• Forum membership has its advantages....

Menzies

Wondering if he’s waiting out all the rules changes that are going on in short course...their Pro2 was up for sale in the offseason but looks like they still have it in their shop based on his recent Instagram videos.

He’s coveted a Baja 1000 win for some time now; could be that he wants to keep his full focus on finally winning that later this yeae as well.

An up-date here.
Mason Off Road has purchased Bryces Pro 2. Thanks to Menzies for an awesome truck.
Dave Mason Jr. will be racing the truck in the 2020 Season. Competing in all of the Lucas Oil Series events. We will be competing in one race in 2019. The Lucas Oil Cup Race the seasons final race in Phoenix in October. Stay tuned for sponsorship announcements and updates regarding future Mason Off Roads efforts.

acers

An up-date here.
Mason Off Road has purchased Bryces Pro 2. Thanks to Menzies for an awesome truck.
Dave Mason Jr. will be racing the truck in the 2020 Season. Competing in all of the Lucas Oil Series events. We will be competing in one race in 2019. The Lucas Oil Cup Race the seasons final race in Phoenix in October. Stay tuned for sponsorship announcements and updates regarding future Mason Off Roads efforts.
Bring the beast to crandon labor day weekend.

sb4pro

An up-date here.
Dave I gotta agree with Acers you need to really try to make Crandon . I know it’s a long haul and all the expenses and stuff but it’s the 50th at Crandon I know you all would love it

We would love to make it to Crandon.
We raced the Pro Buggy there 2 years ago and had a great time. Crandon is very special for sure. However we are a So. Cal contracting company and really cranking through the end of the year. Full season next year and Crandon are the plan.
We will have to wait to make it back to Short Course's greatest show on Dirt until next year.

dbq61537

I wonder if this is Sponsor Driven? You aren’t seeing a lot (if any), Red Bull signage, or side sponsorship at Short Course events.

I wonder if this is Sponsor Driven? You aren’t seeing a lot (if any), Red Bull signage, or side sponsorship at Short Course events.
Seems like there's a good chance of this. Even recently it looked to me like he was pulling more sponsorship from elsewhere (prominently, KMC wheels) in his short course program, so perhaps the money isn't there. Red Bull has cut back on the stuff it promotes in the last couple of years. Obviously sponsorship has been diminishing across the board in short course.

y2kbaja

Seems like there's a good chance of this. Even recently it looked to me like he was pulling more sponsorship from elsewhere (prominently, KMC wheels) in his short course program, so perhaps the money isn't there. Red Bull has cut back on the stuff it promotes in the last couple of years. Obviously sponsorship has been diminishing across the board in short course.
really? have you watch WRC on Red Bull TV? 1) live coverage for 3 days, 2) Every single driver or car is sponsored by Red Bull.

really? have you watch WRC on Red Bull TV? 1) live coverage for 3 days, 2) Every single driver or car is sponsored by Red Bull.
They still promote a lot, but WRT short course truck racing the portfolio is rather thin. There isn't exactly a backlog of tv providers waiting to televise the Midwest league, for example, but their flirtation with it appears to be over. And the Frozen Rush isn't there, either. Menzies was the guy they actually sponsored, and... no Menzies.

Even a company as free with their sponsorship money as Red Bull doesn't appear to be interested in the sport right now. It's kinda discouraging.