MDR update

Reaction
I think that is what a lot of the people on here are saying... It's just they want it to apply to the spectators.

As I've said any times, they should, but again, two (or more) wrongs never make a right.

Bro_Gill

Reaction

Only if you hit and run, like the guy that ran down and killed a Phoenix Police officer a few days ago.
How is this even used in the context of Sloppy's crash? Did he hit and run? -NO- Was it intentional? -NO- Was it criminal? -NO-

We know when we do anything, anything can go wrong. Some things are safer than others.

And standing on a race course would be one of the unsafest things a spectator could choose to do. More dangerous than the racer strapping themselves into the race car.

Driving on the freeway, in the desert, or in a motorsports venue, we evaluate and accept certain risks.

We also accept certain expectations. like, spectators won't be standing en mass on the course when we go through it.

Common decency, and state laws, insist that we exhibit at least a minimum level of financial responsibility through personal liability and property damage through mandatory insurance requirements before we can operate a vehicle on the dedicted public roadways.

Acceptance of one's responsibility in life is tantamount, in any event.

Yet you seem to want to transfer much more of the blame on the person who was participating in the event rather than those who were standing in the way of it.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
i'm actually pretty embarassed that this is still going on.

I too have read every post in this thread, looking at all points of view, and our resident curmudgeon has made some of you think. Good.

I still have to take the stance that there can be no blame placed upon sloppy, mdr, or blm. Those people who were injured/died made the conscientious decision to stand there.

Look, if i wanted to stand of the side of the 5 freeway and watch cars go by....and a motorist blew a tire and took me out....would i sue the dmv? Nhtsa? Cal-trans? Of course not, none of them made me stand there, that was my doing. Would i sue the driver who had an equipment failure? No, of course not, because if i had not been there....

Think about it.

perfect!!!!! Seriously!!

bighad

Reaction
3 years tomorrow...my thoughts for all those affected. I stopped by the memorial site at slash yesterday...it all looks good

bighad

Reaction
Pics...

Attachments

• 2013-08-12_12-18-39_949.jpg
    2013-08-12_12-18-39_949.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 2013-08-12_12-18-01_908.jpg
    2013-08-12_12-18-01_908.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 93

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Thanks to Craig Hall from R&I Metals for fabbing the memorial, Kevin Davis from Green Army for the plants/trees, Ahern Rentals for the equipment, numerous volunteers and other companies that helped Fast-Aid get this installed I may have forgotten from a couple years ago.

Also, thanks the Slash-X family for donating the parcel for this memorial.

LRS1972

Reaction
3 years tomorrow...my thoughts for all those affected. I stopped by the memorial site at slash yesterday...it all looks good

Please drop your lawsuit and take responsibility for your choice to stand too close to an active race course.

J Prich

Reaction
Please drop your lawsuit and take responsibility for your choice to stand too close to an active race course.

It's been three years. Time to let it go. That fight has been had probably twice a year at least every year since the accident. Pointless to keep rehashing the same stuff and arguing for the sake of arguing. There are plenty of take aways from what happened that night, it's time to move on.

bighad

Reaction
some people have a hard time letting go...I still don't know what the exact issue is with me. I am one of many people engaged in this whole mess..a mess I am sure everyone wishes they weren't in..but we cannot turn the clock backwards. some day this will all be behind us..all of us. It is funny to me, and actually a learning experience..of just how quick judgment gets passed without actually knowing the who's or why's. Looking back in life, I suppose I too was guilty of such behaviors. Today is a day to reflect on that night..to pay respects to the memories of those who perished..it is not the day to hash up lawsuit filth or any other personal agenda driven negativity. There is a time and a place, if you have manners or class for that matter..today is not the day. To learn one must have an open mind..never forget this...the stories and the changed lives from that night are plentiful..some tragic..some heroic...the directions it has forced people to go in...I just hope all affected are doing better..I would love to know how others are doing myself. I can see some still have a deep black hole where a heart should live...that's a shame.....

Pee Wee

Reaction
More useless blabber from a useless source.

Guess that means I have a black hole for a heart.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Bighad is a joke. He comes on here sounding all sad and wanting sympathy, yet he is one of the current ones with a lawsuit!! What a joke.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
RDC is a Really Dwelling Community .. good luck "letting it go"

NIKAL

Reaction
some people have a hard time letting go...I still don't know what the exact issue is with me. I am one of many people engaged in this whole mess..a mess I am sure everyone wishes they weren't in..but we cannot turn the clock backwards. some day this will all be behind us..all of us. It is funny to me, and actually a learning experience..of just how quick judgment gets passed without actually knowing the who's or why's. Looking back in life, I suppose I too was guilty of such behaviors. Today is a day to reflect on that night..to pay respects to the memories of those who perished..it is not the day to hash up lawsuit filth or any other personal agenda driven negativity. There is a time and a place, if you have manners or class for that matter..today is not the day. To learn one must have an open mind..never forget this...the stories and the changed lives from that night are plentiful..some tragic..some heroic...the directions it has forced people to go in...I just hope all affected are doing better..I would love to know how others are doing myself. I can see some still have a deep black hole where a heart should live...that's a shame.....

The reason so many have a hard time letting go. Is the fact that the actions of a few (Who have yet to want to take responsibility for their actions!) have changed off-road racing forever! In fact the repercussions from those few not only changed off-road racing forever, it ultimatly killed racing in Plaster City, which was not even where the accident happened.

So while you want all to forgive, move on and forget, the fact that a few people's poor choices that night changed/ruined off-road racing for many, forever and that is not easy to forget! I think it might have been easier for people to forgive & forget if those who chose to sue, the BLM, MDR, Brett and whoever else they were able to drag into this mess, did not do so. More people are forgiving when you take responsibilty. Personally I think those parents/gaudrians who had minors there at that location and were involved in the accident, should have been prosecuted by the State of California for Child Endangerment. I also think those involved who were intoxicated should not have a legal right to sue anyone.

arqangel67

Reaction

STFU!!!!!
Nobody wants to here what you have to say even if you taken responsibility for you actions and admit to being a degenerate idiot.

slvrbullet

Reaction
"The reason so many have a hard time letting go. Is the fact that the actions of a few (Who have yet to want to take responsibility for their actions!) have changed off-road racing forever! In fact the repercussions from those few not only changed off-road racing forever, it ultimatly killed racing in Plaster City, which was not even where the accident happened.

So while you want all to forgive, move on and forget, the fact that a few people's poor choices that night changed/ruined off-road racing for many, forever and that is not easy to forget! I think it might have been easier for people to forgive & forget if those who chose to sue, the BLM, MDR, Brett and whoever else they were able to drag into this mess, did not do so. More people are forgiving when you take responsibilty. Personally I think those parents/gaudrians who had minors there at that location and were involved in the accident, should have been prosecuted by the State of California for Child Endangerment. I also think those involved who were intoxicated should not have a legal right to sue anyone."

Well said. I was standing less than 20 feet from the accident I suffer PTSD from it years later. I take responsibility for being on a live race course. I wish others would do the same but for whatever reasons maybe greed, 15 minutes of fame being on T.V. show, is just to much to much for some to do the right ethical an morale thing.

Jangaard

Reaction
The reason so many have a hard time letting go. Is the fact that the actions of a few (Who have yet to want to take responsibility for their actions!) have changed off-road racing forever! In fact the repercussions from those few not only changed off-road racing forever, it ultimatly killed racing in Plaster City, which was not even where the accident happened.

So while you want all to forgive, move on and forget, the fact that a few people's poor choices that night changed/ruined off-road racing for many, forever and that is not easy to forget! I think it might have been easier for people to forgive & forget if those who chose to sue, the BLM, MDR, Brett and whoever else they were able to drag into this mess, did not do so. More people are forgiving when you take responsibilty. Personally I think those parents/gaudrians who had minors there at that location and were involved in the accident, should have been prosecuted by the State of California for Child Endangerment. I also think those involved who were intoxicated should not have a legal right to sue anyone.

Well said.

Ryan_P

Reaction

If yesterday wasn't an appropriate day to talk about it, when is it?

I can tell you this, after what I saw that night, I have never felt the same behind the wheel of an off-road car. I jumped over some crazy idiot at the Baja 1000 two year ago, think that was un-nerving?

I pray for all those involved, but at some point, people need to take fault for their actions. If you stood 5 feet from a race course, you are at risk and fault for what may happen.