Mike Metzger to Race NORRS

amortensen

Reaction
San Diego, CA, Mike Metzger will race on Sunday for the first race of the 2009 National Off Road Racing Series. Mike will also be having space onsite to sell items from his clothing line Metzger Unlimited clothing.

"We are very excited to have Metzger racing NORRS. Coming from a Motorsports background with his Freestyle riding will bring a unique experience to the fans as well as drivers." said Aaron Mortensen.

Mike joins a growing group of top level drivers that will be racing NORRS' first event May 23, 24 at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds in hopes of capturing the 1st place podium and gaining even more exposure through the CBS TV broadcast.

450grl

Reaction
What will he be racing?

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
Good Luck Bill and to all of the others racers:) keep us updated please!

todd5c

Reaction
mike is not racing a superlite. he is racing our sst/v8 prolite. the yellow 5c truck that runs the m4sx and glen helen series. mike already got a practice session in at lake elsinore last sunday. you can go to metzgerunlimited.com to view the video.

ryant35

Reaction
Here the Prolite at Glen Helen Short Course Round 2

JoeyD23

Reaction
mike is not racing a superlite. he is racing our sst/v8 prolite. the yellow 5c truck that runs the m4sx and glen helen series. mike already got a practice session in at lake elsinore last sunday. you can go to metzgerunlimited.com to view the video.

WOW!! Thats bad ass Todd!!!

todd5c

Reaction
prolite. our truck, with a sealed gm performance crate 350 small block (same spec engine as the irwindale trucks ) and an outomatic trans, was pretty even powerwise with Jeff Huseman's prolite at the perris pdg practice.

UTVUGRUSTY

Reaction
NORRS race is not happening after all. Read info below.

Re: Will NORRS happen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race is canceled. It was due to an issue between NORRS and the fairgrounds and probably more that I don't have any details on. From what I hear the fairgrounds were the ones to make the final call to pull the plug.

The Crew building the track were doing a great job and it looked just about ready to race on. And Billy Heandiges was able to put together a full production crew on very short notice which was setup and ready to shoot. It's to bad that issues out of the TV production and track crews control were what caused the cancelation.

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
I've seen that truck out at Perris. It's pretty nice. Metzger had a van out at Glen Helen selling shirts, but I did not see him there. Hopefully he will do some offroad racing soon.