mid motor plate for chevy big block

B&A Motorsports 1

Reaction
this one is in the classifieds but it mounts to the front i would like it to go on the rear. have you bought one from the chasis shop before.

Attachments

• partp9152n1.jpg
    partp9152n1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 931

B&A Motorsports 1

Reaction
Bump!!! havent found any good ones yet the chasis shop ones seam like alot of work looking for somthing better. also im guesing that a small block and big block are the same but is there diffrent styles?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
we at Blitzkrieg Motorsports make our own motor plates. i apologize for the terrible pic but its the best i have right this second......i know we just sent a batch off to anodize the other day. feel free to call us for more info and pricing. 714-630-0630. thanks.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
you just need to tell your transmission guy that you are running a 3/8" motorplate and he can build or change your torque converter to match....... with longer mounting points or bosses. or i suppose you could do that yourself too if you are handy in the shop. oh yeah and the converter needs a longer center spud to engage the crank properly.

B&A Motorsports 1

Reaction
well tried to buy a plate today from a shop called allstar performance and they said that a big block is not the same as a small block so i call the blitz but nobody picked up. then got supper swamped at the shop so had no time to call around for some thing else but i will tri on sat and thant for the info matt and also i will tri that tom yancer guy see what he has to say. just picked up the transmission today so im kind of screwed on the converter so im kind of moving backwords. has any body made aluminum mount for the tree holes on the head?

scottm

Reaction
The back of the big block and small block is the same, thats why there is no difference in the trannys for either one. Mid plates are easy to make, and I have a gm drawing of the bolt pattern. If you use 1/8 4130, your transmission/tc offset is 1/3 as much. Matt that chassis is awesome - what is it, a 7200?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
well tried to buy a plate today from a shop called allstar performance and they said that a big block is not the same as a small block so i call the blitz but nobody picked up. then got supper swamped at the shop so had no time to call around for some thing else but i will tri on sat and thant for the info matt and also i will tri that tom yancer guy see what he has to say. just picked up the transmission today so im kind of screwed on the converter so im kind of moving backwords. has any body made aluminum mount for the tree holes on the head?

did you leave a message? we will allways call you back if you leave a message.....thursday and friday last week were really busy for us so the phone didnt get answered a few times and i apologize. please tryback tomorrow if you like. thanks.

and scottm....yes thats Bozzano's 7200. adam householder has the same plate in his truck too.