-throttle.com. It's nearly impossible for a one man team to do all of it for himself. Im going to concentrate of school for a while an see what happens further down the line. But who knows.
So. Buy the Blazersracing tapes buy the DP tape buy the Stuck Throttle tape SUPPORT YOUR SPORT

victor fabian
www.stuck-throttle.com

EQuin

Reaction
It's hard for a spectating couch potato fan like myself to fully appreciate all the work that goes into filming, making and marketing the videos. However, I sure do enjoy watching them. I've shown Victor's Stuck-Throttle videos to some of my mud-bogging friends in North Texas who've never seen off-road racing, and they loved the footage.

I noticed that the local Pep Boys in the Dallas area sells drag racing, car crash and even sand drag videos. I talked to one of the managers about selling off-road racing videos, and even tried to show him Victor's video, but there's this perception, according to the manager, that off-road racing videos won't sell due to the rest of the country's lack of proximity to the action. I don't know if that's true or not, but I tend to disagree with that view. Sand drag videos are sold in this area where such events are very far indeed. There's just too much good action not to get hooked on this sport. I believe that if motor sport enthusiasts were given more of a chance to view some of the off-road racing footage, these videos would sell well throughout the country. If that were to ever happen, then maybe production label companies could provide adequate financing to the film-maker entrepeneurs, and help keep the price down with volume sales throughout the motor sport fan market.

Anyway, I plan to add to my modest collection of off-road racing videos. So please keep them coming folks! And Victor, I hope you plan on making more videos when you finish school!

Take care,

Ed Q.

JCA

Reaction
Instead of me being a half empty kind of guy on my post (my first post) let me turn it around like I should have done and try to always do and be a half full kind of guy.

new post to replace the first one:

Brian, are you going to display the video anywhere so that when I see the high quality of the tape I will be able to purchase it. I am not familure with your work and $50.00 is a lot for a tape not knowing quality. SCORE sells a 3 race set for $99.00 and everyone has their own thoughts on quality there. So 6 races and 8 hrs, the price is not bad if the quality is high. What kind of music did you use? I have a 5 and 3 yr old that watch the tapes more than I, would they be able to watch the videos with the sound up.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Jimmy8

Reaction
Sounds to me that with all those races on 1 tape for $50.00 you may just be breaking even, considering all of the man hours of editing and filming that went in.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Brians videos are well worth the money. Where else are you going to get 8 hrs of vidoe on one tape. I own quite a few(stopped getting them when we stopped racing) and all you see is race footage. All cars at all races. I don't think he adds music which is the way I prefer to watch them. I like to hear the cars. I just watched DP again and the sound track does grow on you. It is a well thought out sound track. At $50.00 thats only $6.25 per hour. Isn't that minimum wage or close to it?

IMHO its worth the money if you like the MDR races. This was not a paid advertisement although I would accept a free video!!!