Michael Waltrip retires

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Michael Waltrip is retiring from full time racing after the 2009 series and hires Martin Truex Jr. to drive the #56.

Waltrip will drive a limited schedule in 2010.

Live stream

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
So is this gonna be like when Mark Martin retired a few years ago?

Mark Martin has been retired for 5 years already. What climbs in the car on Sunday is a cyborg. Living flesh over metal endo-skeleton. :D

Triple B

Reaction
Mark Martin retired to help his son's racing career.......When Matt Martin decided he did not want to race and went back to school Mark went back to racing full time.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
So is this gonna be like when Mark Martin retired a few years ago?

No Mark Martin still HAS racing tallent and was able to drive his way to victory lane. MW, on the other hand, ran out of tallent LONG ago! He rode his brother's coat-tails and a Winston win for season after season without a points-race win before he finally was pushed to a win in front of Dale Jr in a R.A.D. Chevy that was arguably the class of the field by a large margin!!! His only (official points-race) wins are on plate tracks where it really is just a crap-shoot and being in the right place at the right time.

The only reason NAPA kept him around so long is all the exposure he got for them off the track, because he hasn't been able to earn exposure on the track for a long time!!!

my 3 cents!

07FJRog

Reaction
Michael Waltrip is retiring from full time racing after the 2009 series and hires Martin Truex Jr. to drive the #56.

Waltrip will drive a limited schedule in 2010.

Live stream

#56???? should it not be #55??

MW never had Nascar talent, IMO, busch series barely. lol

MM still getting it done, and, unfortunately, the bad luck in his career still follows him.

Rog

Chris Tobin

Reaction
#56???? should it not be #55??

MW never had Nascar talent, IMO, busch series barely. lol

MM still getting it done, and, unfortunately, the bad luck in his career still follows him.

Rog

jayski.com says something about the 56 being a family number for Truex... And, MW still wants to drive the 55 for the few races he does run in his partial schedule...

07FJRog

Reaction
jayski.com says something about the 56 being a family number for Truex... And, MW still wants to drive the 55 for the few races he does run in his partial schedule...

thanks Chris

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
I think Micheal waltrip is going to try and enter these races that he wants to race, and hes not going to qualify for them, and it will be hilarious. haha. glad to hear he's retiring.

I say he makes 5 races next year at the most.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I think Micheal waltrip is going to try and enter these races that he wants to race, and hes not going to qualify for them, and it will be hilarious. haha. glad to hear he's retiring.

I say he makes 5 races next year at the most.

I think he is only planning on entering 5 or so and I agree with you, I think he will DNQ for most of the ones he tries since he is give the 55 points to the 56 with Truex MW will have no owner points and he will have to get in on speed... Should be funny to watch.

My prediction on the 5 races:

4-plate races and the All-Star race (he is prob still assured a starting spot from his past win)

He may race his way in to the 500 but he will struggle in the others, either qualifying with a strict qual setup and pitting to put belts back on and such putting him laps down for the race from the start... Should be funny either way!!!!

Tundranation

Reaction
MW has the gift of gab ....just like DW :D We will be watching and listening to him on TV for years to come, racing isn't his best skill .....talking and acting goofy are !!!!!! hahhahahahaha :D

07FJRog

Reaction
MW has the gift of gab ....just like DW :D We will be watching and listening to him on TV for years to come, racing isn't his best skill .....talking and acting goofy are !!!!!! hahhahahahaha :D

tru dat!! lol

NicksTrix

Reaction
chris, i think they put a 10 year cap on the all star free entree pass for the win.
i'd think he'll enter as many as he can find sponsorship for, be it napa or anyone else. maybe sham wow will sign up..
he must not have paid attention to his brother riding around for an extra 10 years, or maybe he did seeing how much money he was milking people for...it's all about the money

Chris Tobin

Reaction
chris, i think they put a 10 year cap on the all star free entree pass for the win.
i'd think he'll enter as many as he can find sponsorship for, be it napa or anyone else. maybe sham wow will sign up..
he must not have paid attention to his brother riding around for an extra 10 years, or maybe he did seeing how much money he was milking people for...it's all about the money

Oh ya, I forgot about that... And, I agree with MW it is all about the money and his EGO...