Mexicali Police

Dhigbee

Reaction
Got stopped twice last night trying To get to the border. Total payoff was 400. Took everything we had. Glad I’m home.

johndjmix

Reaction
$400! What happened to the days $25 would do it

jon coleman

Reaction
25$?,inflation is no fun, 4 hundoes, ouch, i used to carry an old throw away wallet w 80$ max , an old exp.driv. lic.& c cards ect, get pulled over , first thing i do is get face to face w- big happy( slightly crazy smile& hand over wallet .and ask' problema??, bout sixty bucks.day time travel only.night ?, No way,but that does suck ,sorry to hear that .

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Sorry to hear, you didnt get shaken down...you got robbed.

Did you panic? Most I ever paid my way out of a bad situation was $125 and I earned it, I was being a complete dbag.

Honda48X

Reaction
Crazy stupid. I would have never paid that. All this does is makes them do it more and more. They need to be reported.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Next time take the ticket. Do not carry any money in your wallet. It might cost you half an hour screwing with them, but it will discourage them from thinking every gringo is an easy payday

richzajic

Reaction
I hooked up with the Chiefs Daughter at the Mexicali 250 in 1980.
I will never go back in case of ??????????

powerbox_builder

Reaction
$400? You panicked! Your messing it up for everybody else! If you would have followed him to the station, it would have been 200pesos. Most of the time when you offer to do that they give up and move on to somebody else. Worst case scenario, he takes your license, you follow him down to the station, and the clerk takes your 200 to 800 pesos (depending on the infraction) gives you a receipt and your license back.

mig29

Reaction
Way back in the time (late 80's) when I 1st started doing offroad races, I got pulled over in Ensenada..due to some really poor signage. I challenged the cop, who was totally poker-faced (reflected the fact that he knew he was trying to shake-me-down). As per info back then (Dusty Times letters written in)..just CHALLENGE them:

"Yes, take me to station"

It's like car thieves, they want an "easy score". They don't want to mess with taking people to station, they will just wave you off..then try to find another "patsy" (sucker)

DON'T GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!

Yeah, that $400 score is just incentive for them to try this BS even more -- ask for exorbitant amounts of $$.

I got shook down for $40 from some a-hole Ensenada moto-cop, STILL P***S ME OFF (I don't forget easy!!). I consider $40 a ripoff. Think of how many times that crooked cop pulled that on returning race-traffic..must made a freakin' fortune!! I can still remember his smirk, so help me if I ever see him..

^^^ II'm sitting here in SF after a great meal -- fish plate (garlic butter..grilled) & steamed clams (qty 20 for $4.50). See pic. I wanna get some homies together..find that crooked *** & GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Man..$400, you can buy a fixer-upper car on Craigslist for that amount!! I got a BMW 325i ('93 e36, fixer upper) for $1000, Jeep Grand CHerokee ZJ '98 for $650 (blown Dana 44a rear-end, got a replacement at Pickyoupart for $120...40% off promotion)

I'm here in San Felipe in a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, $2K off CL..immaculate maintenance (mechanic owned, all receipts. Killer stereo..Alpine head-unit, Blaupunkt amp, high-end Rockford-Fosgate front speakers).

Attachments

• DSC_0009a copy.jpg
    DSC_0009a copy.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 231

ThatSpaceMexican

Reaction
Even on the US side i keep most my cash in my shoes. Just put it in the boot leg and worn out converse are good for hidden compartments. Never have more than 60$ cash in your wallet. It even works back home.

juanmoretime

Reaction
everyone talks big.......all it takes is that dirtbag to slip something under your seat, pay em and get back to the safe side.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Always keep your cash separated have small bills in one pocket so if you get pulled over you can give them less. Never keep large bills where your drivers license is as they will ask for it and see the cash. I always ask to go to the station if they get greedy .

Travisfab

Reaction
Cost me $20 to get through a california rolling stop in Tecate, play their game, or they will play you!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I got shook down once in TJ. I just kept telling the guy give me the ticket and he kept saying it would be better to take care of it here. I told him I was fine to go before the judge would prefer the ticket and to go to the judge. We went back-and-forth like this for probably half an hour. After half an hour he comes up to me and says he has a very important call he must go on but that I have broken the law and I must pay my fine. I told him “great” let’s go to the Judge. He told me $20 would cover the fine and that he needed to go. I gave him 20 bucks and we both left. This probably took about half an hour so it was a little stressful but there was no way I was giving that guy a bunch of money.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
FYI. When you get a ticket down there they take your license and registration and then you’re supposed to follow them to the judge and have your case heard immediately. The game they are playing Is that you don’t understand how things work down there and you just want to go home. The game your playing is that you don’t care how long it takes but you’re not getting ripped off by this clown.
PS. Don’t carry all your money in your wallet only what seems reasonable, under $100 for sure

Last edited: