Michigan II

michael_loomis

practice times in the top 30. quals 38th. races clean and finishes 28th a lap down.

RGFan

Well, RG managed to lose only 2 ownership points to remain 31st in the standings.....As long as the shiot continue to get shiottier, he should remain there.

kaw500

Yep it looks like the #7 is the best of the worst for now.

I hope he can locate the correct gauges next week.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
At this point, I just hope the guy is racing in neckcar next season! With the GEM deal going south,same sponsorshp deals as in the past, and the purse money not covering the bills, I just hope to a #7 next year!

Ryan_P

RGM has been a team constantly racing for the Lucky Dog. A Top 25 would be a good day.

Time to start looking for an investor, or start begging to merge...

bajafox

Accepted
RGM has been a team constantly racing for the Lucky Dog. A Top 25 would be a good day.

Maybe he should rename it to Lucky Dog Racing?:D And get sponsored by Pedigree?

I agree, by now it's more than obvious this single car owner/driver thing doesn't work well if you want to run up front. Bring in an investor, merge or sell it and drive for someone else. It's not fun watching him run in the back, even worse at a road course

9Iron

Maybe he should rename it to Lucky Dog Racing?:D And get sponsored by Pedigree?
Maybe romance Arrons away from POS...
"Iams" pet food?
How about "Der Wienerschnitzel"?
... (think the 'chicken suite' of Burt Renolds)

onebuilder

Didnt Gillette purchase the team at the beginning of the year? Reason for the switch to Dodge at the last minute. Keeping RG from having to file chapter 11.

RGFan

Gillet purchased Evernham if I'm not mistaken. RG is still on his own. I could be wrong though!!
RG is still on his own.....Looking for the "Right Investor"...Thought it was going to be Gillette Jr, talks of that deal have cooled off publicly, as has the relationship with GEM (There were talks of RGM being treated as a 4th team for GEM initially, without being counted as such officially, Nascar said NO WAY). Privately, anything is possible, but I think the performance of the 7 speaks for itself as where the relationship has gone.

Offspring

Gillet purchased Evernham if I'm not mistaken. RG is still on his own. I could be wrong though!!
That deal saved Ray. RG is just a footnote on that deal. It's turned out to be a very minor connection between the teams. Earlier it seemed to be more involved especially with the sponsor switching when a GEM car didn't make the race. That bridge has been destroyed it looks like.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
I would think his best bet now would be Toyota Redbull. I don't know were his relationship stand with them but,I think he would be a huge assit to that team. I look for the 83 to be running up front this weekend. Plus that team has made more progress this season then RG has in 5 yrs! Well,maybe not the 84 but as a team they are doing very well!

RGFan

I would think his best bet now would be Toyota Redbull. I don't know were his relationship stand with them but,I think he would be a huge assit to that team. I look for the 83 to be running up front this weekend. Plus that team has made more progress this season then RG has in 5 yrs! Well,maybe not the 84 but as a team they are doing very well!
WHile I like that idea, I think that could interfere with the Off Road program. Stranger things have happened though.

Ryan_P

RGM is 99 points ahead of that precious Top 35 spot. Just pray for a decent run at Michigan or RG's gonna be on the outside looking in.

Chris Tobin

RGM is 99 points ahead of that precious Top 35 spot. Just pray for a decent run at Michigan or RG's gonna be on the outside looking in.
While 99 points is close, 5-6 drivers behind him would have to do better than him for him to drop back behind them all... I thought he was going to end up 39th or so at Watkins Glen and he rallied when he finally got on the lead lap for the last 16 or so laps... I was happily surprised that he worked his way back up into the 20s!:eek:

Hopefully he will run decent this weekend too!