mid 70s Chevy glass

Zambo

Reaction
Hey, I've searched and it looks like McNeil, Hanneman, and Glassworks make glass for a 75 chevy, but the pics on the websites aren't all that great to be honest. Anybody have any input or pictures for me as I decide what glass to use on my 75 chevy?

Hanneman glass seems to be a great price and its not a conversion, I'd keep the old school grill etc. Their hood is a drop center hood too, which is a big plus in my book.

McNeil glass looks nice, conversion to the new slanted light grill. A little more money, plus who knows how much to buy a new grill, lights, and the associated parts.

Glassworks is a conversion to the square grill years, also a good price. Glassworks is also the only vendor I see that has bedsides, although I did not see a hood listed.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
There was a guy selling the McNiel conversion kit in the classifieds.

How much flare do you need? Autofab has the glass on my truck and has recently made the fenders that comply with the early grill.

Zambo

Reaction
Thanks Mark, I'll check that out.

scottm

Reaction
On my 77 truck I have trailer products fenders up front, called the 'Patelli update set' with 6 inch flair. They match the older cab to the 88+ front grill. Glassworks has bedsides for the older cab, $700 for the pair. But I have no money, so I made bedsides from stock sheetmetal.

http://mysite.verizon.net/trailerproducts/

Mark Newhan

Reaction
MARK, How much does the auto fab kit you have run?

-Greg
Do you mean the glass that is on my truck currently? If so, it is the standard 81-87 glass that I modified to fit a 2003 Chevy van grill and lights. The grill is slightly modified out at the fenders.