Mexico border crossing requirements for current day

deviate films

Reaction
Website
www.deviate-films.com
What will I need to get back accross for San Felipe? Do I HAVE to have a passport or can i use a CDL and birth certificate to re-enter? Any help would be appreciated..

Brian

NoPavementRacer

Reaction
passport is still only required for travel via air.

Land crossing:
U.S. citizens ages 19 and older must present documentation that proves both identity and citizenship. Identification documents must include a photo, name and date of birth. View the complete list of acceptable documents at CBP.gov for land travel and sea travel.
Children ages 18 and under will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
U.S. citizens can also apply for a U.S. Passport Card, which facilitates entry and expedites document processing at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air. Otherwise, it carries the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and is adjudicated to the exact same standards.
More information for specific populations and situations

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

Land crossing:
U.S. citizens ages 19 and older must present documentation that proves both identity and citizenship. Identification documents must include a photo, name and date of birth. View the complete list of acceptable documents at CBP.gov for land travel and sea travel.
Children ages 18 and under will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
U.S. citizens can also apply for a U.S. Passport Card, which facilitates entry and expedites document processing at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air. Otherwise, it carries the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and is adjudicated to the exact same standards.
More information for specific populations and situations

Good to know. Thanks!

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
my family went to tijuana last month, all they took was the CA id's like always and they got in no problem just like all the other times, so if a my mexican family didnt have a problem you wont either

BoothPacific Films

Reaction

Land crossing:

certified birth certificate and a drivers license will work. i have a a bunch of friends that i surf with in baja and they don't have passports yet. if you have a big truck, camper or any big vehicle keep it locked up. i was caravaning home with a friend who has a lance camper/f-250 rig and he had to go to secondary just cuz his truck was unlocked. the border guy said that when your in line people try to jump in the back of big vehicles that are unlocked without the driver knowing. the border agent told my friend that even if you don't know about it you could loose your vehicle. keep it locked coming home.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I got harassed coming back from the 1000 for not having birth certificate or passport which I forgot at home. guy was a total prick for some reason. It all depends on who you get but you better take at least your birth certificate if you dont have a passport. Better safe then sorry.

GMS739

Reaction
i crossed yesterday i only show id and birth certificate and he customs said get ur passport and the lines will move faster. he didnt really want to see the birth cert.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
this is not an attack or something like that if it sounds wrong let me know and ill delete this post

the only times we have had problems or gotten attitude is from phillipino officers they are more stricter with us

deviate films

Reaction
Website
www.deviate-films.com
Thanks for the information. just called the US Border crossing via Homeland Security and they said that a US drivers license is still an acceptable form to re enter the states until June 31st. 2009.. No mention of Birth Certificate requirment either. Just a little FYI. Now i don't have to stress about that too

cancinoj

Reaction
this is not an attack or something like that if it sounds wrong let me know and ill delete this post

the only times we have had problems or gotten attitude is from phillipino officers they are more stricter with us

we, the mexicans FEAR the most the phillipinos officers,. those guys are racist, we thought they were racist only to mexicans, , or, do you look like a mexican? :D:D

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
we, the mexicans FEAR the most the phillipinos officers,. those guys are racist, we thought they were racist only to mexicans, , or, do you look like a mexican? :D:D

am i mexican? me llamo jose garcia, you do the math lol

GMS739

Reaction

you right those guys are mean. i hate when i have to deal with them even when everything is right its still wrong.lol

harleys dad

Reaction
I cused on of the filipino gaurds out, he barley and I do mean barley spoke English, when he asked me if I was a US citizen in the most prickish way possible I asked him if he was a US citizen. He turned red and started yelling at me. As a US citizen already sitting in the USA with 0 to hide, I had 0 to fear from this fresh off the boat inspector who clearly should not be there. I told him I was going to get the border patrol to deport him, and basically harassed him. I have never seen anybody turn so red He of course gave me the slip to secondary saying they were going to tear me apart. I handed the guy in secondary my slip, and his only words to me were "another one from super kook" and sent me on me on my way saying sorry for the inconvenience, this guy has a chip on his shoulders. This guy sends everybody in. Now that I think about it, he did send everybody I paid attention to secondary. I feel for you that have to deal with that daily

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
lol guess i was right about the phillipinos being pricks! serioulsy we never have any problems with the white or black or latino officers in fact they are really cool guys, but when we get to the line and we see its a phillipino officer all we say is "s**t"

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I got harassed coming back from the 1000 for not having birth certificate or passport which I forgot at home. guy was a total prick for some reason. It all depends on who you get but you better take at least your birth certificate if you dont have a passport. Better safe then sorry.

I was going to say the same thing. I always have my fingers crossed and pray I don't get an Asian border patrol officer. I hope that doesn't sound racist either but it's true, they are by far the worse people to deal with when crossing. My chick and I still mimic one that we got a while ago, he asked me "what you bring back from Messico?" I wanted to laugh and say "definetely not a crazy accent like that" but was able to resist.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
We had a little bit of mud on the truck ,and one of those guys went off on us!My brother was mad the rest of the day...LOL

Ohh, Mud Smugglers! Traffickers of the worst kind. You guys smoke that mud, or what???

Now, thanks to this thread, I am gonna freak out and change lines if I see a Philipino border guy.

Seriously, I highly recommend the border tamales while waiting in line in Tecate. You will thank me. Just leave the mud in MX, amigos.