• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mexico Diesel ok for New FORD 2017 Trucks?

calstyl2

Northern Baja yes, its US refined fuel, Southern Baja uses a different blend and will cause much faster DEF use and Regens. Get a programmer that turns off the system for the trip.
If you get into a issue the La Paz Ford dealer can reflash the ECM for Baja fuel.

Chris Tobin

Be sure to bring plenty of DEF with you, as trucks have run out and been stranded down there... If you were to puncture the tank or anything, you need good DEF to fill it back up or it will go into limp mode.

Taquache

This was the deciding factor on my time line to "fix" the emissions setup on my 2013 Ram (Cummins). Baja or 100,000 miles which ever came first.

At 86,000 miles I'm no longer worried about fuel related issues. :D

rynomx785

This was the deciding factor on my time line to "fix" the emissions setup on my 2013 Ram (Cummins). Baja or 100,000 miles which ever came first.

At 86,000 miles I'm no longer worried about fuel related issues. :D
I have a 13 Ram as well. What tuner/delete kit did you use?

Taquache

rynomx785

EFI Live from Coffman Customs here in Texas and I used these plates on my EGR.

Dodge 6.7L Cummins FloPro EGR Block-Off Plates 213021

I left everything stock appearing.

I see you are in AZ, are you on Facebook? If so look up this guy and let me know Bryant from Texas sent you.

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.wood.96387

I don't know how far you are from him but he can get you all fixed up.
I am on FB and we appear to have a couple mutual friends. I will hit him up. Thanks man.

What did all of that run you? Do you tow heavy with the truck? I have a buddy that burned his Duramax up running EFI Live while towing. I now have some concerns because that would really suck. lol

Taquache

I am on FB and we appear to have a couple mutual friends. I will hit him up. Thanks man.

What did all of that run you? Do you tow heavy with the truck? I have a buddy that burned his Duramax up running EFI Live while towing. I now have some concerns because that would really suck. lol
My truck is a 3500 with the Aisin Transmission (good trans if you don't hot rod it too much), I did not turn up the tuning very much (maybe 60hp). I pull our race truck which weighs about 8,000# not including the trailer so every time I load up its easily over 10,000#. I haven't had a chance to do much towing since I fixed my dually so I cannot report on that kind of a load behind it yet. I'll have 6,000 miles to test it out in April though!

Chris Tobin

With proper tuning towing is fine. Just be sure to work with a reputable tuner and explain what you are doing and they can build you a tune for playing and one for towing as well as others...

jack montgomery

Interesting link on Diesel in Mexico, concerned about my 2016 as well. I read about using an app on your phone and cable to the truck computer but not sure if you can generate a regen cycle. This part is even more sketchy--

In January of 2015 the owner of a 2015 Ford F350 Power Stroke joined a caravan tour into the Baja. As expected, his truck exhibited NO symptoms of temporary sulfur poisoning of the emissions system while he was towing his fifth wheel trailer. This is because towing a heavy trailer, or carrying a camper in the truck bed, provides sufficient load to keep exhaust gas temperatures elevated high enough to prevent the deposit of sulfur compounds in the emissions system. (This is also true for late model Dodge and GM diesel powered pickups).

In this specific case though, the owner left the caravan while in the Los Cabos area and traveled to La Paz, where he booked in to an RV park, unhooked his trailer, and began driving the truck with no tow load. Within a week or so, his truck went in to speed limitation, and eventually limp mode. He contacted the local Ford dealer in La Paz and discovered that there is NO ability to service late model Ford Powerstrokes in Mexico. He then contacted a dealership in the U.S., which canceled his warranty when it was discovered that he was in Mexico.

At that stage he researched the problem on line and contacted me, but it was too late to assist due to the truck being in limp mode. The only way to clear the sulfur compounds from the emissions system, and return the truck to normal operation, would be to run a Service Regeneration.

This owner then made the decision to import a delete kit in to Mexico, and within two weeks he had removed the entire factory emissions system and installed the delete kit, at which point he was able to get the truck running normally again.

Racing Ron

We called Edge Tuning and they confirmed all of their products - Monitors (cheaper) and Tuners allow a forced regen. We'll be getting one for our 2016 SD to be safe.

D4D

Suggest getting a TITAN Fuel Tank which increases capacity and you can double their tanks up to carry as much as 135 gallons.