Mens Journal does Glamis

Tim_Price

In the March issue of Mens Journal there's a thin, condescending article on Glamis titled "The Wildest Place In America", or "Why would 170,000 people spend the weekend in a sorry stretch of California desert?", in which off roaders and off roading families are characterized as slack jawed, unthinking, resource wasting, law breaking, endangered species crushing, halter top dropping, thrill seeking, fire setting, hooligans. Anyone else see it?

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
NO, but I have been called worse, by better.......

Start drinking till you see double and act single

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
letters@mensjournal.com

email the editor.

Here is the excerpt from the page

"66 THE WILDEST PLACE IN AMERICA Why would 170,000 people spend the weekend in a sorry stretch of California desert? So they can drive whatever they want, wherever they want, as fast as they want. A fearless, fiery ride through the Imperial Sand Dunes. BY HAMPTON SIDES"

Notice the manly columnist's name...could they have got anybody more gay to do the article!!! Must have been a real puss to not enjoy glamis. Horsepower, boobs, booze...what man would turn that down!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

martininsocal

Mens Journal is just am=nother rag that was finacially supported by Outside. It is an attempt to "soften" the desires of "Mens" so they will conform to the social-enviro thinking about the planet. I have written many letters to dispute information that they report, like the "Wilderness Hotels" article that supplies information on wilderness cabins and lodges to stay at for a connection in wilderness. It is False Advertising because it is a against federal law for land to be designated wilderness if it has any improvements by man. They like to call it wilderness so the general public will be duped into believing that wilderness does not have the restrictions placed on access that it does. They also did an article about "Trekking through the Desert" with our buddy Daniel Patterson of the Center for Bilogical Diversity which had him and a few other nut cases walking through the North Algodones Dunes in the Summer. It was pretty funny, the highlight of the trip was petrified beetle urine found by one of the hikers...

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

drtdevil93

hmmm... what color was the fossil? how old? mayby an offroader ran the beetle over and it pissed itself. someone should investigate.

erik

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
well it seems likwill encourage all my friends and there dads not to buy or read. ill stick to stuff, maxim, and fhm for the articles of course.

gregg

martininsocal

Erik- it was really funny. The beetle piss was found next to a coke can that had "killed" about a half dozen beetles who had entered the can to consume some Coke. They talked about all the damage that the dunebuggies and wild offroaders had done to the area. I wonder why the beetles are so attracted to human foods if they are so dangerous? Sounds like Darwinistic genetic cleansing to me.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Glamis goers dont drink Coke!!! Must have been a hiker!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>