Mickey Thompson Tires

Catawampus

We are looking for some feedback (based on actual use) of the Mickey Thompson Tires. We currently run Yokohamas - but being that Mickey Thompson is supports off road racing, and pays good contingency awards, I feel the off road community should give them serious consideration. Who has used these tires, and how have they held-up in race conditions? How responsive are they to different road conditions? Any information would be appreciated. I don't want to start a "brand" war here - we are very happy with the Yokes, but I do not know of them providing any support, and I am a firm believer in supporting the businesses that support off road racing.
Thanks,

Kim Wright

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
We run them exclusively. They are an awesome tire. Not a bad thing to say about them. If they didnt look so akward I think a lot more people would run them. I know that Bruce Landfield runs them as well as the class 8 Blazer (penchansky I think) and I know they are happy with them

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Tomack

We run Mickey T's on our truck. They do pretty good. We are going to run M/T's on our stock mini as well. Along with Kritter " if they did not look funny, I think that a lot of other people would like them." We put our to the test every time we race. They last longer than other things we have.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

Catawampus

Thanks for the information – I think we will give them a try - but some think the tires “look awkward”? What's with that? Off road racing involves the most ugliest, dirtiest, toothless, bruised, and battered drivers and co-drivers, and they drive the strangest looking, banged-up, bent, twisted, buggies, cars, and trucks, over the most knarly, rocky, sandy, and desolate terrain in the world, and even their pit teams look like they haven’t bathed or showered for years - and there are some who worry about their tires looking funny? WHAT’S WITH THAT?

Junior

"their pit teams look like they haven't bathed or showered for years"

Careful. I know for a fact that all of our chase guys bath at least once a month. Gotta love those drivers with "summer teeth". lol

summer teeth = summer broke, summer green, summer black, summer missing

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

jimpat

By the way, the blazer is out of Patelli team.
We switched from the Projects to the claws, had no problems not caused by driver mistake.
I at this time would not use any other tire, BFG are very good, as most of the others, but if I have to pay money for tires, M/Ts are the best value.
I have many take offs, 35 x 15s and some new 34 x 17, I'll help you guys out price wise
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Sorry Patelli...brain fade

Kris

JCA

MT kinda turned me away. Their tires were WAY more (for a racer) than BFG's. They offered me a one time buy one get one free for the 4 tires on the truck, not all the tires I run for the truck. They do have a great contingency!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
That's 8 tires JC, then you win a race on the new MTs and get 8 more...gotta think positive.

Kris

Catawampus

Yep - were running a 9 car. All our tires and spares are getting pretty ragged. Your reason as to stay with the Yokohamas?

bpthirteen

We tried the new MT Baja Pro on a 5 car and the Hunters tried out a set on their 10 car. They didn't hook up as well as the Yokohamas. You might have better luck with them on a 9 car since you are dealing with less power. They are very light and flexible. You will just have to try some and see. I think the truck guys have better luck with them because they are using different tires.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

Volcom1095

tried them on a 10 car as well didn't like them either didnt seem to hook up as well. also tried talking them into making a 16"-7.5 for the front of the car but they wouldn't so we stuck with yoks and bfg up front. we would love to run there tires for the cont. and to help the sport but wont run a 15" up front.

jimpat

if you guys want to test some M/T claws. and use 35x15s, i have some take offs and better have good axles, they have the best bite than ANYTHING else we used ( and we got 600 HP + ). We tried the other M/T s but the claw is the on to use, front and rear
jim

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Looks like some of your tires are for sale in the classifieds from Henderson...

Kris

jimpat

yeah, Kris.
not much left on the rear.... i talked to benny after the race ( truck 810 ) and he said that the blazer was like having a cannon and shooting rocks at him when he was behind us and 2 lites got shattered. He backed off but he could not pass us anyway, the blazer was fast in that heat, had the motor tuned for 120* outside temp., 115 octane fuel and one size larger jets. The tires will make a nice souvenir........
jim

frankh

Well I can tell you that the blazer throws some s@@@. I made the mistake of staying right behind it in a sand wash once. just about filled the car up.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I like how the ad said..."only 250 miles on them"

Kris