MDR update

bighad

Reaction
I think I only stand one ground..i will not insult the dead or their loved ones. I think the lawsuits are numerous. Now what I know..MDR had an event...had the ability to do a lot of things different...like warn people and have enough staff to control people who have a legal right to be in the desert too! I know there are those who..through experience..make choices based on lifes experiences..and since the zero tolerance BLM blessed an event..well..knowing the BLM..it must be a controlled event..right? Oh, that's different. Yes..Brett did know for miles beforehand people were there..yes he f word did..and no..there was nothing on his truck that failed to my knowledge..nothing! The truck performed as driver input dictated. Are the fans..the very people you all big off road buffs scream you need to raise money..get coverage..are they all so stupid? Its a lopsided debate..one filled with personal abomination of responsibilities....you want the money..but not the dumb fans...sponsors want customers..a return on their investment...it is you who drive your sponsors away through this hollier than thou kill people oh well attitudes...you hold the fate..others..well lots of people are being or originally got sued just for being there..or getting hurt..and yet..your solution....F them..they deserved it...yes friends..go on about me..because I actually speak up a time or too..and through it all...I have never slammed the sport..but page after page slams at me...bwaahaaahaaa...read your own 3rd grade thinking..P dailey..mr fast aid founder...put his cause in the media..did all this..and in the end he crap talks the purpose his organization supposedly is here to help...well dailey..why help anyone? I mean..if a driver crashes..has o medical..he is a dumbass to even put himself in that situation..isn't he? on your thinking...your a disgrace to your fast aid group...idiot...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I think I only stand one ground..i will not insult the dead or their loved ones. I think the lawsuits are numerous. Now what I know..MDR had an event...had the ability to do a lot of things different...like warn people and have enough staff to control people who have a legal right to be in the desert too! I know there are those who..through experience..make choices based on lifes experiences..and since the zero tolerance BLM blessed an event..well..knowing the BLM..it must be a controlled event..right? Oh, that's different. Yes..Brett did know for miles beforehand people were there..yes he f word did..and no..there was nothing on his truck that failed to my knowledge..nothing! The truck performed as driver input dictated. Are the fans..the very people you all big off road buffs scream you need to raise money..get coverage..are they all so stupid? Its a lopsided debate..one filled with personal abomination of responsibilities....you want the money..but not the dumb fans...sponsors want customers..a return on their investment...it is you who drive your sponsors away through this hollier than thou kill people oh well attitudes...you hold the fate..others..well lots of people are being or originally got sued just for being there..or getting hurt..and yet..your solution....F them..they deserved it...yes friends..go on about me..because I actually speak up a time or too..and through it all...I have never slammed the sport..but page after page slams at me...bwaahaaahaaa...read your own 3rd grade thinking..P dailey..mr fast aid founder...put his cause in the media..did all this..and in the end he crap talks the purpose his organization supposedly is here to help...well dailey..why help anyone? I mean..if a driver crashes..has o medical..he is a dumbass to even put himself in that situation..isn't he? on your thinking...your a disgrace to your fast aid group...idiot...

If I was still a mod I would ban you for being a complete idiot. I REALLY REALLY hope you don't ever win a penny in your lawsuits because you are a joke. If I was a lawyer I would sue you just for standing next to a live race track and getting hurt and trying to make $$ off it. Please do us all a favor and take up a different hobby, not anything to do with offroad. Perhaps Bridge.

arqangel67

Reaction

I thought I told you to STFU, Already!!! I am an open minded person have read all that you have posted but have yet to see anywhere you have claimed full responsibility for your STUPID borderline RETARDED actions, you and only you are inflaming the situation and making it worse. You are the worst case scenario that can come from such a tragedy and should be ashamed of yourself for even talking about it considering you now only care about the money. So again, STFU and this time go away and I mean for good.

aiiraciing

Reaction
Brett did know for miles beforehand people were there..yes he f word did..and no..there was nothing on his truck that failed to my knowledge..nothing! The truck performed as driver input dictated.
Wait, hold on. Are you saying that Brett meant to drive his truck into the crowd killing 8 people that night? Are you PHUCKING delusional

How the hell is this A$$hole allowed on this site

aiiraciing

Reaction
Brett did know for miles beforehand people were there..yes he f word did..

YOU also knew for miles beforehand that truck's were coming yet you didn't move, but it's only his fault not your's

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
First , before anybody gives another dime to fast aid, think about our defense fund that will support counter suits against those that threaten us and our sport.
Why are you suggesting that people withhold donating to Fast-Aid? Is there a specific reason that FA is singled out here?

dwasser

Reaction
Bingo. Won't see him admit that though. It would hurt his big fat settlement he's trying to get...

Maybe I should file a suit against him. We worked our asses off for over two years to try to create a safe series in Plaster City. His actions had a direct effect on us having the make the decision to pull the plug. It wasn't the only reason but it added about $20k per race reasons to it. Stay the **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** of the course. When someone pays for a permit they own the ground until the event is over. This guy needs to stop saying he had the right to stand there. He's just baiting all you to fuel his case in court. Sure he will print out all these responses and use them as evidence in court that the off road community is heartless.

Stop taking the bait.

BajaFand

Reaction
1450 trucks always start near the back of the field. So didn't the 50 vehicles that came through before the 1450 trucks give you an indication that there was an F-ing race going on and maybe you should get out of the damn way?????? It's not like Sloppy was the first car through, everyone there knew there was a race going on well before the accident happened.

Out of all of this you still won't answer the question. WHY WERE YOU STANDING SO CLOSE TO THE COURSE?

I suspect you know the real answer to that question, therefore you will never answer it here. What lie are you going to use when they ask you that question in court?

Pee Wee

Reaction

More babble from the master of useless babble.
Lots of cool dots though.
This is the rant from a guy who put himself and his family in danger and by the grace of whoever you believe in was spared for some reason and looks to blame the universe for his stupidity.

JoeyD23

Reaction
Nothing closes around here, unless you say something bad about Mad-Mafia and or Joey D'Soprano and his UTV nation take over the World empire bbwwhaaaaaaaaaa

No thread has EVER been closed on my behalf. EVER. Golf cart jokes everywhere. lol your jokes don't effect my wallet! If your talking about it, that's all that matters... Now back to the dumping on bighad

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Lets make this thread about Puppy's and Kittens...

My wife resqued a kitten last year, but sadly when we were in LaPaz last year for the 1000 the kitten was let out and got eatin by a Cyote. We now have a kitten that will be a year old next week. Our puppy's are getting pretty old.

How old are your kitty's and puppy's?

BHollander

Reaction

I really am speechless. I have a couple serious questions for you. First Why are you dragging Fast-Aid through the dirt? Why are you bringing up P Dailey in a negative way? I know several people behind Fast-Aid and P Dailey. All are great people and do nothing but help our sport. Second Do you stand on the side of the freeway? If you do than I am truly sorry you were never taught any better. But this is not the fault of MDR, BLM, Brett or any other off-road racer or enthusiast. As a race car driver I know first hand that anything can happen at any moment. Have you ever hydroplaned on a rainy day? Would you stand on the side of the freeway on a rainy day? That's why we pay the entry fees we do to race an organized event where they tell you to stay off the coarse. We also do like fans but trust me I do not race for the fans I race because it is something I love to do. I enjoy contingency because the fans can come see the equipment up close and personal safely. These days people lack so much common sense. This is why our country is struggling. People feel everything is owed to them. What happen to the $-it happens attitude that our fathers and grandfathers had? If you need money then bust your arse and make it. I am not trying to make light of the situation but be thankful you are here to stir crap on RDC. But do it respectfully. My biggest fear as a driver is making contact with a fan every time I strap in I worry about it whether I am testing or racing and I am not alone. Accidents do happen and they are very unfortunate. I see accidents on my way to work constantly this does not mean they were intentional. And some of the victims from accidents seek free money as well. Law suits are not the answer to anything. Do you think everything will be perfect in life with a little money or free money? Will money bring back any lost loved ones? I am here to tell you that it wont. Some of the wealthiest people I know are unhappy yet some of my close friends that struggle check to check are happy as can be. So just my .02 in regards to the stupidity you express on this forum. I am sorry you feel it is everybody else to blame. Oh ya third question are you in a lawsuit with the shoe company that made the shoes you were wearing or any of the other clothing you were wearing for that matter? Maybe you should sue your parents for giving birth to you or even the Dr. that delivered you or possibly the clinic for not giving your parents a free form of birth control. Too bad Obamacare wasn't around then huh. Hey one last question did you get your free cell phone? If you did you probably tried to sue Obama when the battery died huh. Ok my rant is over. I cannot wait till 11-8-16 NOBAMA just my .02

JoeyD23

Reaction
Lets make this thread about Puppy's and Kittens...

My wife resqued a kitten last year, but sadly when we were in LaPaz last year for the 1000 the kitten was let out and got eatin by a Cyote. We now have a kitten that will be a year old next week. Our puppy's are getting pretty old.

How old are your kitty's and puppy's?

My puppy got loose..... ran towards the road..... a car ran it over.....So I shot bighad a pm and got his lawyers info.....Time to get paid.....…….........................dot........dot.......dot.......pistol Pete........dot...............

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
The following two legal terms will be the core of this case... Please read them both. Think about what they say. Especially the second one...

comparative negligence n. a rule of law applied in accident cases to determine responsibility and damages based on the negligence of every party directly involved in the accident. For a simple example, Eddie Leadfoot, the driver of one automobile is speeding and Rudy Airhead, the driver of an oncoming car has failed to signal and starts to turn left, incorrectly judging Leadfoot's speed. A crash ensues in which Airhead is hurt. Airhead's damage recovery will be reduced by the percentage his failure to judge Leadfoot's speed contributed to or caused the accident. Most cases are not as simple, and the formulas to figure out, attribute, and compare negligence often make assessment of damages problematical and difficult, if not downright subjective. Not all states use comparative negligence (California is a fairly recent convert), and some states still use contributory negligence which denies recovery to any party whose negligence has added to the cause of the accident in any way. Contributory negligence is often so unfair that juries tend to ignore it.

contributory negligence
n. a doctrine of common law that if a person was injured in part due to his/her own negligence (his/her negligence "contributed" to the accident), the injured party would not be entitled to collect any damages (money) from another party who supposedly caused the accident. Under this rule, a badly injured person who was only slightly negligent could not win in court against a very negligent defendant. If Joe Tosspot were driving drunk and speeding and Angela Comfort were going 25 m.p.h. but six inches over the center-line, most likely Angela would be precluded from any recovery (receiving any money for injuries or damages) from a car crash. The possible unfair results have led some juries to ignore the rule and, in the past few decades, most states have adopted a comparative negligence test in which the relative percentages of negligence by each person are used to determine damage recovery (how much money would be paid to the injured person.)

arqangel67

Reaction
I need to get out the good Ol' Black's Law Book and freshen up some.

Reaction
...the core of this case...

comparative negligence n. a rule of law applied in accident cases to determine responsibility and damages based on the negligence of every party directly involved in the accident. (California is a fairly recent convert)

Contributory negligence is often so unfair that juries tend to ignore it.

contributory negligence n. a doctrine of common law that if a person was injured in part due to his/her own negligence (his/her negligence "contributed" to the accident), the injured party would not be entitled to collect any damages (money) from another party who supposedly caused the accident.

How do you think the courts will assign responsibility, by percentages, in a particular suit?

BLM, MDR, Patricia, Brett, individual plaintiff, any and all additional defendants?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
How do you think the courts will assign responsibility, by percentages, in a particular suit?

BLM, MDR, Patricia, Brett, individual plaintiff, any and all additional defendants?
Honestly that would depend on how smart their lawyers all are. It's my guess that since the blm has the deepest pockets they will have good counsel and the suits against the other less well funded defendants will copy the BLM atty arguments.

I've spoken about this with lawyers already. My father and a couple others. This could actually net the plaintiffs zero if it goes to court. The defendants have really good cases. The plaintiffs are hoping to settle without going to court and will likely end up with some low ball offer they get.

But, I've not heard anyone's depositions or the plaintiffs arguments and without that, giving an opinion on percentages would be giving an unfounded opinion.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Wow this thread trully needs to be deleted not closed deleted. The only thing I learned was Pat Dailey started Fast aid and I always thought it was J-Rod the rest is useless.