Mercedes sprinter van. Looking for input

blue dog

Reaction
Been contemplating adding a Mercedes Sprinter van to the stable.

Interested in the 170" wheel base high roof 2500 crew van with 3.0 diesel. Far as I can tell, the engine and drivetrain are solid , they are pricey for what you get, power windows, stereo and A/C = same price as a full size ram diesel 4x4 loaded. The 4x4 sprinters are hard to come by in the configuration I want and the additional cost is a lot. Seems there is a waiting list for the 4x4 units, and not many in Southern California.
I have driven a few of them, they drive nice, have plenty of get up and go, seem to get descent fuel mileage.
Only thing I did not like we're the standard seats, not comfortable at all and would need to be upgraded.
So, anyone around these parts own one, or have experience to share regarding these vans ?
The long beach dealer has 2 in the configuration and colors I like, but they will not deal at all. Walters in Riverside has a good selection, and a dealer in Vegas has good supply in all configurations.
So, what say you Race-Dezert ?

blue dog

Reaction
Thanks Ramsey. Thought you had a sportsmobile ?

Reaction
I have a five Ford E-Series 4X4 Sportsmobiles and the Sprinter. My company, Agile Off-Road specializes in Overlanding Vans and 4X4 Van Conversions. We have recently entered the Sprinter market and have new products for them coming out now.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
The Ford Transit diesel seems to be a good option. We are running a review of it in the current issue of Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine (on most newsstands now) and the reviewer (Thom Cannell) really liked it except for the cup holder area. Pick up an issue and check it out...

blue dog

Reaction
Not interested in the Transit or the Ram abortion version.

blue dog

Reaction
Ramsey, i would like to hear what you have going on for the sprinters.