metal shop class?

kjmiller1

Anybody know if their is a junior college or somewhere that has a well equiped Metal Shop class in the North OC area? I can't afford my own tools yet and I hate bumming from friends

kjmiller1

I'll check into fullerton, thanks. My neighbor goes out to cerritos for that class and he says its awesome, they have everything you could possibly think of. Little too far for me though.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
try to find an adult ed class so you can pay yoru fee and go in and bang out whatever you want...you do a calss for credit you have to do projects and are graded too and if you dont do the projects and get a bad grade it could hinder future enrollment in the course.

kjmiller1

yup, thats what I'm looking for Kritter, but I'll take the fullerton class if I can't find anything else. They don't have a summer class, just fall so I'd have to wait but I'm sure I'll learn something that my high school didn't teach me

singlehanded

If you go take welding classes at fullerton the first semester will be oxyacelene and he let you play with the mig near the end. Then take a semester of tig. Then you can just sign up for welding lab and do anything you want tig/mig/oxyacetlene.

elcaprerunner

At Mt. SAC in Walnut you can take the similar welding and machining classes they offer at Fullerton, but you can choose to either get college credit or take the class as an adult education class if you want, you can do either-or. I don't know if you can do that at Fullerton however.

singlehanded

I took it for credit it was cake "a" both semesters. It really helps to teach you the basics so you know what you are doing.