MEXICO RACE IS ON.....MAY 16th

AZOffroad

THIS IS NOT A WHIPLASH PROMOTED EVENT!!!!!

As many of you may know Whiplash Off Road Racing canceled the Mexico race. But after a huge displeasure from several racers, most of you feel the same way we all do…….John put way to much effort and work into bringing off road racing back to Rocky Point to just let this race slip away. So a hand full of racers got together to ensure that didn’t happen. As john stated in the official “Whiplash Penasco 300 - Official Thread” …..THE MEXICO RACE IS ON!!!!!!

This race is being promoted by racers, sponsored by racers and run by racers for the racers!

We have a financial GARUNTEE, Rocky Point & the Oasis is in full support of the race. The person that will run the race has many years experience putting on races. There will be Medical, check points, sweep riders, trophy’s and prize money, everything a professional promoted race has…..except it’s all being done by racers for racers!

We REFUSE to let this race die…….So PLEASE come out and support your fellow off road racers. If you can’t come down and race, just come down to show your support or volunteer to help! IT’S MEXICO! It’s always a blast in Mexico!

We are looking to make his race a once or twice a year event, shooting for December 2009 as the next one. But we can’t do it with out you our fellow racers! So come out and show your support!

The course is great. Just like Baja! 300 miles of fun. We are all putting our asses on the line to make this happen so if you can make it we'd appreciate it! See you in Rocky Point!

If you have any questions please contact John at 602-708-0780 or myself.

Old School 8

I talked with Mike Voudouris in Austin Texas last night. Team Zorba, in the yellow and black Gieser TT #60, is still going to travel 21 hours from Texas to RP, to race. He says he needs "seat time", and is coming even if no other TT's show up. More would be better.

AZOffroad

i talked with mike voudouris in austin texas last night. Team zorba, in the yellow and black gieser tt #60, is still going to travel 21 hours from texas to rp, to race. He says he needs "seat time", and is coming even if no other tt's show up. More would be better.
great.......thank you!

AZOffroad

Tech and Contingency at the Desert Oasis Hotel Friday May 15th.

Entry Fees are as follows;

Pro truck and buggy - $500
Sportsman Truck and buggy - $300
Motorcycle and Atv - $125
UTV - $200

Drivers meeting Friday evening at 6 PM, May 15th (Subject to change)

Race day May 16, 2009

7:00 AM first motorcycle off the line! - 1 lap

7:30 AM first Atv off the line! - 1 lap

8:00 AM first Utv off the line! - 1 lap

12:00 noon, first Car or Truck off the line!

Pro's 2 laps

Sportsman 1 lap

Finishline closes at 11:00 PM

Book your rooms!

Option 1 - The Desert Oasis

This is the host hotel. It is nice and tech and the drivers meetings will be held here.
This hotel offers secure parking above ground.
Pools and Jacuzzi, 50 rooms
Resturant / Bar
One and two bedroom rooms
http://www.desertoasisresort.com

Here is the 2nd option for rooms in Rocky Point, Mexico!

La Paloma - This hotel is very nice and will have special rates for the racers.
There are secure parking areas both above and underground.
Pool and Jacuzzi, 1500 rooms!
Ocean Front
Resturant / Bar
One bedroom to five bedroom rooms
http://www.laspalomasresort.net/

SKISPEED

We are in and still planning on racing this event. So make sure you have your **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** together so we can come back and tell everyone what a great time they missed.

AZOffroad

We are in and still planning on racing this event. So make sure you have your **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** together so we can come back and tell everyone what a great time they missed.
We are working very HARD to ensure all goes smooth!

See ya in Rocky Point!

WideOpenMotorsports

There are few things today that make people stand up and say F___ Yeah! This is one of them. RACERS stepping in where PROMOTERS fall short. Too many times have Arizona PROMOTERS made promises and failed to deliver.
I applaud the RACERS who have stepped up to keep this race alive. A big F___ Yeah! to John Martensen, who's efforts will help heal the wound between Rocky Point and off road racing. It is a great little town and the area is perfect for racing. If you have a car and can make it please do so. Run the sportsman class, race a quad or your bike. Show the PROMOTER who backed out that they made a big mistake!

Old School 8

So the news of this race being cancelled is 24 hrs old.
One of the reason given, was low pre-enteries. (16)
The call goes out, for those to pre-enter to help keep the race.
How many pre-entries have been added, since the call out (last 24 hrs) ??????

AZOffroad

The racers had a meeting last night and the count was 20. I talked to John this morning and John stated that his phone has be ringing off the hook (Which is a good thing). I will talk with John on Sunday and get a car count.

We REALLY appreciate everyone that is commited to making this race a success!

We would love to have a big turn out of racers....if you can't race then please just come down and support our efforts.

AZOffroad

There are few things today that make people stand up and say F___ Yeah! This is one of them. RACERS stepping in where PROMOTERS fall short. Too many times have Arizona PROMOTERS made promises and failed to deliver.
I applaud the RACERS who have stepped up to keep this race alive. A big F___ Yeah! to John Martensen, who's efforts will help heal the wound between Rocky Point and off road racing. It is a great little town and the area is perfect for racing. If you have a car and can make it please do so. Run the sportsman class, race a quad or your bike. Show the PROMOTER who backed out that they made a big mistake!
Thanks for your support!

AZOffroad

Here is the car count for the Mexico Race..........

Trophy Trucks - 4

Class 1 - 5

Class 10 - 6

Class 1-2/1600 - 2

Class 5 - 2

Class 5/1600 - 2

Class 8 - 2

Class 1450 - 2

Jeepspeed - 4

It's looking good......THANK YOU to everyone who is supporting us racers. We are doing the best we can with short notice to make this an awsome race for everyone!

Rock Donkey

Bump.

Come awn, we need more racers! :D

Gotta be a few more 1600 cars out there that are in running order...

AZOffroad

Bump.

Come awn, we need more racers! :D

Gotta be a few more 1600 cars out there that are in running order...
We still have hopes that more racers will be down to support the racers that are putting this race on. 28 Trucks & Buggies so far.

THANK YOU for all that are bringing Off Road racing back to Rocky Point!

Talk is already started about maybe doing another one in Dec, 09. We'll get through this one and see how it all goes.

WideOpenMotorsports

PROMOTER drops out due to lack of pre-entries (16).
RACERS rally and now have 28 pre-entries.

Hmmm? I wonder why? No, not really! It can't be any more obvious.
Excellent job to all of those who have stepped up.

Ironman601

On riding Arizona's forum, the latest was 50 entry's. But that could be with Quads and MC's. I don't know for sure.

Oldtime racer

PROMOTER drops out due to lack of pre-entries (16).
RACERS rally and now have 28 pre-entries.

Hmmm? I wonder why? No, not really! It can't be any more obvious.
Excellent job to all of those who have stepped up.
It's not obvious to me, please explain. I do not want to cause a big public forum argument to draw negativity to this event, but;

Why did the racers not support it when it was whiplash doing it? I know any promoter needs to have a good turn out to pay the bills.

How can there be all the support staff (medical, checks, registration etc.) with only forty or fifty racers? Unless they are all volunteers, if so, Why did they not volunteer when it was whiplash?

I personally feel this is going to be a great time for everyone that goes, as long as the issues that caused Whiplash to back out have been addressed. Things can go real bad real fast down there.

Be careful, have fun and bring back stories!

AZOffroad

It's not obvious to me, please explain. I do not want to cause a big public forum argument to draw negativity to this event, but;

Why did the racers not support it when it was whiplash doing it? I know any promoter needs to have a good turn out to pay the bills.

How can there be all the support staff (medical, checks, registration etc.) with only forty or fifty racers? Unless they are all volunteers, if so, Why did they not volunteer when it was whiplash?

I personally feel this is going to be a great time for everyone that goes, as long as the issues that caused Whiplash to back out have been addressed. Things can go real bad real fast down there.

Be careful, have fun and bring back stories!

I can't answer that question....only the racers can.

We will have medical, check points, sweep riders and registration all done as professional as possible given the short time we had to prepare. And Yes most all are volunteers that didn't want to see this race canceled.