mexico accidents reported to the US¨?

JebusTheGreat

RDC Crypto
quick question - are accidents in Mexico that we involve the insurance companies ever reported back to the US? we had a small accident between two of our group members in El Rosario and we want to check and see if we should report it to help pay for the damages.

im typing this from the free computer at mama espinosa. I will check this when we arrive at estero beach. thanks in advance guys!

Aflac

RDC Crypto
Check with the mexican insurance company, but I think you have to report it to them and the US Companies and the CHP when you cross the border coming home.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Only report it back to your US insurance if you care to increase your rates.

Chase 2

RDC Crypto
Check with the mexican insurance company, but I think you have to report it to them and the US Companies and the CHP when you cross the border coming home.

I'm not following this logic. I understand the notification of the local Mexican insurance & authorities. But why would you tell anyone in the US what happened in a different country?

troyharper

DA Meatball
RDC Crypto
No! I hope you have mex ins. or cash to cover your butt.
Have an EXELENT TRIP!!

WickedGravityVideo

RDC Crypto

You sound like you know what you are talking about but I suspect otherwise --- why would I have to report accident to CHP whether or not I live in CA? If I am from AZ or CO, I have to go find a CHP and tell him I was in an accident? :mad: Did your insurance company tell you this? What insurance co?

By the way, this is a good question that applies to all of us Baja travelers. PAB, I bet you know this one --- what gives?

1fastbean

Rookie
RDC Crypto
Chula Vista, CA/Estero Beach, Ensenada B.C.
If you have an American insurance carrier I doubt your covered unless it's in your policy.

But, if you are and the damage is minimal I wouldn't report it to the insurance company.

Do you have Mexican insurance? I hope you do because if you do I would take full

advantage of it and not worry about your rates increasing when you get home.

Laurie

RDC Crypto
Website
www.thefactoryracing.com
Let me rephrase your question: Does the Mexico Insurance report to a US insurance company when a claim is made in Mexico? Is that what you mean?

We have made a couple claims on policies in Mexico and they have not been reported to anyone in the US.

J. Avila

RDC Crypto
You are talking about 2 different things, If you Buy Mexican insurance in the US normally the contract will be with a MEXICAN Insurance company, if this is the case all you have to do is call the "ajustador" (mexican insurance guy) report the accident and he will get you all teh paperwork to do the claim.... if there was a third party involved (say a mexican o us car) once you report it to the ajustador he will take of them and you will be set to go...

ANswer to your question is: NO, you don't have to report it to ANYBODY in the US.

If you haven't report the accident and need some help PM or call me and I'll be glad to help, I live in Ensenada full time.

Juan Avila (646) 149-3640
F&L Racing

Shaggy

RDC Crypto
Nothing in my policy says I have to report any accidents that happen outside the US. So they don't need to know. That's why i don't buy mexico insurance through my carrier.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
RDC Crypto
Check with Alex Patterson in this forum, he is an expert