• Forum membership has its advantages....

MDR's California 200 Course...

JenDiggityDirt

MDR\'s California 200 Course...

Well, after a grueling day in the hot Lucerne sun (not that it would be a cold sun) the California 200 course has been marked. The first half is damn fast and there's a lot of straightaways. The second half is a bit rougher. We will have some course notes up on prerunners.com hopefully by Sunday evening. Monday at the lastest. All in all it's a fast, fast, FAST course and I think everyone's going to really like it.
P.S. It was cool ruynning into (not literally) Wayne Nosala and Brad Inch!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

gary

Re: MDR\'s California 200 Course...

i've never been to a nite race before, but i am seriously looking forward to it. i won't be able to leave here (oc) til like 6pm-am i gonna make it okay????anybody else got a crappy job that they can't get the day off for, and wanna caravan up kinda late?? any particularly good spots to view from?? (i've only been to mdr races in the barstow area...) can i ask any more questions???????????

SuperDave

CORRECTION !!!!!!

The MDR night race starts at 6:00 PM Saturday night instead of 7:00 PM. This is a last minute change due to course changes. The course is 43.1 miles per lap. 215.5 total miles.

Dave

JenDiggityDirt

Gary, you can hang with your fellow prerunner people about 3 miles in. I'll have detailed directions on where to find us on our site later this weekend (with the course notes).

Greg

Looks like its time to use all that vacation and sick pay Gary. You know after 2 hours it's not a "sick" day, so around noon fake some illness and drive straight to the course. Now I see why they didn't like me there.

Greg

kurt

Is the 6pm start time for sure? Just pulled the new map & course notes from the MDR site and it says 7pm start with an 8 hour time limit - anybody know for sure?

Wayne_Nosala

Hey Gang.
I just got back from Lucerne
due to the length of the course,
Paul & Patricia changed the start time for the race from
7:00 to 6:00pm, the decision was made late yesterday aftrenoon(saturday)
They said to let everyone know.
the web site is probably not updated with it yet

It was nice to chat with Jen & put faces to some more people who post
here :)

Brad & I did 2 laps yesterday, one last night, one this morning,
track has a lotta WFO kinda stuff !
Wayne

gary

that was my first thought, but i found out that two of my fellow employees are calling in sick that day. let's see, there's usually 5 of us in the department, minus 2 leaves only 3, and i wanna leave early??? i'm gonna need to be bleeding to get outta there. anybody wanna pose as a family member, and call in a family emergency for me, about noon??? i'll be there, just a bit late....

kurt

Wayne - from the map it looks like alot of this course is same as the Kartek 400 (which was fast) but going the opposite direction, unfortunately due to my being out of town I won't be able to pre-run till Friday, any other details you have would be great - - - Also thanks in advance to Jen & Prerunners for the course description, always does a great job.

SuperDave

IT'S BACK TO 7:00 PM !!!

Evidently there were some doubts that we couldn't get the word out to everyone early enough to anounce the 6:00 PM start, so we're sticking with 7:00 PM. With that said, the race will end at 3:30 AM.

Dave

JenDiggityDirt

Course notes are now up on prerunners.com. Good luck to everyone! We're going to set up a big camp near mile marker 3 so come hang with us if you're not racing!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -

Those are great notes! Jen you and Greg do an awesome job and I know everyone who doesn't get a chance to prerun thanks you..

Tony

kurt

Confirmed with Patricia at MDR this morning - 7 pm start time - and 8 hour time-limit, starting when you leave the line. Thanks Jen, Greg and Pre-runners for the course notes - see ya all there.