measuring wheel travel

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
what is the best way to measure wheel travel? Im putting new a arms on my tacoma by camburg, They claim 13in of travel and im cycling mine and im almost to 12in and i havent even limited it. could i be measuring wrong? I am doing it buy measuring the top and bottom of the hub from the ground and jacking it up to full compression (simulating the space of the bumpstops that arent in yet) So am i just not measuring right or what because i figure ill only be getting about 11in of travel when its all limited? I know exact #s arent really important but Im just trying to figure it out.
Thanks
Brandon

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
btw does it make a difference that the tires are not on? i know the tires wont really increase the radius of the travel motion but what about weight on spindle?

Dillon

Reaction
I'd wait till you have everything in place and done with (including tires, but I doubt it makes a difference), cuz that will be realistic real life conditions becasue that is how you will be driving the truck.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I'd say put the tire on. That way you can stop the travel before the tire goes through the fenderwell. Also with the tire on you can watch the camber better. Jack it all the way up and measure from the top of the rim and drop it all the way down.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Blocks of wood work good on the jack just be careful they are centered pretty much.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society