Mike's Sky Rancho

Dezertpilot

Question, how far is it in from the highway one way or round trip? And where do you turn off the highway to get to it and lastly is it off the 3? Thanks!

Dezertpilot

Nevermind found the answer's, how can I delete this thread? Thanks!

randy s

it's a good thing cause we were'nt gonna tell ya anyway....ja ja just teasin'.

Dezertpilot

it's a good thing cause we were'nt gonna tell ya anyway....ja ja just teasin'.
My buddy and two of his friends said they are going in May. IM hoping to tag along:) From Google maps it shows its roughly about 20ish miles from the 3 right? And is that the Valle T turn off or ?

ace_photo

GET SOME
Making a run this weekend from Santa Veronica to Mikes and back. 15 of us on bikes!! Can't wait, I haven't been there since I was 6 or 7.

Dezertpilot

Making a run this weekend from Santa Veronica to Mikes and back. 15 of us on bikes!! Can't wait, I haven't been there since I was 6 or 7.
Be safe! Have fun! Question: How do you get your clothes to Mikes to change and what not? Or do you just wear your same ol' clothes?:confused:

Tipracer

chase truck or a back pack with your favorite pair of underroos....its a fun ride espescially when the water crossing right before mikes is runnin good

ace_photo

GET SOME
Be safe! Have fun! Question: How do you get your clothes to Mikes to change and what not? Or do you just wear your same ol' clothes?:confused:
We have a chaser, but like Tipracer said a backpack with a few goods will work.

worcs761

I am sitting in 6 inches more spring snow here in Denver, Co. Just got off the phone with my riding Bro's who are starting day #3 of riding Moab. There ride report of new trails eased none of the pain of having to stay back. Just last month, had to sell my moto/race/play wagon/ride to Mikes, El Coyote, Zoo Road, Matomi, cannot forget Matomi. I have to see that RG progressive, alt. creative, fast line............... Just took my Zoloft med, so I can get focused on selling some remodel project.
Dang, I want to ride. Please send some positive MOJO my way. Let's ride......... Oh, that is a problem. There is no more SX in the garage. No brrrrrrraaaaaaap!
Let us all get this economic down slide turned around so we all can get back in the dirt.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Yes off of the 3. There are two ways in...one from Valle T (head west from the Pemex...at the 'T' turn right and then left at the fence) and one further south. There are some very weak signs, but pretty hard to get lost. I am thinking it is something like 25 miles up there. There is also another way in from the south. What we did in October was go in at Valle T (get fuel), and use the other road on our way out...since we were heading to San Flippy via Morellia Jct. I carry a back pack with my evening formal wear...flip flops, shorts and t-shirt. I also get major ship from my buds because I do 'laundry' every night, which consists of washing out my socks, bike shorts and jersey. It is so friggin' dry up there that the cloths are dry in the morning. Watch out for Wide Open Baja guys who are driving on the road quite often.

Here is the GPS coordinates for Mike's:

Waypoint
SKYRCH
MIKES SKYRANCH
N31 06.536
W115 38.120

worcs761

Who needs way points. If you cannot find a trail that gets you to the top of the hill then ride one of the two roads that leads ya there. Brrrraaap lol

mawtrophykart

Dont forget your swim trunks for the heated pool! Bring extra fuel so the generator that runs the bar does'nt run out 1/2 way through thier 9653 showing of "Dust to Glory" nightly.(on VHS)

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Who needs way points. If you cannot find a trail that gets you to the top of the hill then ride one of the two roads that leads ya there. Brrrraaap lol
I figured if the guy didn't know which highway the turn off was off of...a waypoint would be a good idea! :rolleyes:

worcs761

Way points are cool. I am just not cool with me not being the one to lead the ride. As posted, I am so frigging way off track with this economic down turn and not with any current plans to ride/race/chase or even spectate. A spark of hope is on the table right now and I would be happy to push a XR 650 up to Mikes from VDT. Since last summer it seams and feels like I have been pushing a F350 up Simpson's trying to get to El Coyote. Being content with good health is one thing. Doing something with it is another. Dig push dig push, I am ready to get unstuck.

Vtr_Racing

You will have a blast up there. Use caution for on coming traffic. Chase truck is nice to have but not necessary. Brihng some extra fuel and change of clothes in your back pack and your set. Sounds like a good time to me. Be safe.... Have someone track you using Spot...

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
it was nice place to stay there at Mike's Sky Rancho place anyone going to dress up ?

Chase 2

it was nice place to stay there at Mike's Sky Rancho place anyone going to dress up ?
I'll be up there this weekend, should be great weather! But, if it's OK with you Kicker, we'll leave the cross dressing to you DA and Pistola types.