Merchant Members on RDC?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
ive noticed that one thing that has always kept big name racers/advertisers/business owners/off road racing promoters and general off road enthusiasts from taking part in RDC discussions or even registering with RDC has been that the "general public" can "stir the pot" at any time or that they feel that they will have to defend everything that they say (whether it's to their boss or to another person of the "general public")..im not quite sure how they do it but you cant even copy and paste stuff from the "premium" sections

with that being said ....

ive been a Merchant Member over at another forum board (that is set up just like RDC) for the last 2 years or so. The merchant member (MM) program has taken that forum to a whole new level.

1. it attracts people that wouldn't otherwise post in a forum; the premium sections are always the highest moderated sections of the entire forum to keep the premium sections "premium"
2. the "general public" still gets to view everything except what's in the "premium" sections, and the MM's get to view everything. so there is nothing being taken away from those who choose not to become a MM
3. what you say does not pop up on google searches; keeps phone numbers, price quotes and other stuff that you dont want in the eyes of the general public, out of the general public.
4. provides income for the site and those who do maintenance on the site; thus gives the people who are visiting RDC a better product.
5. if you guys ever decide to bring back comments in the classifieds section you could make it so that only MM's can comment, or this might be the way to bring back comments in the classifieds to keep the rif-raf out

... all in all just a great concept, if you ask me.

their pricing looks as follows:

1 year: $50.00
6 months: $30.00
3 months: $17.50
1 month: $7.50

i already pay $50 a year on the other site, but i would be MORE THAN WILLING to pay $50 here on RDC to be able to have access to a "premium section".... where MM's could talk with other MM's about "serious topics", MM's could talk with real racers/big name racers, MM's could find out pricing info about a certain product and the merchant would feel safe giving that info out...

it's just a thought, but personally ive seen first hand what something like this could to for a forum board and am VERY impressed.......

...all im asking is that you guys give it some thought...

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Interesting concept.
What is the other site so we can check it out?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Interesting concept.
What is the other site so we can check it out?

it's signs101.com (sorry i didnt post before but i just didnt want to promote another forum site on rdc, i dunno im weird i guess) haha

i would be willing to give you my log in info if you would like to check out the "premium" section

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I am on chopperdogs.com and its a pay-site with forum. I don't spend too much time on the forum to make claims on its quality. Maybe JJ or other CD/RDC members can chime in.

mustafa

Reaction
any thoughts from anybody?

I think it's a good concept which will weed out some of the riff raff. Plus, it will make the poster think twice about posting erroneous comments if he is subject to the boot and losing his money. I, myself, probably wouldn't pay for it because I find myself visiting this site less often now. It's not because of the content, I think this it the best site ever, but it is tooooo slow and frustrating to load from home now. Things got bogged down when the site was revamped. I hope it gets better.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
I am on chopperdogs.com and its a pay-site with forum. I don't spend too much time on the forum to make claims on its quality. Maybe JJ or other CD/RDC members can chime in.

... i know there are "hidden" sections here on rdc, and those very well could be merchant member accessible ...

just throwing it out there... pm me if you want my log in info for signs 101....

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Sort of similar to Pbnation.com's ASM ( annual supporting member ) pay X amount of dollars you get a logo saying your ASM and get to goto specials parts of forum ect, funds goto supporting the website. I would be totally willing to pay 50.00 bucks a year.