Metal and tubing rack

tmathews

Reaction
Try going over to Competitive Metals in El Cajon... Take a look at the storage racks they have.

diirk

Reaction
Hmmm, a rack huh? Mines just in a biga$$ pile. Takes forever to find anything. Full of blackwodows, etc. Why would you want to miss out on all that?

jbarker@banks

Reaction
I'm looking to build a storage rack for tubing and plate. Have any pics or ideas. Thanks
I'm having a small local shop put one together for me this week. If all goes well I'll post up some pics....if it looks like cr@p you'll never hear from me again:D

jbarker@banks

Reaction
Thanks guys. Would like to see those pics
No prob. The shop got the upper and lower bars/hoops done along with the tubing supports. Even just tack welded (TIG) in place it still held up 240lbs of weight. They then removed the rack from my truck to finish welding it and install the "floor" portion over the cab along with the light tabs. It'll be done this week. I must say, even unfinished, it LOOKS AWSOME! My application is far from the norm, though the shop is telling me it would most likley work on Toys and a few Rangers and S-10s. Right now we're keeping it simple, spots for the spare, highlift, shovel, and 2 gas cans. After Vegas to Reno we may add more to it.

mikeyfrombc

Reaction

here,s some from the local metal supermarket