Mike Koenigs Tundra

Mark Newhan

Reaction
This is Mike Koenigs Toyota Tundra. Earl "Havasubud" was looking for some ideas for a Tundra prerunner that he is considering building. Curtis Guise has prerun with Mike in Baja and enjoyed the ride. I thought that other Toyota Tundra fans would like to see Mike's ride.

Attachments

fatnbald

Reaction
hey mark
how do those isolators work? is there significant noise reduction? and are u using plastic or rubber?

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I have not ridden in it, but I told Mike that I liked the idea. He may post...

fatnbald

Reaction
i believe the centrix truck had a ornamental version of the same concept. always thought it would be cool if it worked. thanks

BCG7

Reaction
They are urathane bushings and they make no noise at all. I wish I would have done it to the front ones to but I wasnt sure how well it was going to work. And I did get the Idea fron the Centrex prerunner

fatnbald

Reaction
They are urathane bushings and they make no noise at all. I wish I would have done it to the front ones to but I wasnt sure how well it was going to work. And I did get the Idea fron the Centrex prerunner
thanks for the info. good to know that it does indeed work.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I would like to see a new Tundra done up, damn sexy trucks!

BCG7

Reaction
NICE!!!! Whats done to the rear??
who built the front end and how much travel does it get???I hear you can get alot out of the new tundras.

My truck definatly aint no beauty queen but it gets the job done.Ive put 30k offroad and towing my race truck miles on it sence I got it and its still ticken without any major incidents.

TRXSonoma

Reaction
I saw this thing at Prairie City at one of the VORRA races, and it conviced my friend to build his tundra. We were a little disapointed that we didnt see it at the last vorra race in fallon.

Any more pics?:)

charlie_brown

Reaction
here is another Tundra i saw. i have been trying to get more info on it. saw it again at the more night race a few weeks ago driving by. it has "I" beams up front. the radius arms are a 4-link type so you can adjust it. the rear looked like it had a reverse 4-link set up.

about the "isolators" after i rebuilt my cage, it made so much noise inside, i went "old school" and cut some of the solid mounting and welded in some bushings. it cut at lest 50% of the noise. for a prerunner, i would "soft" mount the cage.

Attachments

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
hey mark
how do those isolators work? is there significant noise reduction? and are u using plastic or rubber?

They work extremely well. There is a lot easier way to do it, can be retrofitted to existing plate work most of the time.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Run half a urethane bushing on each side of the shock hiem. Open up the existing holes to the OD of the tubing for the bushing you are using. put bushing half's in the plate a the desired depth to mate up with the shock hiem and weld in. The shock is now supported in the bushing but still moves on the hiem.

BCG7

Reaction
I saw this thing at Prairie City at one of the VORRA races, and it conviced my friend to build his tundra. We were a little disapointed that we didnt see it at the last vorra race in fallon.

I was at the fallon race just didnt bring the tundra. It will be at the next one and the PC races

y2kbaja

Reaction
Mike Tundra is versatile. Here we are at Laughlin rolling cars over.

Next time he's towing his Toy Hauler or race car on the trailer I'll snap a picture of it.

Attachments