Mexican 1000 (NORRA) Car,Truck, Bike & Chase Vehicle Photos

BigBro

Reaction
Clock is ticking, less than 3 weeks,

Anyone willing to tease us with some photos of your car,truck, bike or chase vehicles?

Ok, Please,

Thanks in advance !

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Website
www.compdoor.com
Here is the car we are racing before a little prep job.

Attachments

• vintage car.jpg
    vintage car.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 852

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
The Bel-Ray Bullet...can't wait to see Bud Feldkamp and Malcolm Smith rippen' down Baja with its old school 2,180 VW!

Marty

Attachments

• Bel Rey Bullet.jpg
    Bel Rey Bullet.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 758

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Website
www.compdoor.com
They are in my same class, If I am able to catch them , should I give Malcom a little love tap? just so I could say I did?

That is such a cool car , can't wait to be able to say " I raced against Malcom Smith / Bud Feldkamp"

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction
The Bel-Ray Bullet...can't wait to see Bud Feldkamp and Malcolm Smith rippen' down Baja with its old school 2,180 VW!

Marty

that is so cool..would make it worth the drive down there to see that..

BigBro

Reaction

Marty

Any Camping areas near the start/ contingency if a caravan wanted to arrive on the 16th, be there for the start and first day of racing? :D

metapoint

Reaction
I'm interested in knowing the same - if there is any camping around or near Mexicali for the start? I'll be heading out from Phoenix on Tuesday may stay on this side of the border Tuesday night (Calexico?) then cross the border in the AM for contingency. Then will continue on down baja filming the race.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All,

Attached is a shot of the Dirt Sports Elf that is being set up for Rally; including new engine (2,000cc) and a new gearbox. It will be driven by myself and Jim Ryan, and crewed by J.T. Taylor of rock racing/hill climbing fame. Can't wait...

Marty

Attachments

• BUG_0001.jpg
    BUG_0001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 287
  • BUG_0011.jpg
    BUG_0011.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 379

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All,

This cool Bronco is the second of the two Dirt Sports supported cars. It will be raced by our photographer Boyd Jaynes and our graphic designer "Bronco" Bill Brindle.

Marty

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 476
  • SLAGIATT68.jpg
    SLAGIATT68.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 368

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
I'm interested in knowing the same - if there is any camping around or near Mexicali for the start? I'll be heading out from Phoenix on Tuesday may stay on this side of the border Tuesday night (Calexico?) then cross the border in the AM for contingency. Then will continue on down baja filming the race.

its 115 down here, and still 100 at 12 at night ! You can get a hotel in mexicali for around 60 bucks. i Know theres a KOA around el centro, about 12 miles from the border..

Colonial hotel is the sponsor, but hteres several other hotels around it..

omar

metapoint

Reaction
A KOA might work, though I just checked their website and they only list one in Yuma, AZ and one in Blythe, both of which are about 50 miles away. Do you have any more info on the one you were referring too near El Centro, I think that area would be ideal.

metapoint

Reaction
I did some searches for El Centro camping and found this place which offers tent camping for $15.

Country Life RV & Mobile Home Park
375 East Ross Road
El Centro, CA 92243
760-353-1040

All of the other places I found were RV style that were $40 a night. I guess if I can get a deal on a room in Mexicali for ~$50-60 that might work, otherwise I'll keep states side camping as a back up. Anyone want to split a room for Wednesday night, and/or possibly Tuesday night?

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
I did some searches for El Centro camping and found this place which offers tent camping for $15.

Country Life RV & Mobile Home Park
375 East Ross Road
El Centro, CA 92243
760-353-1040

All of the other places I found were RV style that were $40 a night. I guess if I can get a deal on a room in Mexicali for ~$50-60 that might work, otherwise I'll keep states side camping as a back up. Anyone want to split a room for Wednesday night, and/or possibly Tuesday night?

Theres a Hotel called Azteca de Oro 1/2 a block from hotel colonial the race sponsor and about 2 stop lights from contingency, double rooms cost around 40 bucks, single rooms around 30 bucks. Cant find a better deal around conjtingency..

omar

toddz

Reaction
All,

This cool Bronco is the second of the two Dirt Sports supported cars. It will be raced by our photographer Boyd Jaynes and our graphic designer "Bronco" Bill Brindle.

Marty

That truck's been for sale on CL forever - did you guys buy it? Neat, old-school truck!

Todd Z.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
How old do the cars have to be ?

omar