Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com

By Rory Ward
The Rough Riders:  In 1991 Dick Landfield pitched an idea to Ford on creating the Biggest SUPER TEAM to ever enter off road racing. The green light was given and a bidding process was sent out to 3 people and Frank DeAngelo would get the job of herding cats.  The birth of the Ford “Rough Riders” program had a list of drivers handpicked by DeAngelo and was nothing short of spectacular. Check out this line-up:  Rob MacCachren (class 8), John Swift (class 6), Chuck Johnson (class 7s), Manny Esquerra (Class 7), Dave Ashley (Class 4), Dan Smith (Class 3), Jack Johnson and even the legend himself Parnelli Jones.  These racers would share the same sponsors...

Continue reading...

NIKAL

Reaction
Love the look, minus the lower faring on the front bumper. That needs to go, or make it black? IMO they should run that body style all year. Looks way better then the cookie cutter Raptor body’s everyone runs with their names in the grill.

J Prich

Reaction
Love the look, minus the lower faring on the front bumper. That needs to go, or make it black? IMO they should run that body style all year. Looks way better then the cookie cutter Raptor body’s everyone runs with their names in the grill.
Thought the same thing about the bumper valance. Not trying to knit pick, just stood out to me at first glance.

Slippery P

Reaction
BadCo looks good in the vintage dress!

PeterT

Reaction
Website
www.bankspower.com
Great article, it brought back a lot of memories, and one question. Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Simon & Simon 7 4x4 truck? I built the engines for that truck during its championship reign. Last I knew it was bought and raced a couple of times by Ron Lister, I think.

jon coleman

Reaction
me personally ?, i think that the truck needs WAAAAY more chrome( ps, did the Simon& Simon team ever use gps??, juss'wundern...

jon coleman

Reaction
i remember Bob Land had one in 96, top of goat trail at night, pesky locals moved some arrows for ' entertainment', went in circles , literally till' the quakerstate truck showed up, going the " wrong" way, i asked em ' where is the course!?!?, said 'follow us', we have gps!'😍finnished the 500 in time( more of a rhetorical question, how in the heck were the Simon bros so dang fast with Out gps???

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Website
www.racers-only.com
The class 7 4x4 truck is somewhere in Southern California. From what I heard it was prepped and ready to race, they were thinking about NORRA but maybe now they want to sell if. Would be a GREAT truck for someone I’m sure, I’ll try to find out more later.

Glad you guys enjoyed the article, I hope to do more of the them for the Method Wheels Heritage Livery series.